Home Precious Metals

Hide your kids. Hide your wives.

Comments

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's sad... that some of the institutions that we once admired and looked up to, appear to have gone rogue in too many situations.

And certainly... don't use rubber bands to hold your cash together! A tell-tale sign of drug connections and illegal business!!

----- kj

I've often wondered... if a person is traveling in a car to a coin show, with a fair amount of cash for expected purchases...

....if stopped by law enforcement, would that cash be seized as 'suspicious' ? Any stories out there?

----- kj
  • Scary.......

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

So....why didnt this couple keep a box at a bank? Hmmmmm.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe go after the $100's Billions in fraud PPP and EDD money . 97 EDD checks sent to one address every 2 weeks.
    No one checks. Our system based on the honor system doesn't work anymore.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly not a common occurrence, but for those involved, it was horrific. I trust my own security, and I do not break laws. Cheers, RickO

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Certainly not a common occurrence, but for those involved, it was horrific. I trust my own security, and I do not break laws. Cheers, RickO

Several of those who stored valuables in that place broke no laws either. It's that forfeiture clause that gets your goods.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin ... And that is one of a few reasons I do not have an SDB. Cheers, RickO

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    It's sad... that some of the institutions that we once admired and looked up to, appear to have gone rogue in too many situations.

And certainly... don't use rubber bands to hold your cash together! A tell-tale sign of drug connections and illegal business!!

Alphabet agencies have always been rogue, its just become impossible for any rational person to think the FBI/NSA/CIA/ATF/DEA are here to protect American citizens or the US constitution these days. They're here to protect government institutions, corporations, political donors and their own jobs.

As stated in the article: "And even though U.S. Private Vaults was indicted in February on charges of conspiring with unnamed customers to sell drugs and launder money, no one has been charged." Why am I not surprised no one has been charged???

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing is yours anymore by there accounts 🤫

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

😭 !!!

Timbuk3
  • vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrible.

Seems to be the new norm - Guilty unless proven otherwise.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    I've often wondered... if a person is traveling in a car to a coin show, with a fair amount of cash for expected purchases...

....if stopped by law enforcement, would that cash be seized as 'suspicious' ? Any stories out there?

WHY would you consent to a search of your vehicle???
    Especially for a traffic stop.

@rte592 said:

@tincup said:

If consent is not granted... then likely the patrolman would hold you there until paperwork is received? (there are plenty of co-operative judges). After all, the mere fact that you would not consent to having car searched... is a sign you are hiding something, so therefore grounds to get the paperwork. Not saying that is how it should be; but given these upside down times, anything is possible.

----- kj
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

@rte592 said:

@tincup said:

If consent is not granted... then likely the patrolman would hold you there until paperwork is received? (there are plenty of co-operative judges). After all, the mere fact that you would not consent to having car searched... is a sign you are hiding something, so therefore grounds to get the paperwork. Not saying that is how it should be; but given these upside down times, anything is possible.

I thought "probable cause" was required for a search but these days anything is possible.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome to the ussr :(