Home Q & A Forum
Options

Unhappy With eBay Purchase UPDATE last post

daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 15, 2021 6:08PM in Q & A Forum

Without going into too much detail, I made an non-hobby purchase on eBay that was entirely unsatisfactory. Is it possible to both file a SNAD and leave negative feedback?

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to make sure you are able to leave negative feedback do it before you open a case with ebay.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had trouble with sellers and their items before and have filed a case with Ebay and also left Negative or neutral feedback. I definitely do it when the seller refuses to resolve the issue and stops communications with me.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    Jim703Jim703 Posts: 23 ✭✭

I would give the seller a chance to make it right before giving negative feedback.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

check the sellers feedback first, if they have multible negatives, leave the negative, if they have 100 percent feedback, let the buyer make it right

• Options

@Jim703 said:
    I would give the seller a chance to make it right before giving negative feedback.

Oh, absolutely. With six figure feedback I'm sure some things slip through the cracks. I'm just waiting to see if they make it right. So far there has been good communication, and I believe the insulting offer of partial refund is out of ignorance, not malice. Like if a non-coin person was selling an old proof set in OGP that turned out to be in a Capital holder and offered $5 to make up for the difference.

• Options

UPDATE: Seller asked me to wait 1 to 2 days before returning item as they wanted to make sure it was processed properly. Heard nothing for a week. When I asked again, they said they were escalating to the manager and working on it as quickly as possible. Three days later I gave up and posted detailed negative feedback and filed for a SNAD. At the beginning of the process eBay said it was not covered by buyer protection. If that's because I waited two weeks for the seller to do the right thing, then I'm going to be very unhappy.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can file an ebay claim within 30 days of purchase.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let us know how you make out.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...