Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can someone please help me figure out what happened these??

OneGoodCoinOneGoodCoin Posts: 7
edited October 10, 2021 11:35AM in U.S. Coin Forum

imageAIREVITAL-V1" alt="" title="" />

20210930-032308

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a valuable invisible coin. Worth millions.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Hopefully you can view the picture now

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. Some type of environmental damage or residue. The discolored part was probably exposed to something while the remainder was covered/protected. This discoloration couldn't occur during the minting process, so it can't be an error.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first glance at the picture I thought: What is that, old gold that was struck with a flat die on one side?

Sadly, not nearly so interesting...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OneGoodCoin .... Welcome aboard... I agree with the above diagnosis... No numismatic premium. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    Just post mint damage, paint or glue or some type of crud.

Agree. The discoloration is round so I'm thinking it might be some kind of sticker that disintegrated over time and left that dark residue.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file