Home Metal Detecting
Options

Found this old rusted toy gun...

was detection around the yard the other day and came across this ol boy, i haven't found an exact picture of it online yet... so i'm not sure what to look for to compare it to, so im going to post it here and see if any of you seasoned vets can help me get a exact match / identification on it.

thanks detectorists!

• Jacob

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw it in a container of 5% White vinegar - see what you have in the morning!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find! Would love to see it cleaned up (if possible)!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's different

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing I am familiar with... I doubt if it will clean up very much, but something may become visible. Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd spray it with liquid wrench first, let it soak, gently brush off the loose rust and just maybe something embossed in the metal may come into view....or not! Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

soaked in some vinegar and light wire brushed it. cant make anything out on it, so im still unsure of what kind this was.. or if it was home made... idk..

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall this toy as a click noise producing type. Depress the trigger to get a sound. Drill out the rivets, but I'd bet the guts are a rusted blob. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

yeah i agree namvet. be cool to find a picture of a original, i agree with the click noise after depressing the trigger.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find - would look great in a display!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Cool find - would look great in a display!

haha yeah, if only i could figure out what the heck it is.