Home Q & A Forum
Options

Guarantee Resubmission question

sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

I looked at my 1941-D Mercury dime that is attributed as a FS-101 with the digital microscope. It does show some doubling, however, I now believe it is the Variety Vista DDO-002 (DDO-001 is the FS-101).

What happens if I send the coin in for Guarantee Resubmission? Do I get the coin back? Would they mark it as the DDO-002? If there is a value difference is that paid?

I like the coin. I want the coin back if possible, but I really want it in the proper holder.

Here is the coin holder:

Obverse:

Reverse:

Portion of the date that does not show the doubling like a FS-101:

The "ST" of "TRUST" also does not match the FS-101:

And this die crack is one of the key pickup points for the DDO-002:

For reference:
varietyvista.com/06%20Mercury%20Dime/1941DDDO002.htm

Any help is greatly appreciated.

S

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would ask PCGS. What they say they will do carries a lot more weight than answers you will get here.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

Decided to just roll the dice and send it in with my next group of submissions.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let us know how you make out.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

All I managed to do so far is fill out the paperwork wrong. I am trying to resolve the issue, but my ignorance seems to have been a hindrance. If it does get reevaluated, I will post the results.

-S

• Options

Got the grade back... no change... They are saying that is the FS-101...

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Variety attribution can be a challenge

I have read on here where it took multiple efforts and pages of photos to get the right attribution.

One question that has nothing to do with FS-101 appearing twice: Does PCGS recognize DDO-002?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

No, I do not believe they recognize DDO-002. I will just leave it in my collection as is. I don't believe it is worth any more time and effort (and money) to get it in the proper holder, since it is destined to stay in my collection anyway.