Home Sports Talk

Who will be the next NFL sure thing to fall??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

--- After Week One, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were the "World Beaters" of the NFL.
--- After Week Two it was "Who's better than Tampa Bay" but there were whispers about the Baltimore Ravens.
--- After Week Three all the talk was LA Rams and their defense.
--- After Week Four it was all about the Arizona Cardinals.
--- After Week Five it's been all about the Buffalo Bills with shouts from the bleachers about the LA Chargers.
--- After Week Six it's all about ________________.

Now we are ready to start Week Six with some match-ups featuring the Teams mentioned above. The two biggest games would seem to be The Chargers vs. The Ravens and The Cardinals vs. The Browns. I also think there are two "trap games" on the schedule, with The Bills vs. The Titans and The Chiefs vs. The Redskins.

So my question would be not so much who will fall this week, but who will be the talk of the Town after Week Six???

al h.

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets

try to give me an unbiased explanatory analysis of Ari-Cle

what do you think is going to happen?

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it will be an interesting game for several reasons. right now the weather forecast is for a temp of around 60 degrees, partly sunny and a West/Northwest wind @15-20mph with a slight chance of rain. it starts in daylight at 4PM and around here it gets dark a little before 7PM, so they'll finish under the lights. it's on grass which all adds up to absolutely perfect conditions for a Football game.

Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield played together at Oklahoma and each won the Heisman there, so they certainly know each other which adds a neat quality to the game.

I was looking at some Team stats the other day and it seems to me that Cleveland should be able to run the ball effectively against Arizona. to that end, they should be able to score enough to win, but will the defense show up?? everyone knows what the Cardinals can do on offense and right now the Browns are a little beat up. they were without Clowney and some DB's last game but should be healthy enough to be better than they were against the Chargers. if Arizona converts 3rd downs like the Chargers did it's gonna get ugly.

Cleveland doesn't seem to have any problem in the first half of games, but I think Stefanski's inexperience shows when the Browns don't adjust after the half. also, he tends to become conservative, thinking the running game came chew up the clock. being at home should help because if the Browns choose that strategy the fans will voice their disapproval. if they stay aggressive they can match any Team on the scoreboard.

Cleveland's strategy on defense the past few weeks has been to only rush four, hardly any blitzing. if Murray has time to pass with the targets he has the Cards should be able to move downfield. I think Cleveland should blitz him up the middle early to at least make him think about it. I don't know much about the Cards running backs but the browns tend to be OK against the run, no really big gains or high totals.

I had heard that this game will be on FOX locally and that's it. can you verify that??

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

After seeing Las Vegas favoring Cleveland against an undefeated team I have to believe Arizona will be the next team to fall. @keets has alerted us to all the injuries and Kyler Murray is having issues with his throwing shoulder again. He had a similar injury last year and it started a downward spiral that ended with the Cardinals losing 6 of their last 8 and missing the playoffs.
    Honestly I’m still not convinced the Cardinals are as elite as their record but it takes a lot to convince me. They aren’t a proven playoff team. Haven’t had the experience of “the big game” and we all saw what happened with Seattle after their hot start.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ravens or Chargers.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

several notables: basically entire late 90s bravos starting rotation. chipper. holyfield? one could make a case for the unhearlded tommy nobis.

After seeing Las Vegas favoring Cleveland against an undefeated team I have to believe Arizona will be the next team to fall.

I had to bite my lip and pick the home Team in the pool, I just can't go against "my Team" unless the odds are really against them.

@keets said:
    After seeing Las Vegas favoring Cleveland against an undefeated team I have to believe Arizona will be the next team to fall.

I had to bite my lip and pick the home Team in the pool, I just can't go against "my Team" unless the odds are really against them.

Vegas is begging you to take Arizona. That’s the kinda game you look at and say huh?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    edited October 14, 2021 2:44PM

I wonder who all the people are that are putting money on Cleveland??

let me pose a question: if Buffalo, Arizona and Baltimore all lose, who will the talk shows be talking about on Tuesday??

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outside of unplanned player outages, Mahomes, Brady, Indy cab be time fillers

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills are the best team right now until they are not

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Cowboys win again this weekend that's all that ESPN will be gushing about............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

:)

@Steven59 said:
    If the Cowboys win again this weekend that's all that ESPN will be gushing about............

