Home Sports Talk
Options

Looks like Gruden just resigned

2»

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Well......I think it's time to put this baby to bed. I do understand that there are conflicting opinions...... BUT......Since I was born perfect I've always known that mere mortals, those who comprise the entire human race, except me of course, make mistakes. People say things and do things that are not in their best interest and sometimes they even say and do hurty things. YIKES! But they just can't help it because, well, they're just flawed. Like everyone except me of course. I forgive them, " For They Know Not What They Do." Anyway......give it a rest. As for me?............................................................GOD ALMIGHTY!..... IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP!

aren't you the same fella who allowed his granddaughter to perform a can opener off of the sofa ?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 8:17AM

Oh, well.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2021 4:33PM

@galaxy27 said:

@Hydrant said:
    Well......I think it's time to put this baby to bed. I do understand that there are conflicting opinions...... BUT......Since I was born perfect I've always known that mere mortals, those who comprise the entire human race, except me of course, make mistakes. People say things and do things that are not in their best interest and sometimes they even say and do hurty things. YIKES! But they just can't help it because, well, they're just flawed. Like everyone except me of course. I forgive them, " For They Know Not What They Do." Anyway......give it a rest. As for me?............................................................GOD ALMIGHTY!..... IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP!

aren't you the same fella who allowed his granddaughter to perform a can opener off of the sofa ?

Whatever, that's nothing compared to what little Jenny did last Sunday. She went on a stroll. On the ranch. Found her about 1/4 mile from home at the North End. Happy as a bug-in-a-rug. Looking for Mommy. Problem was that Mommy was clearing brush on the South End. The Hydrant women are tough, healthy, and very strong......And beautiful....oh, so......pretty!!!!!!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well one thing is for sure, I learned what the heck “misogynistic” means. I’ve never heard that term before 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Hydrant said:

Whatever, that's nothing compared to what little Jenny did last Sunday. She went on a stroll. On the ranch. Found her about 1/4 mile from home at the North End. Happy as a bug-in-a-rug. Looking for Mommy. Problem was that Mommy was clearing brush on the South End. The Hydrant women are tough, healthy, and very strong......And beautiful....oh, so......pretty!!!!!!

just giving you pop tarts..........i know you're a good grandpa, grandpa fire hydrant

as for Gruden, it's never fair to judge someone based on their looks, but with that perpetual scowl on his face i was always under the impression that he was on the verge of saying just about anything at any time

apparently that held true

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Hydrant said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Hydrant said:

just giving you pop tarts..........i know you're a good grandpa, grandpa fire hydrant

as for Gruden, it's never fair to judge someone based on their looks, but with that perpetual scowl on his face i was always under the impression that he was on the verge of saying just about anything at any time

apparently that held true

devils advocate here. technically he typed, correct? 😉

but i would bet that his lips moves while he reads though.

• Options

^ good point

but if he never in his life said the things he typed, then that would be the most shocking development since the day I made the questionable decision to send off some cards to be reholdered roughly a year ago

• Options
    edited October 13, 2021 7:04PM

@galaxy27 said:

I don't take anything personal. Too old for that. I just figure it's all in fun! We got a good group here. Boys will be boys. Give and take. Anyway......... I haven't slept good since Sunday night. My Jenny! I told her she was a bad girl for wandering off. She said, "Papa, you need to close the gate." She's right. This forum is fun. I like your posts, galaxy. Keep 'em coming!!!!!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    ^ good point

but if he never in his life said the things he typed, then that would be the most shocking development since the day I made the questionable decision to send off some cards to be reholdered roughly a year ago

^ good counter point. guilty as charged there myself. repeat offender, in fact..

