Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

If PSA gave you a 5 card voucher today…

…what would you send? Any card, any era, any reason.

I think I would go for three regular cards…

1955 Topps #123 Sandy Koufax

1956 Topps #31 Hank Aaron

1964 Topps #50 Mickey Mantle

…one PSA/DNA…

1969 Topps #500 Mickey Mantle

…and one Jumbo:
1961 Phillies Cigar Mickey Mantle

I have others to send (don’t we all) but that’s probably what I would send today.

How about you?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

So these are all in various "submit" piles....

But I threw in the pinhole version...because, well, you know...it's a freebie!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a hypothetical people!

Nobody has cards to send?

😁😂😁😂😁😂👍😂👍😂

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If PSA gave you a 5 card voucher today……what would you send? Any card, any era, any reason?"
    Um, That's an easy one to answer for me:
    I would trade those 5 card vouchers to anyone; for 72 Football Rack Packs, 78 Football Rack Packs, 79 Football Rack Packs, and then I would go to BBCE and have those Racks "Wrapped"

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

You must have been so nervous taking a picture of that Hillegas outside of a holder. I would have been shaking the entire time.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:

Come on 10s baby! Big money no whammies.

Nice assortment!

Not a grading guy? The vast majority of my stuff is also raw…

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2021 5:20PM

I’ll grade but if they gave me 5 free spins I’ll send these

Jk having fun

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

These 5

• Options

@balco758 said:

These 5

Pretty Cool on your 57 Johnny U!

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll play. I am pretty close to sending these in anyway. The odd man out of this group would probably be the Munson. Even though the centering is nice the edges and corners are not the best

I do not do a ton of ultra modern FB but I really like Herbert. I picked up this Field Level Silver recently and I need to get it subbed

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

@rexvos said:
    I’ll play. I am pretty close to sending these in anyway. The odd man out of this group would probably be the Munson. Even though the centering is nice the edges and corners are not the best

I do not do a ton of ultra modern FB but I really like Herbert. I picked up this Field Level Silver recently and I need to get it subbed

Pretty Cool on your Pistol Pete; I dig your Kobe & Mickey.
    Um 71 Thurman Munson is always a Cool card!

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 free subs? Probably these...

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

A mix of new, some from childhood and some I’ve picked up while looking for diamonds in the rough. Curious to see how they would grade.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had been debating about using a group submitter for most of these back before PSA shutdown. The 86 Merchante MJ has a crease and had been previously glued to an album,its going to just end up in an Authentic slab at some point.

The SLU's are all in pretty good condition compared to what most of these cards look like removed from their packaging.

and this Spider-Man was one of my son's favorite cards back when he was younger and would probably look good in a PSA slab.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd

LOVE the spidey!!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:
    5 free subs? Probably these...

Being a Detroit Tiger fan I love the Kaline and Maxwell card but the Banks card is awesome - always like the Jello and Post cards from that era.

Mark

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

If given a free 5 card submission, I would ask “when can I honestly expect to get the cards back?”. My answer would then be dictated by that date. If that answer and return date resemble anything like my free Collector’s Club voucher, I would probably sell the 5 free submissions. Too many things can happen in a year’s time.

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being a Detroit Tiger fan I love the Kaline and Maxwell card but the Banks card is awesome - always like the Jello and Post cards from that era.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I found both in a small coin shop that had a small collection of vintage cards for sale. Lucky find. I have a few Kalines in my collection. My dad always admired him - a great hitter and outfielder. Wish I could have seen him play.

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

Mark

Thanks Mark. I found both in a small coin shop that had a small collection of vintage cards for sale. Lucky find. I have a few Kalines in my collection. My dad always admired him - a great hitter and outfielder. Wish I could have seen him play.

Watched him many times. Who would send back a $100,000 contract with a $5,000 raise in 1970 and say he didn't deserve the raise? What a class act!

At least you had the opportunity to witness a Cubbie World Series victory.

Mark

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

@Bosox1976 said:

Hey Bosox1976,
    Oh Yeah! Um Pretty Cool