Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone using or following PWCC these days

I got a random call from PWCC yesterday to drum up consignment business. I honestly have not thought about them after they got booted from eBay. Anyone following there auctions. How are their hammer prices compared to the premiums they used to get on eBay.

Comments

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

“their” not “there” and no not following.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:
    I got a random call from PWCC yesterday to drum up consignment business. I honestly have not thought about them after they got booted from eBay. Anyone following there auctions. How are their hammer prices compared to the premiums they used to get on eBay.

Seems there are a lot of people getting calls and emails from their sales desk of late. I imagine going off of eBay has lowered the number of eyeballs considerably and has to impact prices somewhat.

The idea of logging into their website to check results just doesn’t appeal to me for a variety of reasons, some of which is simple convenience and some of which is collecting at the absolute market top (in grades and price) was never my bag, baby.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope and will not

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Ha…. I love it Craig44….. “ain’t nobody got time for that”

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    “their” not “there” and no not following.

that was two funny

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

No body goes there any more. It's too crowded. B)

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of them.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

In the past, when I would find a card I wanted that was listed by PWCC I did not always have the willpower to say no. Now that they are not on eBay it's almost like they do not exist.

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:

The items they sell tend to close higher than usual regardless of platform. For all sorts of reasons.

You should consign all your best stuff with them. But also don't buy from there because ethics or something. Please spread the word!

• Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

So closed on a consignment before they got the boot on eBay. 1970 PSA 6 Kaline sold for $32, but NPB so now is relisted on their own auction. Three days left at $10 opening bid and no bids! Thinking I might log on and bid looking for some bargains.

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Got the Call, The E-Mails constantly, and the Answer..is not just No, But Frick No!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get voice mails now and then from them..I dont even bother listening to the spiel before pressing delete.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@mcolney1 said:
    So closed on a consignment before they got the boot on eBay. 1970 PSA 6 Kaline sold for $32, but NPB so now is relisted on their own auction. Three days left at $10 opening bid and no bids! Thinking I might log on and bid looking for some bargains.

What is NFB? Thanks

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NeverSawMantle said:

@mcolney1 said:

What is NFB? Thanks

NPB = Non Paying Bidder (or Buyer)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

So are you guys saying (a) you’ll never buy from PWCC, or (b) you’ll never buy a card that had ever been consigned by PWCC?

In other words, if you saw a Cert # go through a PWCC auction, would you not buy that card from a subsequent seller?

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

@GreenSneakers said:
    So are you guys saying (a) you’ll never buy from PWCC, or (b) you’ll never buy a card that had ever been consigned by PWCC?

In other words, if you saw a Cert # go through a PWCC auction, would you not buy that card from a subsequent seller?

Correct.

• Options
    MParker79MParker79 Posts: 25
    edited October 22, 2021 4:08PM

Had about 20 items 3 hours from ending, selling for about $2500 when they got pulled from eBay. I’ve had them listed on their Fixed Price Marketplace, and sold about 5 items, the highest priced items being a ‘89 Donruss Griffey BGS 9.5 for $500, and Henderson rookie PSA 6 for $100. Both sold for what the high bids were when they got pulled. Waiting to see on the results of the current auction before using it for the remaining stuff I’m trying to unload.

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

So, above comments are interesting albeit predictable.

The PWCC monthly auction is going better than I had hoped it would. The cards I'm following are all at very high price points, similar to eBay sales.

If you are looking for a particular card, I'd say check it out. In my experience shopping on their site tonight, there are no great deals to be had.

But, of course, I could be wrong.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't exist to me anymore. WAY too shady for me. My advice to people....RUN!!

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2021 6:39PM

The PWCC guys are really trying to drum up some business with these thread bumps followed by some obvious propaganda. lol

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least buy a guy a drink first

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:
    So, above comments are interesting albeit predictable.

The PWCC monthly auction is going better than I had hoped it would. The cards I'm following are all at very high price points, similar to eBay sales.

If you are looking for a particular card, I'd say check it out. In my experience shopping on their site tonight, there are no great deals to be had.

But, of course, I could be wrong.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2021 9:45PM

@GreenSneakers said:

I’m not buying from PWCC after they left eBay. After the scandal, I did purchase one low $ common from them on eBay.

As for cards previously consigned to them, it depends. If it’s a high dollar card, then no. If it’s a low dollar common then I will buy from someone else. If it’s a star card that’s up to a few hundred, then I’d buy it if it’s in an older label but I will scrutinize the card.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2021 5:47PM
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotten a few emails. Haven't responded. No interest. It's not likely to ever happen but should I sell / consign Greg Morris would be the choice. I've spent most of this year pumping up my comic book/other collectibles side of things anyway :)