Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Did the Registry just improve the Image gallery format or did i make a setting change?

I just view my set registry in the Gallery (Image) mode and I discovered that all images (whether PCGS TrueView or your own uploaded pic's) are now shown in the proper sequential order ... which is wonderful.
Prior to my discovery today .. previously my uploaded images were displayed in the gallery view at the end of the line behind the TRUEVIEW images so in the case where I do not have a true view they showed up out of sequence in the image gallery - at least on my sets they displayed that way

If this was change made by the Registry ... hats off to you -for a nice improvement

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2021 11:25AM

As for me, I like having a True View image attached as part of the PCGS #. In the Registry, however, I don't like it always being in the first slot and unselectable for removal or repositioning. The True View should be at the end and not forced to be in the primary first position. Because the TV is forced in the first position of images, I scroll through my collection and the fluidity of looking at images is always disrupted with a True View image - when it would be better to have an obverse image only in the first position. So if you are stating that has been corrected, that would be great!

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    retirednowretirednow Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:
    . So if you are stating that has been corrected, that would be great!

No that is not the case ..in my case I like the TV as I like looking at OBV and REV side by side, My comment was if one did not have a TV image and only your own image the entire slot was at the end when viewing in gallery mode. ... in the case of Shield Nickels set an 1867 without a TV but with only a client inserted photo would be displayed at the end of the gallery view after all the TV were shown - thus out of date sequence ... so that is fixed now . It would be nice if the customer wish to show their own photo 1st and only their photo they could switch off the TV . But I think the photo album can give similar results but need more effort by the collector.

In any case I am ok with the current fix and I guess as time goes on they can build in more flexibility