Home Sports Talk
Options

Yes or No: Will the Miami Dolphins make the playoffs this year?

Can't say "Depends on how Tua does" because we already know that.

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt the Dolphins will win their Division but believe they can qualify as a WildCard, although the battle for those three spots should be the best part of the entire season. interestingly, the Dolphins vs. Patriots opens and closes the season for both Teams.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they will make the playoffs, but that's just a guess, I think they won't make the playoffs.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

just sold a 5/5 rpa flawless of tua for a nice sum. so they prolly will. injury always worries me w him.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt it. But if they do, Tua will be hyped as the Second Coming.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 12:50PM
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 1:32PM

Couple of 8-9 win teams in the AFC East and I predict minimum of 10 wins for the wild card.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

First game is Tua vs Mac.
    Found this picture from a few years ago from their Bama days, Jalen, Tua and Mac.

• Options

Thanks for all of the input (so far). I believe the Dolphins will make the playoffs -- but it's tough to gauge how deep they can go if they get there. I think their sked is relatively easy, I believe they think they can win games, I think Tua will be healthier and more "NFL-ready" than last year, and so I think the Dolphins will outplay the predictions of the pundits. And let's face it, their division is not very strong -- the Dolphins gave up fewer points (338) than any team in the AFC East last year. Oh, and the Patriots don't worry me. (Sorry perkdog).

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    Thanks for all of the input (so far). I believe the Dolphins will make the playoffs -- but it's tough to gauge how deep they can go if they get there. I think their sked is relatively easy, I believe they think they can win games, I think Tua will be healthier and more "NFL-ready" than last year, and so I think the Dolphins will outplay the predictions of the pundits. And let's face it, their division is not very strong -- the Dolphins gave up fewer points (338) than any team in the AFC East last year. Oh, and the Patriots don't worry me. (Sorry perkdog).

A lot will be learned September 12th. Now that the genius with the system has decided he can win with anyone ( see last year) Miami has to sweep the Pats to have any chance at making the playoffs. My doubts about Tua still remain but if it’s a 17-13 game who knows. You’ll know soon enough.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@charliej2356 said:

56 in one game. Cough, cough.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

The Dolphins will make it this year! But also lose to Cleveland in playoffs

• Options

B)

• Options

As noted above: "Oh, and the Patriots don't worry me. (Sorry perkdog)."

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 2:52PM

@perkdog said:
    Nope

They have already beaten the Patriots at home. The Patriots fumbled the game away, put themselves in a hole already. Miami will be a wildcard team.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2021 7:02PM

Tua threw for 202 yards in the opener against the Pats including a 3rd. quarter go-ahead TD pass! Doesn't get much better. Tua looks like the real deal. I think the Dolphins are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Tua threw for 202 yards in the opener against the Pats including a 3rd. quarter go-ahead TD pass! Doesn't get much better. Tua looks like the real deal. I think the Dolphins are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Honestly I’m going to retract my earlier statement. The Bills like the Patriots have a glaring lack of WR’s and that could be a problem. Miami might be the team to beat in the AFC East. Bills be Fish will be a good game to potential see what is going to be going on for the top of the division. The Pats should be in the mix with their D, the Jets are just irrelevant

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not ready to sell stock on the Bills quite yet. and I'm not sold on Miami. The next few weeks should give a clearer picture as to how things might shake out.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I'm not ready to sell stock on the Bills quite yet. and I'm not sold on Miami. The next few weeks should give a clearer picture as to how things might shake out.

Agreed, week 1 is usually not the take of the tape.

• Options
    edited September 14, 2021 1:43PM

@thisistheshow said:
    I'm not ready to sell stock on the Bills quite yet.......

Same here. It's just one game. I'm going with the Bills for the long haul. I like Josh Allen but I'm not convinced he's as good as some people think he is. Hope I'm wrong. But I sure do like his style. Go Bills!

And.....I can't see the Dolphins winning the division. Wild Card? I think that's a very good possibility.

• Options

Perhaps I'm dreaming but, I see Miami beating Buffalo this coming Sunday. It'll be Miami's Home Opener, and I think they're ready to rumble. Miami will get wide receiver Will Fuller back from suspension -- and so Tua will have a few all-pro-quality receivers to help him. And the Dolphin 'D' is pretty stout -- I'm bullish on Miami this year!

• Options
    edited September 14, 2021 3:42PM

I’m not worried about the Bills. They lost to a 12-4 team. Things that worked last year didn’t and Allen was just off. He over threw 2 wide open deep routes early. Chalk it up to over hyped. Pittsburgh scored 1 Offensive TD. So I’m waiting a little bit before I award the Bills the #1 overall draft pick in 2022. I remember some years ago Buffalo best New England 45-6 opening day. The Patriots won the Super Bowl. They’ll be just fine.
    Miami doesn’t have an explosive offense. 4 turn overs is their key to success. One less and we’re talking about a Patriots victory. Miami, same team as last year in a position to make the playoffs gave up 56 to the Bills, half those against the second string. No Miami isn’t winning the division and they will battle New England for 2nd. Miami’s ceiling is where they are. New England will just get better.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Wow, 2dueces, I guess I don't have to watch the AFC East games for the rest of the regular season!

• Options

Perhaps I'm dreaming but, I see Miami beating Buffalo this coming Sunday.

to be honest, Miami may in fact beat Buffalo on Sunday but I will be picking the Bills in the "pick 'em contest" this week. it's only the second game of the season and sometimes it takes Teams a while to warm up. the key to a championship is usually getting through the season with no major, key player injuries and getting hot in November.

remember Tampa Bay last year, they were something like 7-5 before they got going and didn't lose another game.

• Options

This is getting good! I didn't know the Bills and Dolphins face off next Sunday. I'm tuning in! I like Tua and Allen...but.... I'm pulling for the Bills. That's my AFC team.

• Options

@keets said:
    Perhaps I'm dreaming but, I see Miami beating Buffalo this coming Sunday.

to be honest, Miami may in fact beat Buffalo on Sunday but I will be picking the Bills in the "pick 'em contest" this week. it's only the second game of the season and sometimes it takes Teams a while to warm up. the key to a championship is usually getting through the season with no major, key player injuries and getting hot in November.

remember Tampa Bay last year, they were something like 7-5 before they got going and didn't lose another game.

Exactly. The Saints beat them like a drum twice in the regular season. Of course Brady beat them when it mattered as he always does.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Today starts the chance for Miami to find out if they make a run at the playoffs. 1-4, Tua back in the lineup and 3 of their next 4 are winnable games. Let’s face facts here if Tua can’t beat the Jags Miami will be shopping for a franchise QB. Still time before the trade deadline to get Watson.
    Tua will throw a ton of 3 yard passes to Gaskin and Gesicki and RAC will be the tale of this game.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Miami makes the playoffs, that would mean that three teams from the AFC East make the playoffs. Because we now the Pats are getting in, right? Right? ... B)

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    If Miami makes the playoffs, that would mean that three teams from the AFC East make the playoffs. Because we now the Pats are getting in, right? Right? ... B)

Ahhh that’s a big no

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miami just lost to Jacksonville. I think you have your answer.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?