Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Start Your Own Legacy Contest Giveaway - Enter Here To Win

JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
edited December 9, 2021 12:04AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

For many years as an OTR truck driver and coin collector...I came up with a novel way to leave a tip at any truckstop restaurant

The following message with a Proof State Quarter or Presidential Dollar was left under the plate

Start Your Own Legacy With This Coin
Begin by storing this PROOF COIN in a safe place…it is not regular circulation, so it’s not meant to be spent. On your 65th birthday, gift the coin to your youngest relative or that special someone who has warmed your heart…with instructions to do the same until the 7th recipient comes up.
The lucky 7th sells it to the highest bidder on his/her 35th birthday. By that time, it will be several hundred years old and worth enough to buy a home, a car, and whatever other toys deemed necessary to continue your legacy…

To enter and win...leave a message explaining the details of what YOU would do with Your Legacy Coin...and the reasons why

My wife (Sandy) and I will choose a winner...on a random basis as replies to this thread are reviewed

The winner will be notified here and a Legacy Coin in AirTite holder will arrive shortly thereafter

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

Comments

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice of you to do this Jon :)
    Hopefully a YN will win.
    Please do not enter me.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• I have a legacy coin passed down from my grandfather. It is a 1898S Morgan dollar. The story behind it is he won it from one of his army buddies back in 1940/41. He kept that coin on him through his entire time while stationed in Hawaii on 07 DEC 41 all the way through his deployments in Europe. He returned home without more than few scratches and bruises and since then was his good luck charm. He passed that coin to my dad who had made it into a necklace which he wore throughout his younger years. He eventually gave it to me and I too wore it all the way from middle school up until college. Probably shouldn't of during football games. I then also took that coin when I was deployed to Iraq and other places while in the army. So I think the coin does have some luck to it.

But to your question, this coin I will eventually pass down to someone else and tell them the history of it so they too can pass it down. Although even if I was the 7th recipient, I don’t think I could come to selling the coin knowing it’s history to those it was once held by. It would have to be dire times for me to even consider it.

• JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

I would agree with Your reasons not to sell the Morgan...

Which is why I've sent You a PM so I can send You a coin to begin Your Legacy

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold