Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone get cable through Spectrum?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

After nine years, Spectrum all of a sudden tells customers that they were receiving NFL Network by mistake, and they'll no longer be able to have NFL Network, customers are livid. This is a letter a Twitter user received from Spectrum:

Comments

• Options

Oh my goodness. Oh wow, just wow, another Twitter user has been served with papers!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

people routinely get services that THEY KNOW they aren't supposed to be getting and then they express indignation when this stuff happens. just straighten up and fly right.

--- a friend of mine had cable disconnected for non-payment. he hooked it up himself until Spectrum discovered it and unhooked him with a warning. he waited a short while and did it again. this time they took the line out from the street to the house. he's an IT guy and his wife is a nurse, just pay for it.
    --- I know someone else that bragged about stealing cable. they ran a line down a pole and under the street through a culvert to reach his house!! just pay for cable.

• Options

Ah yes, the good ol' days of stealing cable. 🤔

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

is cable still even a thing?

• Options

is cable still even a thing??

wow, someone like me who has never had a cell phone must really confound you!! :D

• Options
    edited August 29, 2021 4:28PM

@keets said:
    is cable still even a thing??

wow, someone like me who has never had a cell phone must really confound you!! :D

no. i get that. heck, i wish i didnt have mine 99.9% of the time. this is not an old stab. more of a fiscally responsible joke. 😉

this is more about how ridiculously priced it is. you obviously have internet service. watching anything you want is already possible. you might incur another small streaming charge. certainly nothing remotely as much as comcast, spectrum, timewarner, directv charge. even for their basic package.

• Options

I use Spectrum for internet service but that's it. They send me letters every month trying to get me to subscribe to cable, I just burn the letters.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have them, and given the amount they charge me, they have a lot of crust.

Putting games only on NFL Network is stupid. I guess the NFL is into losing ad revenue that they could get on the conventional channels.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

this is more about how ridiculously priced it is. you obviously have internet service. watching anything you want is already.....................

Cable is very, very high priced in my opinion, but it's sort of like a necessary evil. my GF works for the VA: prior to COVID that was a 45+ minute drive each way to work. she's working from home now and cable is an absolute necessity, but the trade-off is more than worth it. aside from that I need cable for the FireStick and the home PC.

when I think of how much I pay for cable as a percentage of income it always raises my BP.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I use Spectrum for internet service but that's it. They send me letters every month trying to get me to subscribe to cable, I just burn the letters.

If they send a pre addressed envelope, I send their offer back (after tearing off my info) to them and they have to pay the postage. I do the same with the 20 Capital One card offers I get a month.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2021 9:34PM

@keets said:
    this is more about how ridiculously priced it is. you obviously have internet service. watching anything you want is already.....................

Cable is very, very high priced in my opinion, but it's sort of like a necessary evil. my GF works for the VA: prior to COVID that was a 45+ minute drive each way to work. she's working from home now and cable is an absolute necessity, but the trade-off is more than worth it. aside from that I need cable for the FireStick and the home PC.

when I think of how much I pay for cable as a percentage of income it always raises my BP.

well at least you wont get text notifications that your arm & leg is due when the monthly bill comes. ya know, because you dont have a cell phone! 😉