Home Q & A Forum
Options

Heritage Auction Web Site

WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok I know I am old and not computer savvy.
I have tried to navigate thru Heritage's auction site to find out what the Buyer's Premium Costs are with no success.
There has to be a list showing what the ranges / costs are.
What prompted me to do this is that I was sent an email on a coin I was tracking.
The coin's current bid price was $1.00 and with BP, $30.00.
The BP use to be 19% or $19.00 for under $100.00 realized, but now seems to be 29% or $29.00 for prices realized under $100.00.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks to all in advance.
Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Comments

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

From their website:

Buyer’s Premium:
    2. All bids are subject to a Buyer’s Premium which is in addition to the placed successful bid:
    • ForDomain Names & Intellectual Property Auction lotsthe Buyer’s Premium is fifteen percent (15%) subject
    to a minimum of $29 per lot;
    • ForComic, Currency, Movie Posters, Sports Collectibles,U.S. Animation Art,U.S. Coin, and World & Ancient
    Coin Auction lots the Buyer’s Premium is twenty percent (20%) subject to a minimum of $29 per lot, except
    for Sports Collectibles lots which are subject to a minimum of $14 per lot;
    • For Wine Auction lots the Buyer’s Premium is twenty-three percent (23%) subject to a minimum of $29 per
    lot;
    • For European Comic Art Auction lots, the Buyer’s Premium is twenty-five percent (25%) subject to a
    minimum of $29 per lot;
    • For lots in all other categories not listed above, the Buyer’s Premium per lot is twenty-five percent (25%) on
    the first $300,000 subject to a minimum of $49 per lot, plus twenty percent (20%) of any amount between
    $300,000 and $3,000,000, plus fifteen percent (15%) of any amount over $3,000,000.

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:
    From their website:

Buyer’s Premium:
    2. All bids are subject to a Buyer’s Premium which is in addition to the placed successful bid:
    • ForDomain Names & Intellectual Property Auction lotsthe Buyer’s Premium is fifteen percent (15%) subject
    to a minimum of $29 per lot;
    • ForComic, Currency, Movie Posters, Sports Collectibles,U.S. Animation Art,U.S. Coin, and World & Ancient
    Coin Auction lots the Buyer’s Premium is twenty percent (20%) subject to a minimum of $29 per lot, except
    for Sports Collectibles lots which are subject to a minimum of $14 per lot;
    • For Wine Auction lots the Buyer’s Premium is twenty-three percent (23%) subject to a minimum of $29 per
    lot;
    • For European Comic Art Auction lots, the Buyer’s Premium is twenty-five percent (25%) subject to a
    minimum of $29 per lot;
    • For lots in all other categories not listed above, the Buyer’s Premium per lot is twenty-five percent (25%) on
    the first $300,000 subject to a minimum of $49 per lot, plus twenty percent (20%) of any amount between
    $300,000 and $3,000,000, plus fifteen percent (15%) of any amount over $3,000,000.

I told you I am old how did you get to find buyer's premium?
    I was doing coins which listed at 19.00 per lot.
    How do I get to this listing?
    Thanks
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally auction sites have a min. BP.

You encountered HAs $29 minimum

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I have purchased a lot of coins from Heritage over the years and this is the first time I have encountered the $29.00 minimum BP fee.
    I was glad to get outbid at the $2.00 level. lol
    No more bids for coins under $100.00 for me.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 5:21PM

@WAYNEAS said:
    I have purchased a lot of coins from Heritage over the years and this is the first time I have encountered the $29.00 minimum BP fee.
    I was glad to get outbid at the $2.00 level. lol
    No more bids for coins under $100.00 for me.
    Wayne

I am pretty sure there aren’t many if any under $100 coins on HA when the hammer finally falls!