Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help! What am I missing?

This is from a bulk sub a year ago, just came back. I thought I looked it over pretty carefully before it went in. What did I miss? I'm sure it's there, just can't see it.

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

It certainly doesn't look like a PSA 5 (cert number), but is there something going on with the top edge on the back?

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

could be on holder but imo, theyve been getting stricter on backs recently…

• Options

and maybe scratched coating? dont they knock for that?

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2021 1:38PM

Thanks! That ding on top wasn't there when it went in, I had a different Jordan /100 that came back with a big ding on the side and now it's a 5. Here's a better scan of the back top edge. It looks like a nick under the edge. Is that enough to make a 5? I obviously can't prove it wasn't there before. Luckily this card wasn't worth anything before.

ETA spelling

• Options

If it's scratched coating, just break it out and sell it raw for $5 or something? It's really mot worth anything as a 5.

• Options

@jimq said:
    If it's scratched coating, just break it out and sell it raw for $5 or something? It's really mot worth anything as a 5.

i dont know enough when it comes to that type stuff on those. dont peeled gems go for decent money too?

• Options

Thanks, but that card's not a gem even peeled with that back. I think I did get a couple 10s back on jordan finest. They must have been the wrong ones. Cheap :(

• Options

@jimq said:
    Thanks, but that card's not a gem even peeled with that back. I think I did get a couple 10s back on jordan finest. They must have been the wrong ones. Cheap :(

well i agree. was mainly asking for informational purposes…. 😉

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

There have been many comments on this site regarding submissions that were damaged in the grading process. If this happened to your cards you might check this thread for some tips on how to deal with it.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1064531/damaged-during-authentication-grading-process#latest

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look closely at the bottom-right corner, you see a white line running diagonally across the corner. From what I can tell on other examples of this card on ebay, that line should not be there; so it appears to possibly a dog-eared corner.

Steve

• Options

@SDSportsFan said:
    If you look closely at the bottom-right corner, you see a white line running diagonally across the corner. From what I can tell on other examples of this card on ebay, that line should not be there; so it appears to possibly a dog-eared corner.

Steve

This might be it. I looked at it so much I couldn't see it. It's the peel coming up. Do they deduct for thtt? I don't thnk this is worth the trouble of breaking out, peeling, fees, and waiting just to sell for the grading fees or less, but if it hurts the grade I'll know to watch for it next time. Is it what I was looking for?

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:
    There have been many comments on this site regarding submissions that were damaged in the grading process. If this happened to your cards you might check this thread for some tips on how to deal with it.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1064531/damaged-during-authentication-grading-process#latest

I read that and it scared me a little. I decided not to send any more in and then a few days later sent 4 for label correction.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimq said:

@SDSportsFan said:

Steve

This might be it. I looked at it so much I couldn't see it. It's the peel coming up. Do they deduct for thtt? I don't thnk this is worth the trouble of breaking out, peeling, fees, and waiting just to sell for the grading fees or less, but if it hurts the grade I'll know to watch for it next time. Is it what I was looking for?

Yep, that's what I was referring to.

Steve

• Options

Thanks for all your help!