Home Sports Talk
Options

Interesting to see no top thread for the New England - Dallas overtime game …

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Dallas has the game on the bag. Everyone knows it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Good game. Enjoyed it very much.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mentioned it in Swami Predictions. I needed Dallas to kick a field goal to push and Dallas almost snatched defeat from the Jaws of victory. Cowboys had 2000 yards in offense and still needed overtime to beat a rookie. Dallas tried so hard to lose. Giving up a 75 yard TD with 2:00 left. Fumble at the goal line, interception in the end zone. Geez. Dallas is still gaining yards but not scoring as I type this at 8:12 EST. 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a great game, I kind of figured Dallas was going to win.

I didn’t post because I was tuned into the game!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Cowboys lack of discipline almost got them in this one. Way too much laundry on the field and a few questionable coaching decisions just about handed this one to NE. They have things to clean up. As a Cowboy fan I'm happy with the win but honestly it shouldn't have been that close.

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@perkdog said:

Cowboys lack of discipline almost got them in this one. Way too much laundry on the field and a few questionable coaching decisions just about handed this one to NE. They have things to clean up. As a Cowboy fan I'm happy with the win but honestly it shouldn't have been that close.

Agreed. I think I said 31-20 or something is what I thought it would be…

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great game. I really wanted that win. Pats fans are experiencing the NFL in a way that we haven't for two decades. It was automatic playoff berth, and SB or bust for all of those years. Now, we are scratching and clawing each week.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

it was a great game. I usually cannot post during games, just too wrapped up in them. I would have gone for it on 4th down in overtime if I was BB. I knew if they gave up the ball in OT, the defense would never stop dallas. same as when BB went for it against Indy in 06 I think it was. Faulk ended up a foot short of the 1st.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2021 9:55PM

Lots of good games today. Seattle and Pittsburgh to finish things off.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a great game, the Diggs pick six and then Mac Jones went right back at Diggs and the Patriots scored, and then the Dallas field goal to send it into overtime. My wife actually got into this game and she knows nothing about football.

• Options
    edited October 18, 2021 5:45AM

Last night might be the first time ive seen a gut wrenching loss with my beloved Patriots and not gotten pissed.

It was a thriller and I fully enjoyed it.

A friend down the street has an outside bar, so we were having a blast watching. Drinking beers outside in the Cool and crisp fall weather with NFL on. GOOD times 👍🏻👍🏻

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Last night might be the first time ive seen a gut wrenching loss with my beloved Patriots and not gotten pissed.

I concur. This season is a whole new ride.

• Options

@perkdog It's different, but fun, am I right?

• Options

last season was the first time in over 20 years that I didnt get ripped after a tough loss. I think it was because of Cam. I knew he was just a stop gap rental type player who wouldnt be around for more than a year or two. It is hard for me to get invested when that is the situation.

this year with Mac though. I can see the rebuild in progress and I love seeing the progression of a young QB. they are just a few plays away from their record being reversed. I am fully invested this year. the Miami loss was gut wrenching, they played TB so tough and then last night...

• Options

@perkdog said:

A friend down the street has an outside bar, so we were having a blast watching. Drinking beers outside in the Cool and crisp fall weather with NFL on. GOOD times 👍🏻👍🏻

Helps when all your other games went well. 😉

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Helps when all your other games went well. 😉

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

SO TRUE!!!!!

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

100%. There is zero stress for us. We get to enjoy the games without Super Bowl expectations so it’s relaxing stress free fun 👍🏻👍🏻

• Options

I will agree that every other super bowl is icing on the cake, but I sure do want number 7 to put us over Pittsburg.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I will agree that every other super bowl is icing on the cake, but I sure do want number 7 to put us over Pittsburg.

True, I think it might be awhile though

• Options

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

True, I think it might be awhile though

We are on the (potentially very long) Stairway To Seven

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

100%. There is zero stress for us. We get to enjoy the games without Super Bowl expectations so it’s relaxing stress free fun 👍🏻👍🏻

Yeah I don’t quite know that feeling. 😔

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@craig44 said:

Or this one either. 😔

W.C.Fields
  • Options

In fact I’m still trying to catch up to Jets fans. 😔

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2021 11:56AM

Sorry @2dueces

In all seriousness (and I think I speak for many Patriots fans here) if my team is eliminated then yours is the number one team I am pulling for to get a SB win. The AFC East rivalry juices keep me wanting the Pats to get back on top. But I know our journey is just getting (re)started. Your 2021 Bills squad has what it takes to win the ring. I would love for you to experience that. It would be glorious and I know we all want that for you.

Also, as Brady fans, myself and many others do not want to see Mahomes rise up and take glory. Last year they were pushing that baby GOAT narrative. But we all know the truth. I was happy for @darin to get his title two years ago, but enough's enough. The love needs to be spread. First stop, Buffalo.

Edited to add: I'm still hoping for my Pats to get a win against Buffalo this year.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see Buffalo win a Super Bowl, I grew up in the early 90s watching those great Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Buffalo Bills teams.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 7:12PM

0-4 at home ; (

But great game

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......