Home Metal Detecting

Great reason to revisit a productive site

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went back to the yard where I previously dug a brass flint lock trigger guard and an 1826 CB 50¢. ATPro gave me good penetration in loamy soil. One large cent, small buckle, fancy kitchen utencil handle, harmonica bone, a medal? and a coin with a building on it? More details shall be revealed after a good soaking. Stay tuned and get out there, fall is a gift. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to see the cleaned up pics :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like interesting finds.... Look forward to the 'cleaned up' pictures..... Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko @1630Boston Clean up reveal is as follows:
    1- 1835 Large cent, small 8, large stars, Head of 1836, LIBERTY is a key marker.
    2- 1844 1/2 Penny, Bank of Montreal, small trees, short nose beaver, pre-confederation.
    3- Elk medallion, rev markings are two acorns (I)(U) and number 25, maker is the Int'l Jewelry Workers Union of America circa 1896-1915 at 61 St. Marks Place NYC.
    4- Sterling silver stemware handle, open end & hollow, marked Sterling and W in a circle, can't find a company in US or UK. Looks like it slides on to a fork or spoon stem.
    5- the brass gizmo is marked Shick Safety razor.
    6- Harmonica bone is not marked but I've dug dozens of them. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

Nice finds Roy....And some silver there as well... Cheers, RickO

Yeah, I like the low budget pewterware enhancement.

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    @ricko @1630Boston Clean up reveal is as follows:
    1- 1835 Large cent, small 8, large stars, Head of 1836, LIBERTY is a key marker.
    2- 1844 1/2 Penny, Bank of Montreal, small trees, short nose beaver, pre-confederation.
    3- Elk medallion, rev markings are two acorns (I)(U) and number 25, maker is the Int'l Jewelry Workers Union of America circa 1896-1915 at 61 St. Marks Place NYC.
    4- Sterling silver stemware handle, open end & hollow, marked Sterling and W in a circle, can't find a company in US or UK. Looks like it slides on to a fork or spoon stem.
    5- the brass gizmo is marked Shick Safety razor.
    6- Harmonica bone is not marked but I've dug dozens of them. Have a good day. Peace Roy

The 1835 Large cent looks like it was in great shape when lost. If only they could tell stories!!! Congrats on another successful hunt Roy

7- The buckle is early and the size is a knickers type. On a horticultural note, there's an invasive stand of bamboo downhill from the stone house. I'm adding an adz, axe and shale bar to my equipment to get thru the roots. They are a beeatch! Peace Roy

Yep... That will be a lot of work Roy... Good luck... but there could be some treasures in there...Cheers, RickO

Had some time yesterday so after digging much trash ie. cut nails, foil, screw in fuses, grommets, washers, etc. I was rewarded with a nice #6 crotal bell, another knickers buckle, harmonica bone, and a '41 wheatie.....and an old sledgehammer head. Have a good day. Peace Roy

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Had some time yesterday so after digging much trash ie. cut nails, foil, screw in fuses, grommets, washers, etc. I was rewarded with a nice #6 crotal bell, another knickers buckle, harmonica bone, and a '41 wheatie.....and an old sledgehammer head. Have a good day. Peace Roy

Nobody can call you lucky. You WORK for all your great finds. Good luck.
    BTW. Always look forward to your posts. Keep them coming, please.

• SandWSandW Posts: 23 ✭✭

Nice finds! Love the 1/2 penny and large cent. Nice detector too (I use a AT Gold on occasion)

@SandW Welcome to CU. This stone house dates 1820. My first 2 finds were an 1826 CBH and a brass flint lock trigger guard. The hunt continues. C u around. Peace Roy

@Namvet69....Really nice coin and that trigger guard is awesome... If only it could talk....Cheers, RickO