Home Sports Talk
Options

DOUBLEDRAGON

LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you go DD? I miss seeing the posts and funny memes! Has anyone heard from him? Miss seeing him on here.

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    Where did you go DD? I miss seeing the posts and funny memes! Has anyone heard from him? Miss seeing him on here.

@doubledragon

He was bothered by some comments from two posters and took his leave of here. It’s a shame that he’s gone as he posted a lot here in the Sports section. He was quite a card. And speaking of quite a card…

😁

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon

He was bothered by some comments from two posters and took his leave of here. It’s a shame that he’s gone as he posted a lot here in the Sports section. He was quite a card. And speaking of quite a card…

😁

Now that's a fine piece of "art"! Very cool!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I messaged him. Haven't heard back. I think he's gone.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable. I didn’t read past the first post on that thread and knew it wouldn’t end well. Unf—kingbelievable

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I messaged him. Haven't heard back. I think he's gone.

Same here. Hopefully he's just taking a break.

• Options

He’ll be back.

Prediction?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2021 2:29PM

The gunslinger has a new notch.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's too bad he's gone. I enjoyed reading posts in the Topics he'd come up with.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been messaging him as well and haven’t heard back.

I’m pissed because he really put effort into making this forum fun.

I don’t understand why anyone would get that upset over something posted here and just log out and not come back, I mean if you get that mad then take it to PM and speak your mind and avoid.

I had an issue with something someone posted, took it to PM, said my peace and avoided said poster for almost a year. Well time healed old annoyances and I moved on.

@stevek @doubledragon i wish you guys would get the hell back in here, it’s NFL Season!!!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of sensitivity these days...frankly, I didn't think anything said was all that egregious, at least to pick up and leave in either case.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

One of the better video games of the late 1980s for sure.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2021 3:48PM

@grote15 said:
    A lot of sensitivity these days...frankly, I didn't think anything said was all that egregious, at least to pick up and leave in either case.

Same. I think his exchange with keets was even steven. I know he was pissed but pissed off enough to leave? Anyways a vacation from the forum does a mind good from time to time. At the very least he has time for lots of new threads for his hopeful return. Oh my

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

Same. I think his exchange with keets was even steven. I know he was pissed but pissed off enough to leave? Anyways a vacation from the forum does a mind good from time to time. At the very least he has time for lots of new threads for his hopeful return. Oh my

m

You guys can go back and read what was written. It was in two threads. Keets was building a psychological profile on DD based on DD's posts.

you seem obsessed not just with Urban Meyer but with anyone who makes a mistake or is somehow embarrassed on Social Media. that strikes me as very shallow and negative.

actually, there's so much hate directed at Urban Meyer by one member that it's taken three threads and one Poll to fully express it. something tells me he may not be finished yet. I see some sort of possible icon change on the horizon, but everything is happy at home, I suppose.

• Options
    edited October 16, 2021 4:19PM

@thisistheshow

He seemed on tilt here and blew off some steam emphatically. He gave it pretty good. Blows were landed on both sides.

"You know keets, you seem to have it in for me, when in reality you're the biggest jerk on the whole forum. You sit behind your keyboard casting judgement on everyone, when in reality you don't know a thing about me or anyone else here. I tried to make sure this place stayed going and stayed active, tried to make sure we had something to talk about everyday, tried to add some humor, I didn't want to see this place dead like it was when I got here. Where the heck were you when this place was empty? Probably over in the coin section judging everyone like you usually do, throwing your weight around, telling everyone what's right and what's wrong. Hey Mark, keets is the reason I have been in a bad mood lately, I'm sick of his big mouth"

Anyways I hope he returns and sooner then later. Time to move on.

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Double..... Hi. I'm ya boxing 🥊 brother. I miss you .... Dawg! 💓👍👠😘💘

• Options

I agree with all the "Bitch to the man through PM" - why think you need to have others read your crap on the main forum? I don't know, just someone that wanted to keep "SportsTalk" alive and well was chased away by a few - and why? Like usual in today's society - a few ruin it for the majority!!!!!!!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

no reason to rehash everything that happened.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keets might be upset that his beloved Cleveland Indians are a thing of the past...Unfortunately.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    @thisistheshow

He seemed on tilt here and blew off some steam emphatically. He gave it pretty good. Blows were landed on both sides.

"You know keets, you seem to have it in for me, when in reality you're the biggest jerk on the whole forum. You sit behind your keyboard casting judgement on everyone, when in reality you don't know a thing about me or anyone else here. I tried to make sure this place stayed going and stayed active, tried to make sure we had something to talk about everyday, tried to add some humor, I didn't want to see this place dead like it was when I got here. Where the heck were you when this place was empty? Probably over in the coin section judging everyone like you usually do, throwing your weight around, telling everyone what's right and what's wrong. Hey Mark, keets is the reason I have been in a bad mood lately, I'm sick of his big mouth"

Anyways I hope he returns and sooner then later. Time to move on.

mark

DD wrote that in response.

• Options

I know

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

keets, are you in jail over the whole DD thing?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I missed all the threads in this situation. Didn't know DD left until I read this.

DD You add so much to this forum

See you soon again on these. Halloween is coming and we will need your comments !!!

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2021 5:47AM

Enough of this nonsense @doubledragon get back in here STAT!

• Options

keets, are you in jail over the whole DD thing??

yes, I am, while DD is apparently innocent of any transgression and has left the building of his own volition.

• Options

@keets said:
    keets, are you in jail over the whole DD thing??

yes, I am, while DD is apparently innocent of any transgression and has left the building of his own volition.

I defended DD here, and feel he was attacked, but you are right keets that he attacked back. I hope he does come back, and he could sit some time out of posting as well.

You both make my time here and this place better.

• Options

I’m DD’s biggest fan but two guys having an issue with each other happens from time to time and I don’t blame anyone for him leaving. At the end of the day we are all responsible for our own actions.

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

I can see why whoever DD is has an issue with Urban Meyer. What a stupid, useless move going for it on 4th and 2 when a field goal puts them up by a touchdown.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@keets said:

keets, are you in jail over the whole DD thing?

Plus he has to do 100 hours community service and attend charm school

m

• Options

DD, the middle of the week is cold without you! Baby come back! 🎶
    We were wrong.... And we just can't live without you! 🎶 D.D come baaaaahh kk. 🎶

• Options

Plus he has to do 100 hours community service and attend charm school.

I teach Charm School but the tuition is prohibitive. :D

• Options

• Options

And all is well again 👏👏👏👏👏

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Plus he has to do 100 hours community service and attend charm school.

I teach Charm School but the tuition is free and worth every penny :D

FIFY

Have a nice day
  • Options

Good to see you buddy 😂!👍 We're glad you're back!!!! I'm not getting into it...(none of my biz) But good to see you!

• Options

Nice!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Historicalwood71 said:
    Good to see you buddy 😂!👍 We're glad you're back!!!! I'm not getting into it...(none of my biz) But good to see you!

Thanks buddy, it's great to be back. 🖒

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Historicalwood71 said:

Always man!!!! 👍👍🙏🤝

• Options

YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES

One like for a 1960 Post Cereal panel of Mickey Mantle is patently absurd.

I mean, really.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Historicalwood71 said:

And I second that! Welcome back sir!

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

@Historicalwood71 said:

And I second that! Welcome back sir!

He's our fight highlight reel guy and stupid news guy.... 😂 We can't lose him!!!