Home Sports Talk
Options

Twitter snubs Alan Page

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're a celebrity or famous person, you can apply for a verified account blue check mark beside your account in Twitter and the check mark signifies that you're a celebrity or famous person. This is the message Alan Page received from Twitter when he applied for the verified account status:

Comments

• Options

This was Alan Page's response to Twitter:

• Options
    edited August 27, 2021 8:55AM

What kind of a Mickey Mouse operation are they running over there at Twitter, they've never heard of Alan freakin' Page?

• Options

This is what the verified blue check looks like, it's a blue check next to your account name, signifying that you're a notable or famous person.

• Options

The blue check mark signifies that you're a notable or famous person.

• Options

I still can't believe Twitter hasn't heard of Alan Page, the more I think about this, the more angry and bitter I become.

• Options

Oh, oh, Twitter has heard of Pee Wee Herman, he gets a blue check mark!

https://mobile.twitter.com/peeweeherman

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alan Page is a person who should be well known and admired for his football career and for what he has done after football (becoming a lawyer, a judge and eventually a justice on the Minnesota state Supreme Court).

An amazing person and life.

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    Alan Page is a person who should be well known and admired for his football career and for what he has done after football (becoming a lawyer, a judge and eventually a justice on the Minnesota state Supreme Court).

An amazing person and life.

Yes, he is a legend, I am digusted, and this has absolutely nothing to do with me being banned from Twitter a few years ago!

• Options

It is now 3:24 p.m. eastern time and I'm still disgusted!

• Options

Jack Youngblood? Never heard of him!

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Alan Page was one of the greatest players who ever plaayed in the NFL and not just on the defensive side of the ball either. I suspect some sort of political agenda is also involved here. I would love to see the list of NFL players who have been verified in comparison. (I don't use Twitter).

• Options

@bobbybakeriv said:
    Alan Page was one of the greatest players who ever plaayed in the NFL and not just on the defensive side of the ball either. I suspect some sort of political agenda is also involved here. I would love to see the list of NFL players who have been verified in comparison. (I don't use Twitter).

I suspect there will be outrage over this and Twitter will grant him the blue check. I can't believe Twitter hasn't heard of the purple people eaters, Twitter must be run by a bunch of softies.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

'softies' is inappropriate. I had in mind Something a little harser.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sighed up for Twitter at one point and found you could nothing on it unless someone made you part of their clique. I dropped it in short order. They sent me emails for weeks asking me to log in, all of which went straight to the trash bin. Now that I know more about it, I want nothing to do with it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being famous on social networks is like being rich at Monopoly

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.