Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Recent Additions To My Collection

USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2021 8:22PM in U.S. Coin Forum

These are a few recent additions to my Morgan collection:
Al Varelas / USMC

Comments

  • Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Putting together some nice Morgan's there! 1898 is my favorite date!

  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice ones! I’ve got a short stack of Morgan’s coming later this week, too!

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

    the green gasket on the 98-O is considered to be from sunlight exposure. I like that coin a lot.

    as an added extra to think about, there are counterfeit holders out there, too. we've even seen a counterfeit holder with a counterfeit CAC sticker (very convincing CAC sticker... luckily CAC tracks cert numbers on their site).

    if you ever have doubts you can ask.

    here is the PCGS holder museum: https://www.pcgs.com/holders
    (I have 3 inch silver coins in oversized holders, the oversized holders are not shown)

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Definitely some superb Morgans! :)

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @USMC Nice looking coins. Is 1898 O a favorite year for you I noticed you got 2 of those?

    Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

  • Options
    USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭

    gumby1234 said:
    @USMC Nice looking coins. Is 1898 O a favorite year for you I noticed you got 2 of those?

    I got a real good price on them, so I figured that one of them would
    be a good trader to deal with for something I don't have .....

    Al / USMC

  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Always nice to get a good deal

    Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

  • Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That β€˜98 O looks sharp!

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @USMC .... Very nice Morgans.... I like the CC Morgans and built a set years ago. That '98O is a beauty too. Semper Fi.... Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice group!

  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Im assuming @ThreeCentSilverFL and @ricko are referring to the NGC 98O Morgan. He has two. All nice pickups he made

    Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

    i like the 1898 o myself as well

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The kind of coins that pay my tuition. Intuition tells me you're in the sweet spot of the best ballpark we can play in. Such a great hobby.

  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Super nice looking coins. I really like the 1898-O.

    USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

  • Options
    CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice!!!

    CC

    Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps
  • Options
    USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭

    Waiting on this Morgan, should have Saturday ....
    Al / USMC

  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice coins @USMC !

    I'm a big fan of big, white Morgans.

    Here's one of mine:

  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Those are beautiful πŸ‘πŸ‘

    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2021 6:11PM

    Little advice that may not apply to you. Sometime when we first start off we buy and buy and buy and we learn so much though that process taking some lumps alone the way which is a good thing as learning is most of the fun of the hobby.

    The funny part is you can learn more by buying slower and less, while looking more.

    Cool coins

  • Options
    USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2021 12:23PM

    Added another coin to my collection .... Got an very good price on this one

  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

    SUPER NEWPS!! I especially like the CC Morgans!!!

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. πŸ€ πŸΊπŸ‘

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file