Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

If you receive a private message from JM33, see the link below.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

Comments

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks I got a message from him..IGNORE

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone notified the moderators so he can be banned again? They may not see it until Monday morning unfortunately.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2021 3:49PM

@PerryHall said:
    Has anyone notified the moderators so he can be banned again? They may not see it until Monday morning unfortunately.

I also flagged my own post (in the original USCF thread) which described what went down, so they'll know what's up. I suspect our friend @JM33 's days are numbered- at least under this username. But he'll probably be back, under a new identity. Which is why it's important to recognize his style and MO.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Got this from that scammer

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2021 3:48PM

The scammer reads your wantlist postings and copy-pastes them into his messages.

Thankfully I recognized the pattern from the earlier US Coins forum thread about this, so I did not get taken.

Make sure YOU recognize the pattern, too, so you don't take the bait. He will probably be back under yet another identity after this one is banned.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

They messaged me last night. I ignored them too.

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭

bump to keep this on top

Successful BST: dmwjr, ike126, bajjerfan, morganman94, sonoradesertrat, 12voltman, duiguy, gsaguy, gsa1fan, martin, coinfame, zas107, bothuwui, gerard, kccoin, jtwitten, robcool, coinscoins, mountain_goat, and a few more.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2021 11:45PM

I received this PM from JM33 today replying to a rare book I wanted to buy from months ago. He may be a lot of things but lazy he is not

From JM33

"Anderson has the book Coins of Ancient Sicily for sale in good condition Here’s his email andersonowens01@gmail.com"

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my missive from JM33:

Anderson has Dansco for Australian Pennies for sale in good condition Here’s his email andersonowens01@gmail.com

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Nathan401Nathan401 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

I got the same message stating they have the obsolete banknote I’ve been looking for.

• Options
    Nathan401Nathan401 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anderson has private message from JM33 for sale in good condition Here's his email andersonowens01@gmail.com

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Danger, Danger Will Robinson !

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@PerryHall said:

I messaged @HeatherBoyd

Did she respond? Has he been banned yet?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Banned

There is another pattern to note:

The PMs start on the weekends and mods aren’t readily available then

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions