Home Sports Talk

We’re getting pretty close to possibly seeing a major milestone when the Bucs come to NE

erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 19, 2021 3:20PM in Sports Talk

As of right now,with roughly eight minutes left in the 3rd quarter of the TB-ATL game, Tom Brady needs 566 passing yards to pass Drew Brees for most all time. We might realistically see him break that record on week 4 when the Bucs come to NE. There’s still a good amount of time left in today’s game and the Bucs play the Rams next week but it would be pretty sweet to see him pass Brees at Gillette stadium.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't wait to see that game, it's going to be like the Super Bowl, Brady returns.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't wait for the Rams/ Bucs next week. I've had several consultations with my psychotherapist in anticipation. Deep hypnosis and heavy doses of anti anxiety medication so far. I'm so conflicted! I've been advised to enter the stadium AFTER kickoff and to leave IMMEDIATELY if I feel any discomfort.......Oh.....Rams?....Brady?.....Rams?.....Brady?....my mind is in a whirl!!! Who do I want to win????😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t double checked yet but he’s roughly about 500 yards away from Brees. He’s also had a great start to the season with 9 td passes after two weeks,Gronk too with 4 in two games. I can’t wait for this game.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure any Patriots fan is looking forward to playing the Bucs, Tom Brady or not. The Bills play them and I can wait. Lol.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    edited September 19, 2021 6:23PM

@2dueces said:
    I’m not sure any Patriots fan is looking forward to playing the Bucs, Tom Brady or not. The Bills play them and I can wait. Lol.

I may be in the minority but I’m absolutely looking forward to a Brady/Belichick chess match. To me this game goes beyond just rooting for NE to win, aside from seeing major injuries or the game ending in a tie, i’d probably be ok with any outcome.
    Like DD says above this game will have a SB-esque atmosphere and I just hope it lives up to it.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

just 2 more weeks.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

I may be in the minority but I’m absolutely looking forward to a Brady/Belichick chess match. To me this game goes beyond just rooting for NE to win, aside from seeing major injuries or the game ending in a tie, i’d probably be ok with any outcome.
    Like DD says above this game will have a SB-esque atmosphere and I just hope it lives up to it.

Yes, any outcome, barring major injuries, should be ok I understand what you are saying. And there is so much wrapped up in this for Patriots fans and fans of Brady. It feels perfectly timed, that this game should occur right now, to let us just bask in the moment and appreciate all that came before. I can't speak for all Patriots fans, of course, but for me that is how it feels.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭

I will always want Brady to win unless the Buks are having a terrible season as loyal as I have been to the Patriots since they were founded. Sorry folks but I like Brady more than the bPatriots coach!

I said I'm ok with any any outcome barring major injuries, and I'd like to clarify what I meant by that. I meant that I will enjoy this game, Brady's return, no matter what happens. But I still want a Pats victory.

Brady goes into today’s Rams game needing exactly 500 passing yards to pass Brees, I don’t think he gets it against a really good Rams defense.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Brady goes into today’s Rams game needing exactly 500 passing yards to pass Brees, I don’t think he gets it against a really good Rams defense.

Anything is possible with him, he absolutely could go out today and do something stupid like throw for 500 yards but it’s unlikely and I hope it happens in New England next week, it will be fitting to get that in front of New England fans who love him

Oh and also Big Bill ( with a nice middle finger neatly packaged in. )

edited September 26, 2021 9:51AM

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Anything is possible with him, he absolutely could go out today and do something stupid like throw for 500 yards but it’s unlikely and I hope it happens in New England next week, it will be fitting to get that in front of New England fans who love him

Oh and also Big Bill ( with a nice middle finger neatly packaged in.)

This would be absolutely epic. The Bucs win,Brady throws 5 tds while passing Brees then when he’s halfway towards Belichick for the post game handshake he tosses up the middle finger salute before heading over to greet some of his former teammates instead.
    Then the following day Tom turns that clip into an NFT and makes a small fortune off of selling it lol. >:)

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

This would be absolutely epic. The Bucs win,Brady throws 5 tds while passing Brees then when he’s halfway towards Belichick for the post game handshake he tosses up the middle finger salute before heading over to greet some of his former teammates instead.
    Then the following day Tom turns that clip into an NFT and makes a small fortune off of selling it lol. >:)

Love it!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Just for the one in a hundred bajillion chance that this ever happens, I’m calling Forever Dibs now just so I own any future avatar rights. B)

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Just for the one in a hundred bajillion chance that this ever happens, I’m calling Forever Dibs now just so I own any future avatar rights. B)

You got that!!!!!

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

As an old Patriots fan and a new Bucks fan, it now comes down to which team needs the more for me. The way the Patriots are playing, they will probably be getting an early trip to their January vacation this year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

He’s roughly about 70 passing yards away from Brees so we should see him pass him somewhat early in next week’s game. It was also great seeing Gronk come back into the game after that rib shot he took. Seeing him laid out on the ground like that brought back some serious deja vu.

@erikthredd said:
    He’s roughly about 70 passing yards away from Brees so we should see him pass him somewhat early in next week’s game. It was also great seeing Gronk come back into the game after that rib shot he took. Seeing him laid out on the ground like that brought back some serious deja vu.

He didn't look ok when he came back. I'm glad he was able to, but it probably would have been better to sit it out.

