Options

Coin News PR: "2021 Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle Two-Coin Set Launch"

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's crunch time for the Mint again.

2021 Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle Two-Coin Set Launch

By
Darrin Lee Unser -
September 13, 2021

Anticipated by many, once delayed, and likely not available for long, the United States Mint’s 2021 Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle Two-Coin Set goes on sale today beginning at Noon ET.

U.S. Mint images of their 2021 S&W Reverse Proof American Silver Eagles

Officially named the "2021 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition," the collectible is is expected to be one of the most popular U.S. Mint products released this year because it contains a West Point Mint-struck 2021-W American Silver Eagle with the original or classic design (Type 1) and a San Francisco Mint-struck 2021-S American Silver Eagle with the new design (Type 2).

Sweetening the pot, the pair are in a brilliant reverse proof finish which showcases polished, mirror-like design elements that attractively contrast against frosted backgrounds. Further, the set’s mintage/product limit is capped at 125,000. This instantly makes both coins key issues in the entire American Silver Eagle series.

Initially, the two-coin set was scheduled for a release on Aug. 24. A few days before the 24th, however, the Mint pushed the release back just shy of three weeks to land on a less-typical release day of Monday (today).

Those interested in the set should be proactive. Recommendations include making sure your account with the U.S. Mint is up-to-date with a valid credit card, and logging in several minutes before its launch to be prepared. Anyone who has attempted to purchase a popular Mint release can attest that both patience and frustration will be part of the equation. The Mint has taken steps to alleviate past issues, but demand for this product is expected to still strain the Mint’s website. In some good news, orders are limited to one set per household for the first 24 hours of sales. This restriction will help more people get one.

Continues in link.

https://www.coinnews.net/2021/09/13/2021-reverse-proof-american-silver-eagle-two-coin-set-launch/

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was not going to try for this one.... Now, as it approaches availability, I am wavering.... Maybe.... will decide as deadline nears. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I was not going to try for this one.... Now, as it approaches availability, I am wavering.... Maybe.... will decide as deadline nears. Cheers, RickO

If you’re not sure just order slow

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler... :D Still laughing at that one..... Ordering will be slow for sure.... If past sales are any indication. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:

Man, talk about going down to the wire ;)

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint website kicked me off after I had put the item in the cart.

I thought after the last fiasco that the Mint promised to fix their website. You know, we got another apology out of that one.

I'm done with them.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

Must be the new mint strategy to avoid a fast sellout! :D

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    It's crunch time for the Mint again.

2021 Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle Two-Coin Set Launch

By
    Darrin Lee Unser -
    September 13, 2021

Anticipated by many, once delayed, and likely not available for long, the United States Mint’s 2021 Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle Two-Coin Set goes on sale today beginning at Noon ET.

U.S. Mint images of their 2021 S&W Reverse Proof American Silver Eagles

Officially named the "2021 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition," the collectible is is expected to be one of the most popular U.S. Mint products released this year because it contains a West Point Mint-struck 2021-W American Silver Eagle with the original or classic design (Type 1) and a San Francisco Mint-struck 2021-S American Silver Eagle with the new design (Type 2).

Sweetening the pot, the pair are in a brilliant reverse proof finish which showcases polished, mirror-like design elements that attractively contrast against frosted backgrounds. Further, the set’s mintage/product limit is capped at 125,000. This instantly makes both coins key issues in the entire American Silver Eagle series.

Initially, the two-coin set was scheduled for a release on Aug. 24. A few days before the 24th, however, the Mint pushed the release back just shy of three weeks to land on a less-typical release day of Monday (today).

Those interested in the set should be proactive. Recommendations include making sure your account with the U.S. Mint is up-to-date with a valid credit card, and logging in several minutes before its launch to be prepared. Anyone who has attempted to purchase a popular Mint release can attest that both patience and frustration will be part of the equation. The Mint has taken steps to alleviate past issues, but demand for this product is expected to still strain the Mint’s website. In some good news, orders are limited to one set per household for the first 24 hours of sales. This restriction will help more people get one.

Continues in link.

https://www.coinnews.net/2021/09/13/2021-reverse-proof-american-silver-eagle-two-coin-set-launch/

" Further, the set’s mintage/product limit is capped at 125,000. This instantly makes both coins key issues in the entire American Silver Eagle series"

Can someone tell me how these become key dates?

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keys are: 2019 s erp, 1995 w proof, and the v75. The 2008 rev 2007 is in the mix but not a proof so depends what you are collecting. One of the coin Greybeards will correct me if I missed any.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Keys are: 2019 s erp, 1995 w proof, and the v75. The 2008 rev 2007 is in the mix but not a proof so depends what you are collecting. One of the coin Greybeards will correct me if I missed any.

I guess the article states "key issues" not meaning key dates. The 2021 set will be a lower mintage issue, I'm assuming that's what they meant.

• Options

How many more 70's of this will be available compared to 70's from 1986? That is really the question. Also, how many compared to future issues, to determine number of all 70 sets available. That type of condition rarity is rarely discussed for some reason.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file