Home U.S. Coin Forum

New at coins

I have coins and was seeing if someone could tell me if they worth money!

Best Answers

• Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 216 ✭✭✭

Post the pictures here on the BST (Buy, Sell & Trade) category.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd suggest a different approach. Maybe introduce yourself, tell as about what sort of coins you think you have, maybe tell us why you want to sell them. Photos would really help. Are you selling pocket change or $20 gold pieces?

What do you think they are worth? If you have no idea, I'd suggest doing a little research first.

Answers

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2021 8:45PM

You are in luck. Coins literally are money, so yes, they are.

• So do I put pics looking to sell

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do yourself a favor and do some homework of your own before flooding any sites with images of what might be face value pocket change. You can easily look at completed sales on ebay for similar coins to see if they are worth significant sums and by doing so you may find out that some things are worth more or less than you think. It may also help you fine tune your questions so that you get the most information from each post.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Ok thanks guys I was just started looking at all my coins and just started looking up a little!!!

• Ok thanks guys I was just started looking at all my coins and just started looking up a little!!!

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing all the new collectors that are posting here I think it's safe to say that coin collecting is in fine shape! Right?

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    Seeing all the new collectors that are posting here I think it's safe to say that coin collecting is in fine shape! Right?

As inflation increases we'll see more people buying silver and gold coins. Many will transition into also buying collector coins.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@donlisgar... Welcome aboard.... Let us know what you have collected and post some pictures.... That will at least allow us to give you some direction. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file