The 3 things the talking heads will always highlight
    Americans team
    Tom Brady
    America’s team

The Cowboys are the #1 team when it comes to memorabilia sales. Sell the team, sell the product. Win or lose the Cowboys will always be the first game featured. Then Brady, then all the other scrub teams.

W.C.Fields

not in the Cowboys defense, but they are playing well so far this year. remember that Tampa drive for the winning Field Goal where Godwin pushed the Dallas defender and no-flag?? Dallas could be 5-0 and Tampa Bay could be 4-2.

The Cowboys will be a playoff talk team
    Until they stomp that out with their own feet

Dimeman is in hog-heaven. :p

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

Dimeman is in hog-heaven. :p

i miss ol' Dime

this place is great now, but just imagine if he was around with the Boys playing well

there would be minimal caps & exclamation points

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 8:29PM

?

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

several notables: basically entire late 90s bravos starting rotation. chipper. holyfield? one could make a case for the unhearlded tommy nobis.

Wrong thread, methinks. Nice Rushmore for hotlanta!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@Steven59 said:

Americans team
    Tom Brady
    America’s team

The Cowboys are the #1 team when it comes to memorabilia sales. Sell the team, sell the product. Win or lose the Cowboys will always be the first game featured. Then Brady, then all the other scrub teams.

Despite all of Brady's success, the league went out of their way over the years to not make him "the man".

@perkdog said:

Don’t worry Jerry Jones will find a way to screw it up. He’s been too quiet not to.

W.C.Fields
    edited October 17, 2021 10:15AM

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

@Steven59 said:

Americans team
    Tom Brady
    America’s team

Despite all of Brady's success, the league went out of their way over the years to not make him "the man".

There was not many things more enjoyable than to watch Goodell hand him the Lombardi trophy after hitting him with the suspension lol

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Don’t worry Jerry Jones will find a way to screw it up. He’s been too quiet not to.

😂😂😂

• FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@blurryface said:
    atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

I sorry. Me thought this was the sports talk forum where nothing really makes sense and nonsense was encouraged? >:)

@Flux said:

@blurryface said:
    atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

I sorry. Me thought this was the sports talk forum where nothing really makes sense and nonsense was encouraged? >:)

Me fail English? That’s unpossible.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

@Flux said:

@blurryface said:
    atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

私は日本人です

@Flux said:

@Flux said:

@blurryface said:
    atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

私は日本人です

日本人の友達、アメリカからのご挨拶。これが1934年頃のあなたの国のスワットのスルタンです。

@flux Your signature line says "I am Japanese". Yes, I used Google Translate.

I'm sorry, don't we speak English here??

@Flux said:

@Flux said:

@blurryface said:
    atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

私は日本人です

Google translate is worse at Japanese than I am at English. 😉

Utsukushii card!

Our Home Run King

@keets said:

You are just a real warm person, aren’t you?

@Flux said:

@Flux said:

@Flux said:

@blurryface said:
    atlanta:

bobby jones
    hank aaron
    herschel walker
    dominique

私は日本人です

Google translate is worse at Japanese than I am at English. 😉

Utsukushii card!

Our Home Run King

Likewise!

Those Oh cards are amazing! Great imagery!

@keets said:

Hai and Hi!

@keets said:

yes, we do. And @flux speaks it very well considering it is a second language.

@Flux said:

@keets said:

Hai and Hi!

Welcome to the sports forum. Just a bunch of nerds behind their computers talking trash.

W.C.Fields

@thisistheshow said:

@keets said:

Tiger Woods speak pretty good English too. I was born in the US, Indianapolis. Dad military. FTR: I never said it was my second language and was making fun of myself for past English error.

@Flux said:

@thisistheshow said:

@keets said:

Tiger Woods speak pretty good English too. I was born in the US, Indianapolis. Dad military. FTR: I never said it was my second language and was making fun of myself for past English error.

My mistake. Sorry.

looks like the "next sure thing to fall" after Week Six is..........................the Buffalo Bills. :p 2Dueces should have something to say about that.