Home Sports Talk
Options

Swami NFL Season Predictions.

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s final here! I know you’ve been on pins and needles. I well I won’t disappoint you any longer. The draft is over, preseason in the mirror and the final cuts have been announced. The Swami has broke out the abacus, the luck rabbits foot and thrown salt over my left shoulder 3 times. Let us begin with Super Bowl odds and wagers.
All will be my customary $100

NFL Super Bowl Odds

Bills +1300
49ers +1400
Rams +1400
WFT +6000

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options

Next up season win totals.
    Again $100

NFLFutures Wins

Carolina over 7.5
    Buffalo over 10.5.
    Browns over 10
    Rams over 10.5
    Seattle under 10.
    Cincinnati under 6.5

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Finally best odds week 1
    Tennessee-2.5
    Minnesota-3.5

Tennessee looks like a monster to me in week 1 and I’m going to throw a little
    Tampa Bay-7.5 because it’s opening day.

Good luck this season all.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Swami, I just want you to know that if you bet on the Panthers this season you are taking a risk, they have a way of disappointing their fans. Consider yourself warned!

• Options
    edited September 3, 2021 4:08AM

I always start the season optimistic and happy about the Panthers, but by the end of the season, there's only madness.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice picks and good luck Joe!

• Options

Stay away from the Panthers Swami, unless you want to be driven to...........insanity!

• Options

@doubledragon The C note on Sam Darnold is etched in stone. No refunds, no take backs, no oops. I was really tempted to throw a G on Sam Darnold to win the MVP. The day after the announcement I would be MIA , sipped a drink with an umbrella in the French Rivera.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon The C note on Sam Darnold is etched in stone. No refunds, no take backs, no oops. I was really tempted to throw a G on Sam Darnold to win the MVP. The day after the announcement I would be MIA , sipped a drink with an umbrella in the French Rivera.

• Options

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon The Swami says you are going at least 8-9. How does that make you feel?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon The Swami says you are going at least 8-9. How does that make you feel?

If they miss the playoffs again.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

If they miss the playoffs again.

Sam Darnold for MVP and division winner. All they have to do is beat Tampa Bay twice. No worries.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Look at it this way @doubledragon The Panthers are currently undefeated and in 2nd place in the division ahead the Saints and Bucs. Alphabetical that is.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I got several hundred dollars worth of parlays going on, if Tampa loses to Dallas they are all trash 😂😂😂

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I got several hundred dollars worth of parlays going on, if Tampa loses to Dallas they are all trash 😂😂😂

If Tampa loses to Dallas, that would start the season in a crazy way.

• Options
    edited September 6, 2021 12:12PM

I’m liking a few more things.
    Rams -7.5
    I have serious doubts about the Bears and Andy Dalton starting the season. The Bears were 1-8 against teams with winning records last year. Do the Bears think they improved at QB from Trubisky to Dalton?
    Stafford will score enough to cover by double digits.

Packers -4
    Again, serious doubts about the Saints receivers w/o Michael Thomas. It’s a who’s who? Who? They have QB that can throw over the top, and no one to throw to. The Packers made the championship game last year and will win going away.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2021 5:07PM

After dumping a teaser on the Bucs, line moved killed me but back to even on @Publius Ducks I’m taking a huge swing to either start the year smoking cigars or digging myself out of a huge ditch. Only one on the early games. Henry, AJ Brown and Julio Jones at home again a team that limped to the end last year. I see no change. jJ Watt will not make up for their young secondary and coaching.
    I’m dropping a dollar on Tennessee-3

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Doh! So far dogs are 9-5 opening weekend

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

It was a crazy first week.
    Do you ( or anyone) happen to know if dogs usually do better early in the season?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

It was a crazy first week.
    Do you ( or anyone) happen to know if dogs usually do better early in the season?

Not sure the stat but dogs covering built a lot of hotel in Vegas

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Well my “Locks” were a joke, the Bills let me off easy though since they were a 1 game and destroyed all my parlays which included the Packers. @2dueces I think the Bills lack of WR’s is going to be an issue. To the tune of they are not a contender in my opinion, they will we n the division but I highly doubt a strong Super Bowl run. I had Tennessee in a couple parlays, my other teams I was very strong about were KC, and the Chargers

• Options

Another dog easily covered last night. I don’t usually wager on a Buffalo team but I’m looking at the lock of the week. Buffalo will come out angry against Miami this week. Nothing Miami did changes my opinion of Tua or their defense. If they can’t get turn overs it’ll be a long season for them. Time to be a homer.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Besides the Bills how about some 2 team teasers with home dogs? Until the dogs covering trend ends I’m going to ride it. My picks will be in tomorrow

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I had a few nice hits. Buffalo my biggest play was nice. A few small teasers and a loss with KC last night.
    Still in the hole a bit because of Tennessee but I’m digging out.
    I have the over 48 tonight GB-Detroit.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    I had a few nice hits. Buffalo my biggest play was nice. A few small teasers and a loss with KC last night.
    Still in the hole a bit because of Tennessee but I’m digging out.
    I have the over 48 tonight GB-Detroit.

Over 48 tonight sounds good!

• Options

I hate fishy lines. Something doesn’t smell right. Raiders at home -3 vs Miami. I would have thought it would open around 6.
    I’m taking this as a lock of the week on Tuesday. 🐠 🎣 🐟

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    I hate fishy lines. Something doesn’t smell right. Raiders at home -3 vs Miami. I would have thought it would open around 6.

