Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

With no mintage limit, here's our burnished version of the T-2. With a W mintmark, a deal at only $67.00 and being released just four days before the big RP set. HHL's set at 3.

However with a product limit of 175,000 this could be unavailable quicker than we think. Anybody say Backorder???

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There will likely be a rush initially, but it might avoid a first day sell out....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2021 4:53AM

This issue is over looked. 2019 138.000+. 2020 150,000+. Low mintage. Still cheap. Will these collector editions take hold now that the mint is putting a limit of 175,000 on them? Maybe? 🤓Where else could they release these? Why not mintage limit?🧐

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Last year

This year
    Are they creating some hype?🤓

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

If you are relying on a longstanding enrollment to receive this coin, be advised that an enrollment no longer assures you of getting them.

I was just told by the Mint that my Type 2 W ASE proof enrollment could not be filled because of lack of inventory. Enrollment orders are no longer filled before the release day orders – they are combined and filled randomly. So, if they run out of inventory, some enrollments may not be filled.

This was the conversation/chat:

Hi, How may I help you today?
    06:32 PM
    Customer
    Does your Bag have to be empty when an enrollment is ready to be sent?
    06:33 PM
    Sharda
    No, that is not necessary.
    06:33 PM
    Customer
    That might have blocked my last enrollment.
    06:35 PM
    Sharda
    It didn't block anything.
    Sharda
    Your cart has nothing to do with your enrollments.

Sharda
    Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    06:36 PM

Customer
    Yes, Why was my EAN enrollment never filled? I got the normal advance emails.
    Sharda
    One moment please while I find the information you are requesting. Please allow me up to two minutes to research.
    06:41 PM
    Sharda
    I appreciate your patience while I was researching.
    06:41 PM
    Sharda
    Due to the lack of inventory you didn't receive the enrollment.
    06:42 PM
    Sharda
    This all the information that I have to offer you.
    06:42 PM
    Customer
    The enrollments are filled first. You can't be out of inventory at that point.
    06:44 PM
    Sharda
    They are not filled first.
    Sharda
    Both the orders that are placed that day and the enrollments are processed at the same time.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

They contacted me the night before on my ase S type 2 enrollment. To confirm information and such. Sorry. It posted right away and wasn’t back ordered shipping and arrived timely manner🤷🏼‍♂️

• Options

@rip_f said:

Be advised that an enrollment no longer assures you of getting them.

OMG this is not good.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure I interpret Sharda’s comment the same way you do. Indeed, the enrollments and “day of” orders are processed the same day. That doesn’t mean that the Mint does not consider enrollment quantities when they allocate sales quantities for “day of” orders.

Clearly, the Mint screwed up on your order, but I’m not sure that they randomly fill enrollment and same day orders and just hope they don’t oversell.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Their own faq says first-in first-out

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭

@Halfpence said:
    I’m not sure I interpret Sharda’s comment the same way you do. Indeed, the enrollments and “day of” orders are processed the same day. That doesn’t mean that the Mint does not consider enrollment quantities when they allocate sales quantities for “day of” orders.

I agree, I usually receive an order confirmation for my enrollments well before the "day of" noon eastern order time.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the way it went down for me. I got 4 - 2021 w proof ASE, 5 - 2021 S proof ASE's, and have 2 enrollments for 2 each for the 2021 W unc ASE's for a TOTAL OF 4. EACH OF THE 1ST ase'S MY ORDER WAS CONFIRMED THAT DAY AND MY CC WAS DINGED THAT DAY ALSO. I do not know where Sharda got his info, but my story is true and have the coins to prove it. Note: the HHL of 3 does not include enrollments made prior to the early summer announcement of just 3 per HH. Love the enrollment program -

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

During some of the pauses in our "chat", Sharda was obviously seeking guidance from her supervisor, who actually may have taken over the chat toward the end, when the answers became less script-like and more authoritative.

I hope this isn't the new process going forward. Who's going to trust the enrollment option like we used to?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

However with a product limit of 175,000 this could be unavailable quicker than we think. Anybody say Backorder???

Anybody say Subscription??? ;)

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

@derryb said:

@Onastone said:

You mean Enrollment??? :)

Ok, just checked to see if I do have a subscription/enrollment....I think I do: American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin Enrollment (MT) It doesn't specify a W minting, but isn't that the only unc. you can get from the mint? And what do the two letters in parenthesis represent? Catalog organization?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@derryb said:

@Onastone said:

You mean Enrollment??? :)

Ok, just checked to see if I do have a subscription/enrollment....I think I do: American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin Enrollment (MT) It doesn't specify a W minting, but isn't that the only unc. you can get from the mint? And what do the two letters in parenthesis represent? Catalog organization?

Yes, that is the W burnished collector version. MT is the product ID for the enrollment.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

My experience was similar to JWP's. I think the key is you needed to sign up for enrollments early this year to be more or less guaranteed you will get them. It's too late now for the burnished coin, which I agree has some long-term potential. I heard some others got cancelled and can't say for sure if they enrolled early or not, but personally I have never had an enrollment cancelled.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Onastone said:

Yes, that is the W burnished collector version. MT is the product ID for the enrollment.

For reference, here are the "item numbers" for all three ASE enrollments ...

