Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grades Revealed-Four Franklin Half Dollars - GTG

pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 25, 2021 11:46AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Nothing extra special here but I like doing these. Hopefully the pictures aren’t too lacking. Whether or not you get the FBL is excusable since the resolution might be lacking for a determination.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Franklins. I always liked the Franklin half dollar (not as much as the WLH though). He was certainly a great man in the history of our country. I do have a set - nothing special, just the date run. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Nice Franklins. I always liked the Franklin half dollar (not as much as the WLH though). He was certainly a great man in the history of our country. I do have a set - nothing special, just the date run. Cheers, RickO

We very well may not have won the Revolutionary War without his efforts to raise funding and support for fighting it in Europe. Brilliant man and quite a character.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

63, 63, 64 and too blurry

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Young Numismatist

• Options

64 FBL
    64FBL
    65FBL

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

64 Full
    ??

• Options

Number 4 (the last coin) is tough to grade due to the photograph. The photograph appears to be blurry but the blurry appearance is actually a byproduct of an unusual pattern of toning. That coin is graded by NGC MS-64.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

65+
    ?

• Options

Here are the grades:

1948-D PCGS MS-64FBL
    1953-D PCGS MS-64FBL
    1954-D PCGS MS-65FBL

And as mentioned the blurry 1949-S is NGC MS-64

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file