Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Holder Substitutes

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 18, 2021 6:02PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys, visited my local Hobby Lobby store. Thought I'd pick up some substitute coin holders.
Holders to place my coins in that I know I won't be sending in to PCGS. Have some dollars as well as some nickels to fill these. A tad pricey but it's ok. Whatcha guys think? Thanks :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to put a grade and a sticker on them! ;)

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still like my Coin World "slabs" for my raw stuff. But those are attractive, too. Very expensive for what you get, tho.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you like the snap-loc type of holders you may want to check these Lighthouse holders out. These are a little cheaper than the ones you post (there's ten of these per box at $6.95 per box) and are doubtlessly better quality. They have a black inert foam insert. Look at 'em here-

https://www.lighthouse.us/square-coin-capsules-quadrum.html

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    If you like the snap-loc type of holders you may want to check these Lighthouse holders out. These are a little cheaper than the ones you post (there's ten of these per box at $6.95 per box) and are doubtlessly better quality. They have a black inert foam insert. Look at 'em here-

https://www.lighthouse.us/square-coin-capsules-quadrum.html

Yes, you're right. Those are awesome looking, esp with the black backround.
    I like mine too because of the rectangular shape, a tad larger. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

I like the clear airtight capsules

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure they'll tone like the PCI slabs. Sarcasm aside, looks good!

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why you call them "substitutes". They sure look like coin holders to me.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCCB from Alibaba.

Takes 30 days to arrive, but only about $1.25 each.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few types of coin holders... slabs like above, square as mentioned, airtites, 2x2's.... For special coins, I like either the self slab or airtites... cannot label the airtites, but they work for certain coins. And, I have a lot of raw coins in coin cabinets with pull out drawers. Of course, a lot of TPG slabs as well. I just store them as I see fit. Try several methods and select what you like. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the round air tights then put them in a 2x2 flip and store them in PCGS boxes! It works great! And if you have slabbed coins they will fit right in with the ungraded coins.
    I know, brilliant!!
    Not a fan of those square ones and the labels look amateurish- just my opinion (sorry)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file