Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is CoinFlip OK?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I wanted to see if anyone's heard from CoinFlip recently. I've dealt with CoinFlip for quite some time, and it's always been smooth sailing...but I haven't heard a word from him recently, which is unfortunate since I'm still awaiting payment for a handful of coins. Anyway, I'm worried about his well-being since this is entirely out of character. Does anyone know if he's alright? Vacation maybe?

Comments

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you still have the coins.

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

I always had smooth transactions with him. Wonder what's up?

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    ckeusackeusa Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:
    I hope you still have the coins.

They were delivered to him over a month ago, but I'm not worried yet about the coins. Like I said, I've had many great experiences with CoinFlip, as have countless members here. That's why I'm concerned; this is entirely out of character. I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything to make sure he's alright.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds as if he may have been affected by the virus.... I certainly hope not, but if so, I wish him a full recovery. I have lost two close friends and a brother-in-law to this disease. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

His last visit here was September 24.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a few of them at his company. Have you tried messaging the company?

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2021 6:12AM

Always have had smooth transactions with him.

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

I hope it works out for you because I know you are an honest guy. But in my world, 1+ month is way too long not to get any kind of communication back after a receipt of coins. The only acceptable excuse would be some disastrous life event outside their own control.....Things like going on vacation don't count. Good Luck

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it is nothing serious

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hey Mark, I just emailed you at the address above

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Glad your okay @Coinflip!

You’re going to get busier when the Morgan’s/Peace dollars start shipping! 😉

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the above comment. 1 month? Seriously, that is too long to let someone wonder where their money is.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@Coinflip said:
    Am alive and well , but busy overwhelmed and lots going on. If anyone has anything that needs attention can email or direct 3023537649 smileforsomechange@gmail.com

Saw the same type of message from another buyer before when people were not getting paid or no update. It is the buyer's responsibility to contact people he has made deals with or received coins from to keep them informed.

Totally disagree. My responsibility to ship coins it is not my responsibility to beg for money owed me.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@HATTRICK said:

@Coinflip said:
    Am alive and well , but busy overwhelmed and lots going on. If anyone has anything that needs attention can email or direct 3023537649 smileforsomechange@gmail.com

Saw the same type of message from another buyer before when people were not getting paid or no update. It is the buyer's responsibility to contact people he has made deals with or received coins from to keep them informed or pay.

Totally disagree. My responsibility to ship coins it is not my responsibility to beg for money owed me.

your comment is totally agreeing with what is said.

Seller shipped coins and no payment or explanation as to why payment is delayed from buyer. You are correct as other posters and myself has said the seller should not have to beg for his money .
    Coin Flip has the responsibility to pay on a timely basis or provide a reasonable reason for delay

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

I received 2 emails from Coinflip that contained:

Tue, Aug 24, 12:43 PM

Regarding the 2021 ASE W we are done buying those coins and need to know if there are any outstanding shipments from the mint or to us.we are trying to get this closed out.

Sun, Sep 12, 11:25 AM

Thankyou for the previous mint releases. We are finishing up on those programs. If you have not closed out a buy with the Golds, ASE W or S coins, please let us know so we can get the payouts.
    thankyou

Coinflip has always been responsive to my inquiries. No problems with a handful of sales to him.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    My bad....I’m old.

I am old as well. I have recently been diagnosed with "CRS"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@JimTyler said:
    My bad....I’m old.

I am old as well. I have recently been diagnosed with "CRS"

I also have CRS (Can't Remember Stuff). :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    dlmtortsdlmtorts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

As you age, CRS accelerates to CRAFT.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    My bad....I’m old.

Me too and I seem to be fascinated with the saying “there is no fool like an old fool 😂”
    I’ll be danged if I don’t find myself testing it 2-3 times a week. It’s all good buddy 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file