Home Sports Talk
Options

Forbes list of highest paid NFL players for 2021

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the list of the highest paid NFL players for 2021.

Who is the NFL's highest paid player? Four star quarterbacks top Forbes list of NFL earners

Dak Prescott's new contract with the Dallas Cowboys paid him a jaw-dropping $66 million signing bonus.
Quarterback is the most important position on the football field. It's also an extremely lucrative position off the field as well.

According to Forbes' latest ranking of the highest-paid NFL players, a pair of star quarterbacks stand head and shoulders above everyone else in the league.

Dak Prescott of the Dallas Cowboys ranks at the top of the list, thanks in large part to the new four-year, $160 million contract he signed in the offseason that pays him an NFL-record $66 million signing bonus. Adding his on-field earnings to his $12 million in endorsements (Jordan brand, NFT platform Ethernity, among others) gives Prescott a pretax total of $87 million.

In second place is seven-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who hauled in a massive $45 million in endorsements (Subway, Fanatics, FTX) and a total of $72.5 million overall.

In all, seven of the top 10 highest-earning NFL players are quarterbacks, according to Forbes.

Patrick Mahomes ($44.8 million) of the Kansas City Chiefs and Aaron Rodgers ($33.4 million) of the Green Bay Packers rank third and fourth, followed by San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Trent Williams ($33.3 million) rounding out the top five.

1. Dak Prescott, QB, Cowboys ($87M)

2. Tom Brady, QB, Buccaneers ($72.5M)

3. Patrick Mahomes, QB, Chiefs ($44.8M)

4. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers ($33.4M)

5. Trent Williams, OL, 49ers ($33.3M)

6. Jonathan Allen, DT, Washington ($31.2M)

7. Russell Wilson, QB, Seahawks ($31M)

8. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jaguars ($30.8M)

9. Jared Goff, QB, Rams ($27.7M)

10. Leonard Williams, DL, Giants ($26.2M)

Comments

• Options

I wonder what Steve would think about this list?

• Options

Steve are you there?

• Options

Steve?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

We definitely need Steve back

• Options

@perkdog said:

Agreed, I thought he might be back for the NFL season, especially after the Eagles beat the Falcons, but nope, he must really be mad, I don't know if he'll ever be back.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:

I think he put himself on double secret probation 😂😂😂

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does that pic look like it has Trevor in a left handed throwing stance?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess Rogers doesn’t get that much money for throwing the football for the dog to retrieve.

Many more weeks like the first one of the season, and Rogers will be the most overpaid on that list.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Am I correct in recalling someone say that he disappeared in the past only to reappear? If so, that means there i still hope.

• Options
    edited September 16, 2021 8:31AM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Am I correct in recalling someone say that he disappeared in the past only to reappear? If so, that means there i still hope.

Yes, you are correct, but he didn't reappear for 2 years, and when he did reappear he had developed a british accent!