Home Sports Talk
Options

Meanwhile- MLB — Red Sox v Rays

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

right now 13th inning tied 4-4 and no runs scored in extra innings

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad judgment call by the umps on that ball hit by Kiermaier in the topof the 13th, the ground rule double call was correct but lack of logical judgment by placing the lead runner, Diaz. back at third base. he was clearly scoring easily no matter what.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t let the Red Sox make the World Series!!!!

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭

Great day!
    Red Sox win in 13th inning.
    Brady throws 5 touchdown passes and over 400 yards.
    Patriots come from behind to win.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was torn last night. I have been a Red Sox fan for 35 years, but the Rays are now the home team.

The Rays may have won 100 games in the regular season, but they fell apart in the play-offs. If you can’t hold a team scoreless in the bottom on the ninth in a must win game, you are not championship material.

The next question is if the team stays in the Tampa area. They already have one foot out the door with a plan to play half of their games in Canada. They want and need a new stadium, but the area politicians have little interest in brokering a deal for one. Get ready for a second Canadian team in Major League Baseball.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2021 8:01AM

@BillJones said:
    I was torn last night. I have been a Red Sox fan for 35 years, but the Rays are now the home team.

The Rays may have won 100 games in the regular season, but they fell apart in the play-offs. If you can’t hold a team scoreless in the bottom on the ninth in a must win game, you are not championship material.

The next question is if the team stays in the Tampa area. They already have one foot out the door with a plan to play half of their games in Canada. They want and need a new stadium, but the area politicians have little interest in brokering a deal for one. Get ready for a second Canadian team in Major League Baseball.

Oh man I don’t care if I ever move anywhere the Pats and Sox are my teams regardless!!

As far as Tampa moving will it be the Montreal Expos part two?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with perkdog. If I ever move, I couldn't just change allegiance. Red Sox and Patriots for me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭

I am too old to change my teams as I have watched the Red Sox for 70 years and the Patriots since they played their 1st game. I now follow Brady closely and get to see more of their games as I will not buy the NFL package and
    Brady is the best quarterback of all time in my mind. I have lived in Albuquerque for the past 30 years so have not gotten back to watch him play as it is just too far away for me to go back to NE.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I agree with perkdog. If I ever move, I couldn't just change allegiance. Red Sox and Patriots for me.

I grew up following the Phillies and the Eagles. They don't call them the "Phutile Phillies" for nothing. As for the Eagles, their eggs are seldom in the nest.

I used to follow the Flyers, but I was done with them when they pulled Kate Smith’s statue from in front of their arena for purely PC reasons. As for the 76ers, pro basketball needs to move all of their franchises to China.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?