Home Sports Talk

How would Lebron have done in the NFL?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 28, 2021 2:47AM in Sports Talk

Lebron was in the Manning broadcast for MNF last night and had this to say:

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless someone effectively steers this into a different topic, this will be my last comment on this thread. 😂

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Unless someone effectively steers this into a different topic, this will be my last comment on this thread. 😂

No sir, now listen here, Lebron James demands that everyone talk about how great he would have been in the NFL, don't you dare leave this thread!

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭✭

Did he play FB all his life? high school even ??

My guess is not very good. Physical attributes are only part of the game.

What would be the precedent? Bob Hayes

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, here we go. from enduring many LeBron games, he does not come across as a tough or hard nose player. He is constantly whining to refs and flopping. while he has good straight line speed, I dont see a lot of fast side to side movement out of him.

with his size, He would almost have to be a TE on offense or a LB on defense. He is awfully thin through the middle so he would need to add some bulk through his core to endure the contact. if he added 20-25 LBs, it would certainly decrease his speed/agility.

while he is big for the NBA, at his height, he is slender for the NFL. I do not see him being an effective blocker on the line if he were a TE. I do not see him as having enough speed, not to mention we have no idea about his hands, to be a WR.

He would need to completely redesign his body for the NFL. he is built for endurance as it is now. in the NFL, he would need to train for 50-65 short quick bursts. after he retrained his body for a different sport, we really have no idea what he would look like. after bulking would he have enough speed left to be effective? does he have the mental grit to endure an NFL season? does he have hands to catch the ball? would he fight for contested balls in the end zone, or flop and look for a call?

I say he wouldnt have made it in the league

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I can say is that I’m glad he is not there. I follow football; pro basketball interests me less that soccer, which translates to less than nothing. One more kneeler in football is one too many.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • You really want to know ... Horrible!!! He's a sissy.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure it would be great if he brought this level of toughness to the NFL. :D:D:D

^^^^^^^ That is exactly what i was talking about. can you imagine him fighting for a pass in the end zone?!?!?

he would fall down and look for the PI

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

two things are consistent at the PCGS Sports forum: the same members who absolutely adore Tom Brady absolutely despise Lebron James.

so it is written, so let it be done.

What is this, Lebron leaves for a few hours to take a nap and comes back and this is what is being said about him? Now look, Lebron doesn't want any arguments, he is the greatest NFL player that has ever lived and he will not hear otherwise, you people better get it together!

Lebron says he most certainly is capable of running routes in the NFL, he's very gifted athletically. You want proof, just look at him getting jiggy with it!

@doubledragon said:
    Lebron says he most certainly is capable of running routes in the NFL, he's very gifted athletically. You want proof, just look at him getting jiggy with it!

oh my gosh. and now, I will no longer be able to eat today.

thanks DD!!!!!

Lebron might be one of the most physically gifted athletes in sports history capable of dominating on the basketball court at any given moment yet he tends do that type of BS above every chance he gets and Its actually pretty sad when you think about. The guy is a legit candidate in the GOAT debate yet if the defender's hand brushes the hairs on his chins he'll end up 5ft away laying on the court like he just got shot lol. WTF IS THAT CRAP?!?!?
    When healthy the guy is good for 30/10/10 everytime he steps on the court but its this petty shiat that everyone but Lebronsexuals remember the most. Then when he's whining about not getting the respect he deserves because someone else got voted MVP over him...just shut up already you pampered flopping fool.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDKH2d32Wfs
    :D:D:D:D:D

And my favorite one of all. The courage he he displayed after he picked himself up 10mins later then continued to play should be an inspiration to us all. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Ee2YRHjnk
    :D:D:D:D:D

^^^^^ Bwaaaaahaaaahaaaaahaaaaa

oh my goodness. so soft.

I take it all back. LeBron could make it in the NFL. as the holder for field goals. he would be perfect. those long arms to catch the ball. The breeze generated from the opposing players trying to block FG could knock LeBron over and they would get called for unnecessary roughness. 15 yard penalty, automatic first down. he could be such a vital cog to the special teams machine!

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

oh my gosh. and now, I will no longer be able to eat today.

thanks DD!!!!!