I agree, that hit was brutal. I sure didnt expect him to be back in game. I was afraid it knocked something loose in his back. he has had so many back issues. glad it seems that isnt what happened.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone in New England is looking forward to this matchup. Brady coming back after winning a 7th ring.
    I can’t even predict this game. Will Brady be so hyped it takes a couple series to settle in. BB runs a ball control offense to shorten the game. If the Pats can limit the turnovers it could be low scoring and if it’s within a TD in the 4th anything can happen.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

I think Brady is going to realize how big this moment is and he's going to play outstanding, I see the Bucs winning this game by at least two touchdowns.

@2dueces said:
    Everyone in New England is looking forward to this matchup. Brady coming back after winning a 7th ring.
    I can’t even predict this game. Will Brady be so hyped it takes a couple series to settle in. BB runs a ball control offense to shorten the game. If the Pats can limit the turnovers it could be low scoring and if it’s within a TD in the 4th anything can happen.

I agree that anything could happen in this game. The obvious would be the Bucs win going away, even with a less than stellar defense. But anything could happen. Watching Brady all of these years, he can sometimes take a while to get going in the biggest games for whatever reason. And Belichick could, as you said, shorten the game. It will be interesting for sure.

@2dueces said:

Brady will hang at least 35 points on us. I also think he will be throwing the ball downfield on 1st and 2nd down late in the 4th quarter while up by 21 or so points.

Talking to buddy at the gym yesterday and he seems to think it’s going to be a close game, when I looked at him with a perplexing look on my face and asked why he says because Big Bill knows him so well and same with McDaniels. I thought about it for a second and then went back to “Brady is too smart” 35-17 Bucs is my guess and I’m sticking with it

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Belichick might know Brady, but he’s got to have the guys on the field to execute the defenses. I don’t thing he’s got them.

Conversely, the Bucks’ biggest weakness is pass defense. If the Patriots are going to win, they will have to exploit that. This rookie quarterback has not shown me that much. He will need to have a breakout game to win.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    Belichick might know Brady, but he’s got to have the guys on the field to execute the defenses. I don’t thing he’s got them.

Conversely, the Bucks’ biggest weakness is pass defense. If the Patriots are going to win, they will have to exploit that. This rookie quarterback has not shown me that much. He will need to have a breakout game to win.

Agreed. If Mac can’t get the ball downfield and I mean like north of 20 yards he might need to revisit practice. I’m rooting for him though

this will be a very hard game for the patriots to win.

I can't wait for this game tonight, this is going to be epic, Brady returns to the place it all started, this almost has a Super Bowl Sunday feeling to it.

edited October 3, 2021 8:46AM

@doubledragon said:
    I can't wait for this game tonight, this is going to be epic, Brady returns to the place it all started, this almost has a Super Bowl Sunday feeling to it.

Regardless of who wins or loses,we’ll always feel like there was something missing after this game just because we never found out who Mike Vrabel really picked to win. ;)

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Regardless of who wins or loses,we’ll always feel like there was something missing after this game just because we never found out who Mike Vrabel really picked to win. ;)

More like something missing from my life, Vrabel's opinion on this game is all that mattered to me, he let me down, he let us down, how do I go on? If I live to be 100, I'll never forget the time that Mike Vrabel walked out of that press conference and refused to give us his opinion on this game.

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

More like something missing from my life, Vrabel's opinion on this game is all that mattered to me, he let me down, he let us down, how do I go on? If I live to be 100, I'll never forget the time that Mike Vrabel walked out of that press conference and refused to give us his opinion on this game.

On a side note during my brief stint a few years back at trying to obtain through the mail autographs of current/former NE players,Mike Vrabel was one the only people who signed everything I sent him then sent them back(2cards the first time then 1 more later on.) Belichick and former Pats kicker Stephen Gostkowski were the others.

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

On a side note during my brief stint a few years back at trying to obtain through the mail autographs of current/former NE players,Mike Vrabel was one the only people who signed everything I sent him then sent them back(2cards the first time then 1 more later on.) Belichick and former Pats kicker Stephen Gostkowski were the others.

Vrabel and Belichick actually sent them back, damn, that is a bit of a surprise. I guess they're different when they deal with the media.

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Vrabel and Belichick actually sent them back, damn, that is a bit of a surprise. I guess they're different when they deal with the media.

I don’t know if it was BB or his receptionist but they butchered the card by using a paper clip to attach it to the letter they send back with all autograph requests. He actually signed the letter too but I sold that on eBay to someone that was using it on a custom cutout auto card.

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

I don’t know if it was BB or his receptionist but they butchered the card by using a paper clip to attach it to the letter they send back with all autograph requests. He actually signed the letter too but I sold that on eBay to someone that was using it on a custom cutout auto card.

Cool autograph, but man that sucks about the paper clip, it was probably his receptionist, I think Bill would understand about the hobby and condition of cards. ;)

The Look hub> @doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Cool autograph, but man that sucks about the paper clip, it was probably his receptionist, I think Bill would understand about the hobby and condition of cards. ;)

I don’t know if it’s true or not but I’ve read comments years ago from two different people on card forums saying that they both sold some older football cards to Belichick on eBay. I bet he secretly collects Tom Brady cards. B)

That is a cool Hoodie card

@erikthredd said:
    The Look hub> @doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

I don’t know if it’s true or not but I’ve read comments years ago from two different people on card forums saying that they both sold some older football cards to Belichick on eBay. I bet he secretly collects Tom Brady cards. B)

Of course he collects Brady, I wonder if he has any 1/1s? 🤔

@perkdog said:
    That is a cool Hoodie card

It was a custom card I found on eBay.

Who knew that I would spend more time creating this thread than the NFL,Patriots and Bucs would spend celebrating Brady breaking this record lol.