Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crack out, with care this time! SAVED, from the hammer!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 30, 2021 8:35AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Yes, if you guys caught my past crack out try. I goofed up and scratched the coin. Lol. This time, much more care and time taken. This Merc. has the potential of an upgrade, as well as, maybe receiving the FB designation? Love the tone so much that even if it misses those mark's. I'll still be pleased to have it wrapped in our host's plastic! Lol. Sure, I'm sacrificing the coin to be out of the fattie slab. I feel that strong for it to get at least one of the upgrades! Whatcha guys think? Thanks :)

1937 ms 67

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... based on the pictures, I would say no upgrade and FB is very unlikely due to the middle bands. Best of luck and let us know... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck @joeykoins
    keep us updated :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey I am practicing at this very thing and I’m thinking no on this one. Thanks 🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's at least one bridge in the middle band just right of the middle, so no FB. With the scrape on the neck, I can't imagine it would go 68.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too would leave as is.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had your money. Even if it does go 67 FB, you've spent $40 to get a $60 or $70 price increase. 🤔

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see pain in your future...

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would leave it in that holder.
    I recently bought a Morgan in the same vintage NGC slab, people like the old fatties.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2021 8:43AM

@jmlanzaf said:
    I wish I had your money. Even if it does go 67 FB, you've spent $40 to get a $60 or $70 price increase. 🤔

If it would of gone ms 68 FB, it would of been a $1500 coin. Or even if it hit the ms 68 without the FB, it could of reached $300. :*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

If it would of gone ms 68 FB, it would of been a $1500 coin. Or even if it hit the ms 68 without the FB, it could of reached $300. :*

And if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

To get a 68 would be a very tough! Chances are, you'd be $50 in deeper with the new added grading fees and lose the old holder also. Definitely worth leaving be on this one.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

Leave it alone.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like yours just the way it is. I’ve got two ‘37s in 66FB. Yours looks great, but might be topped out. Fatties need love, too!

• Options
    kruegerkrueger Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2021 11:03AM

Played that game before at this level its a LOSER . don't crack it out. it will never 68 crossed or raw submitted.
    I have found PCGS is tighter at these levels. LEAVE IT BE.

It is said that NGC is 1/2 to 1 point more liberal than PCGS. Not my opinion but dealers have told me as much.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my observations, for it to make a 68, there’s gotta be some superb toning.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about sending it to CAC?

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

From the pictures provided, I don't see that ending well, either.

• Options

@messydesk said:

@DisneyFan said:

From the pictures provided, I don't see that ending well, either.

Cheaper and less destructive

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a 65 or 66, no Bands.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great decision, Joey. Here's the evidence of the benefit of this forum You heard many opinions and they seemed to be mostly against. Luckily, you chose to heed the advice. I think you made the right decision. A 68 is a tough grade to access.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file