Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

That awkward feeling when...

You jump at the chance to acquire a newly listed tough to find raw sticker that looks really sharp on Ebay, and you pay immediately. Next day, the seller relists using the exact same picture.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to dabble in Soccer cards/stickers. Euro sellers use stock photos at a MUCH higher rate than US sellers do - and they won't always make that clear in their listings. The sticker culture in particular is so more about trading/set completion than it is about grading and profit, so there are quite few benevolent sticker merchants who only see stickers as stuck or unstuck, and unstuck = mint! So they just send you the one on the top of the pile. (sigh)

Comments

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thehallmark said:
    You jump at the chance to acquire a newly listed tough to find raw sticker that looks really sharp on Ebay, and you pay immediately. Next day, the seller relists using the exact same picture.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to dabble in Soccer cards/stickers. Euro sellers use stock photos at a MUCH higher rate than US sellers do - and they won't always make that clear in their listings. The sticker culture in particular is so more about trading/set completion than it is about grading and profit, so there are quite few benevolent sticker merchants who only see stickers as stuck or unstuck, and unstuck = mint! So they just send you the one on the top of the pile. (sigh)

I feel ya…

…when it isn’t a ‘professional’ business, I usually ask the seller for specifically what I want. Use your knowledge and experience to your advantage. Whether it’s how I’d like it shipped or if there’s multiple copies, ask for the nicest one, etc.

Whatever applies. Take 10 minutes to communicate politely and effectively and there’s a much better chance you’ll get the service you desire.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Initiate a return as "not as described"? If they don't say stock picture in their item description then they are being shady and you should get a refund.

I always ask for an exact picture of the card front and back if there is any doubt.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, if they did not include stock picture in description, you can get a SNAD return

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.