• Options

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/tony-dungy-getting-criticized-jon-gruden/amp

Good to know that Dungy and Tirico have rational and reasonable minds. Unlike the people who approve of what happened to Gruden.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the talking heads will have plenty of time to figure out how to straddle the fence on Sunday. get ready for all the shows to spend half their air-time on this. it will be interesting to see how that is done. to my way of thinking, they need to be careful because it's not over yet. with 650k+ e-mails, this is all they found which is embarrassing to NFL executives, Jon Gruden??

we are in an era when change is inevitable and you don't want to be on the wrong side of history. to Dungy and Tirico, I think they are just trying to be loyal to their friend and if I read the story right it seems they commented in the middle of the stream, before the 2nd round of e-mails were released. as more comes out they will probably change their stance.

• Options

@keets said:
    the talking heads will have plenty of time to figure out how to straddle the fence on Sunday. get ready for all the shows to spend half their air-time on this. it will be interesting to see how that is done. to my way of thinking, they need to be careful because it's not over yet. with 650k+ e-mails, this is all they found which is embarrassing to NFL executives, Jon Gruden??

we are in an era when change is inevitable and you don't want to be on the wrong side of history. to Dungy and Tirico, I think they are just trying to be loyal to their friend and if I read the story right it seems they commented in the middle of the stream, before the 2nd round of e-mails were released. as more comes out they will probably change their stance.

Ok so why are they going to continue to go through 650K emails? Why? The guy is GONE. Why continue to dig? To pile on?

When are they going to go through the BILLIONS of emails and conversations that have gone on with all the other NFL people in positions of authority and make sure they are squeaky clean?

• Options

Ok so why are they going to continue to go through 650K emails? Why?

because the original reason was an investigation of WFT as a "hostile workplace" which was initiated by a 3rd party. to my logic, Jon Gruden's e-mails were discovered and released to divert attention away from that investigation, but it is still ongoing. I haven't read anything that says "GrudenGate was uncovered and all e-mails have been looked at, the investigation is now closed" which would end anything/everything. remember, they weren't investigating Gruden, they just "found" him in everything.

this will be one of those drip-drip-drip type of deals. if it is to someone's advantage to release something, we'll see it. if someone high enough up in the chain is exposed, we'll see it and then more. as long as there is an investigation into the WFT this will continue. as to everyone else in the NFL, if they have no connection with WFT, Jon Gruden, Dan Snyder or anyone else who gets "discovered" in this, I'd say they're safe. it isn't an open-ended investigation.

consider it something akin to what happens in Washington DC Politics when a Special Prosecutor is appointed. almost all of the big bombshell scandals were a result of an investigation into something totally unrelated to the scandal that was discovered during the investigation.

• Options

@keets said:
    Ok so why are they going to continue to go through 650K emails? Why?

because the original reason was an investigation of WFT as a "hostile workplace" which was initiated by a 3rd party. to my logic, Jon Gruden's e-mails were discovered and released to divert attention away from that investigation, but it is still ongoing. I haven't read anything that says "GrudenGate was uncovered and all e-mails have been looked at, the investigation is now closed" which would end anything/everything. remember, they weren't investigating Gruden, they just "found" him in everything.

this will be one of those drip-drip-drip type of deals. if it is to someone's advantage to release something, we'll see it. if someone high enough up in the chain is exposed, we'll see it and then more. as long as there is an investigation into the WFT this will continue. as to everyone else in the NFL, if they have no connection with WFT, Jon Gruden, Dan Snyder or anyone else who gets "discovered" in this, I'd say they're safe. it isn't an open-ended investigation.

consider it something akin to what happens in Washington DC Politics when a Special Prosecutor is appointed. almost all of the big bombshell scandals were a result of an investigation into something totally unrelated to the scandal that was discovered during the investigation.

Ok that’s fair

• Options

reading a little more this morning I discover that the initial investigation is indeed over. WFT was fined $10 million way back on July 1st but the e-mail trove of 650k was then sent to the NFL to review for some reason. that's when GrudenGate took place and brought us to where we are today. it seems as though there is some type of cozy relationship between WFT executives/ownership and an Attorney and perhaps others in the NFL Commissioners office. that's probably the logic for the pound of flesh taken so far with maybe more to follow.