Bon appetit!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Lebron might be one of the most physically gifted athletes in sports history capable of dominating on the basketball court at any given moment yet he tends do that type of BS above every chance he gets and Its actually pretty sad when you think about. The guy is a legit candidate in the GOAT debate yet if the defender's hand brushes the hairs on his chins he'll end up 5ft away laying on the court like he just got shot lol. WTF IS THAT CRAP?!?!?
    When healthy the guy is good for 30/10/10 everytime he steps on the court but its this petty shiat that everyone but Lebronsexuals remember the most. Then when he's whining about not getting the respect he deserves because someone else got voted MVP over him...just shut up already you pampered flopping fool.

@keets said:
    two things are consistent at the PCGS Sports forum: the same members who absolutely adore Tom Brady absolutely despise Lebron James.

James is so good physically and mentally at the game that you could see where his size and skill set would possibly translate. But his flopping goes against what he wants to be (the greatest). And there are other attributes which keep him from being the GOAT. @keets you say that as though we are, as the saying goes, talking out both sides of our mouths . Brady and James, when compared and contrasted, exemplify very different qualities. This is not necessarily apparent to everyone, but in my opinion is true.

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@keets said:

James is so good physically and mentally at the game that you could see where his size and skill set would possibly translate. But his flopping goes against what he wants to be (the greatest). And there are other attributes which keep him from being the GOAT. @keets you say that as though we are, as the saying goes, talking out both sides of our mouths . Brady and James, when compared and contrasted, exemplify very different qualities. This is not necessarily apparent to everyone, but in my opinion is true.

The thing that gets me the most is we all know Lebron is great yet he still needs to ham it up for attention. Like back when LA played GS in the play-in tournament and Draymond poked him in the eye on a dunk attempt and the game was stopped for about 10 actual mins before he shot his FTs. Then about a minute later on the game clock he hits a go ahead three as the shot clock was about to expire and when asked about the shot after the game, he says he saw three baskets and aimed for the middle one...Cmon man LOL. :D

I feel not an ounce of cognitive dissonance loving tommy and hating lebaby

I don't really care for Stephen A. Smith, but he makes a pretty good argument in this video.

@craig44 said:

It was just a lame attempt to deflect the overall topic of this thread and our opinions on how Lebron would do in the NFL. Because of it, I really think we need another thread about how great Tommy is. ;)
    Do you want to post it or should I? B)

edited September 28, 2021 11:16AM

@erikthredd said:

@craig44 said:

It was just a lame attempt to deflect the overall topic of this thread and our opinions on how Lebron would do in the NFL. Because of it, I really think we need another thread about how great Tommy is. ;)

If I werent in the Pokey, I would have
    posted 4 or 5 this week already. will have to be you to make the post till I am out and on the loose again!!

@craig44 said:

@erikthredd said:

@craig44 said:

posted 4 or 5 this week already. will have to be you to make the post till I am out and on the loose again!!

Whatchu in for?

@erikthredd said:
    I’m sure it would be great if he brought this level of toughness to the NFL. :D:D:D

Forget going to the NFL, he looks like he just needs a helmet with face guard & chinstrap to keep playing in the NBA. :p

Well, I hope you're all very happy, now he's crying.

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭

Lebron was an all state wide receiver in high school and was recruited by the major college programs. He is much faster and athletic than you all are giving him credit for. I think he would have had a much more difficult path as an NFL player but he absolutely had the athleticism to play TE or WR in the NFL.

NBA players flop all the time, it is something they are taught. It's garbage but until refs swallow the whistle it will continue to happen.

Robb

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the NFL shown in China? Then no thank you.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr James has a big mouth. He absolutely would be targeted in the NFL. No matter what his talent level, say goodbye to your knees Mr Congeniality.

Have a nice day
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2021 4:28PM

(How would Lebron have done in the NFL?

About as well as Manziel did...........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@erikthredd said:

@craig44 said:

@erikthredd said:

@craig44 said:

Whatchu in for?

me and another member got a little chippy with each other last week. I am officially in time out till October 7. can comment, cannot post new topics

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

lets just say he woulda done a lot worse at football than mj did at baseball. a whole lot.