Just an addendum. Vegas gives 3 points for home field advantage. So they’re saying Miami, lost 35-0 and on a second string QB are equal? Don’t be shy, comments welcome.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@2dueces said:

Just an addendum. Vegas gives 3 points for home field advantage. So they’re saying Miami, lost 35-0 and on a second string QB are equal? Don’t be shy, comments welcome.

Before I read your second comment, I was going to say the same thing. Home field is 3 points. So home -3 means they are setting it it as equal.

• Options

I can’t take the Panthers tonight giving over a TD, even though the Texans are starting a 3rd string QB. The Texans game plan will be run the ball, chew up the clock and hope to get into 3 and short for swing passes or quick slants. Panthers do look good but they’ve faced two teams without a running game. I think the game will be shortened and the Texans game plan works but not quite well enough to win. I’m not a fan of teasers but.
    2 team teaser for 100
    Panthers-1.5
    Under 49.5

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I was wrong and right. Still an easy play.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

The Swami is traveling this weekend and probably won’t be able to complete analyze all 15 games but I’m given us one play today.
    I’ve scratched my head all week over this game and finally I decided, don’t over think this. I’m not sure if Brissett isn’t an upgrade over Tua as not only am I not sold on Tua but either are the Dolphins still making a play for Watson.
    So back to the game. Brissett averages less than 5 air yard per attempt and 40% of those fall incomplete. That’s not very encouraging.
    Don’t overthink this.
    Raiders are the play of the week.
    Raiders -4 for 100.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Raiders let me down but I was late and didn’t get the play. Lucky for me. Bills came through in a snoozer.
    I’ve got inside information that the under tonight is the lock of the century.
    Take it with a grain of salt but I’m laying $100 on under 52 and I will get it in on time.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Interesting little tidbit for you NFL wagerers. The Chiefs are 1-12-1 ATS in their last 14 games.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Raiders let me down but I was late and didn’t get the play. Lucky for me. Bills came through in a snoozer.
    Take it with a grain of salt but I’m laying $100 on under 52 and I will get it in on time.

I was looking at that myself.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

If this was referring to the Cowboys vs Eagles, it is proof that nothing is a lock.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

If this was referring to the Cowboys vs Eagles, it is proof that nothing is a lock.

You can say that again! My locks this year are 0-3.
    I’m taking the overs tonight at 46. The Jaguars can score, just can’t win. If Lawrence throws a few ints and gives Cincinnati short fields it could get ugly quick and a lot of catch up.
    Bengals over 46 for $100

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bengals over 46 for $100!!

oops, gotta be careful with Joe Burrow, he tends to run hot and cold. sometimes that's from game-to-game and sometimes it's first half-second half.

• Options

@keets said:
    Bengals over 46 for $100!!

oops, gotta be careful with Joe Burrow, he tends to run hot and cold. sometimes that's from game-to-game and sometimes it's first half-second half.

Yeah that’s a tough pill to swallow. Jags go up 17-0 or 21-0 at half and the over covers easily. Swami is now 0-4 on my locks and now finds himself in the hole for the first time since 2019. The only thing saving me this year so far are the two Bills victories and the Packers on Monday night. -$25 but still gonna come out swinging

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I would avoid the Kansas City Chiefs unless your taking the points. as good as they are I saw they're something like 1-12-1 vs. the spread. if true, that's terrible.

• Options

@keets said:
    I would avoid the Kansas City Chiefs unless your taking the points. as good as they are I saw they're something like 1-12-1 vs. the spread. if true, that's terrible.

You are correct in their last 14 games. I bet Vegas has built a few new hotels on the Chiefs.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I hate teasers but I need to do something different. Can the Bills cover to bail me out again?
    2 team teaser for 100
    Giants +13
    Panthers +11

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I see a very solid play after looking at the stats. I don’t care how bad the Packers defense is the Steelers commitment to run isn’t working. Ben can’t throw downfield.
    -6 is a gift
    Packers-6 for 100

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I’m taking a swing at another favorite. I think Tom punishes his old team Sunday and Tampa Bays defense gets real healthy against Mac and the Patriots
    Tampa Bay-7 for 100

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Bills -17 for 25
    Detroit +3 for 25

2 team teaser for 25
    Titans even
    Titans over 38

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2021 1:51PM

Grabel is a dumb a—. Doesn’t call time out. Delay of game. Missed field goal. Jets win. Dumb a—-

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Well Swami pulled out enough wins to be up +150 for the season going into tonight’s game. F—king Vrabel

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+45 after the embarrassing performance by Tom not always terrific

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +45 after the embarrassing performance by Tom not always terrific

Brady plays his best in the big moments. But sometimes, collectively, his biggest games are somewhat duds. But he never loses focus, and will almost always will his team to victory and/or score points the last time he has the ball.

I don't know about over unders, and I never followed the spread to much, but I always heard that Brady could be counted on to win straight up but not to cover. Terrible against the spread. Is it true?

• Options

I had Green Bay -6, Green Bay + Tompa Money line. I got my big money ticket destroyed by Tennessee and NO. Just absolutely stupid that they lost

• Options

Tennessee, how do you figure them out this season??