Link

• Options

@MetroD said:

For reference, here are the "item numbers" for all three ASE enrollments ...

Okay that helps, these are all enrollments for the T-2....did one enrollment for ASE proofs get you both T-1 & T-2? This is definitely a confusing year of Eagles.

• Options

you had a T-1 W Proof enrollment and a separate T-2 W Proof enrollment.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2021 7:17PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    you had a T-1 W Proof enrollment and a separate T-2 W Proof enrollment.

It has been a while, but I think that I remember it differently.

IIRC, enrollment "MN" automatically transitioned from the 2021 T1 to the 2021 T2 Proof-W product. IOW, the same active enrollment yielded both 21EA and 21EAN shipments.

Edited To add:
    Forum reports of the transition can be found starting here.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

My enrollment for the 2021 W T1 was the same enrollment that was filled for the T2. I got the 2021 T1 & T2 via enrollmen ts with no problem.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

MsMorrisine If I may say so I really look forward to your posts everyday! Always very informative and teaches me something! Thank-you

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    MsMorrisine If I may say so I really look forward to your posts everyday! Always very informative and teaches me something! Thank-you

And those of us who have fallen under the aim of your avatar “digit “ of correction and come away better for it. Thanks 🤓🙀

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:

He is very good. Just don't point back at him!

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

It's interesting how just hanging out with Bridget Bardot can take that serious look off of someone's face and turn it into a sheepish grin!

BST references available on request

• Options

Note? What exactly does that mean? No enrollment? Sounds odd. I’m not aware of coins being bought by the general public before release. What are they saying in their “quote “ highlighted area?

• Options

I did not enroll. Now I have to test my luck. crossing my fingers I get one.

• Options
    edited September 3, 2021 12:14PM

That note is boiler plate

If you hack our site and order early, we’ll cancel.

Once their order clocks and web site clocks were out of sync. I was told In a Huff they canceled my orders because they were placed early. I wrote HQ. they determined the clocks were out of synch. Luckily they were FS coins and were available the next day

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2021 1:07PM

Moved to correct thread.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@Onastone From your original post, and several other posters said as well, you said "burnished version...". Is it burnished?

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smokincoin said:
    @Onastone From your original post, and several other posters said as well, you said "burnished version...". Is it burnished?

The coin is not burnished. They are called burnished because the original coins back in 2006 and 2007 were struck with burnished dies. I think the coins struck from 2011 to date are regular business strike dies with the W mint mark.

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@djm So they're the same as the bullion version? Just with the added "W" mintmark on the reverse?

• Options

@djm said:
    The coin is not burnished. They are called burnished because the original coins back in 2006 and 2007 were struck with burnished dies. I think the coins struck from 2011 to date are regular business strike dies with the W mint mark.

From the Mint website:

Source: "What's the difference between bullion, proof, uncirculated, and circulating coins?" @ https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/faqs/

From CoinWeek:

Source: Article titled "An Overlooked Modern Rarity? Burnished Silver Eagles" (Could not link to it.)

• Options

• Options
    edited September 4, 2021 3:57AM

@smokincoin said:

Yes it will be burnished. From the mint's email notification: "The American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin is the collector version of the official United States Mint American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin. " That doesn't mean it's just regular unc. with a W mintmark.

• Options

Good luck to everyone trying for one of these tomorrow.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@Mindy9773 said:

He is very good. Just don't point back at him!

• Options

This thread took a turn into the Twilight Zone!!!

• Options
    GemstrikeGemstrike Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

I just took a look at my product enrollment page and the active box is now unchecked. It was active a week ago but no longer. I'll now be trying to order at noon. Better take a look at yours to be sure.

• Options

@Gemstrike said:
    I just took a look at my product enrollment page and the active box is now unchecked. It was active a week ago but no longer. I'll now be trying to order at noon. Better take a look at yours to be sure.

My enrollment went through already confirmed this morning at 12:33. I don't understand why yours was active and unchecked... :/:/:/

• Options

@Gemstrike said:

Double check your order history list. I think it's a matter of timing when you check your statuses. Mine went through a similar scenario.
    As the Mint runs system updates prior to a release that includes enrollments, our statuses change temporarily. Mine disappeared from the list completely at one point, then it was back on the list with no Date, now my order history shows Processing.

• Options
    GemstrikeGemstrike Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

@rip_f said:

@Gemstrike said:

Double check your order history list. I think it's a matter of timing when you check your statuses. Mine went through a similar scenario.
    As the Mint runs system updates prior to a release that includes enrollments, our statuses change temporarily. Mine disappeared from the list completely at one point, then it was back on the list with no Date, now my order history shows Processing.

Rip you are correct! There they are on my order history list. Crazy mint almost caused me to exceed the household limit and getting nothing. Thank You!

• Options

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a direct link you can go to sign up for pinehurst buying emails?

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    edited September 9, 2021 8:27AM

Just google them and look around the site. There’s a sign up space. Updated, special deals etc. Think it sez something about would you like to sign up for…
    I’m also a previous customer

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for two...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Must have 5,000

• Options

Get your coffee or drink of choice. Crack your knuckles. Prepare for the fun. I am thinking backorder/unavailable in 30 minutes or less? Any one? Good luck

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

I’m thinking sooner than that

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file