Home U.S. Coin Forum

Season 20 episode 6 all about coins expedition unknown

MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 25, 2021 5:49PM in U.S. Coin Forum

America’s Titanic episode. Includes a lab visit at NGC with coins pulled off the bottom from the Pulaski. Watching it now.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Comments

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you notice the box of coins that the actor portraying Mr. Pulaski was looking at included Kennedy halves and an Ike dollar?

It would have been so easy to get something from the period…….I hate when producers don’t pay attention to details like that.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. But I was drooling over all the gold five dollar coins they were pulling up!!!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if they pull up enough of them we could purchase one 🤔

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.

I went right to the bay and GC and found none

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. Drooling over the $5 myself. I’ll check later recording it Didn’t notice Kennedy’s or Ike’s nice catch 🤓😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

What TV show is this?? Not much of a TV watcher, so not up to date on series/programs. Cheers, RickO

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I just saw a rerun of this episode.

I hadn't heard of the Pulaski and it's hoard of Classic Head half eagles. They have sold a few through AU Capital Management although the salvors believe that "98%" of the treasure is yet to be recovered. How many have been recovered? Do the POP reports show them?

https://aucm.com/1836-classic-head-5-ngc-ms63-29565821.html

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • ByersByers Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

The episode is on the Discovery Channel right now. It’s a re-run but is a fascinating episode of the Pulaski shipwreck, the discovery of rare U.S. gold and silver coins, and the NCS conservation and NGC encapsulation.

Mint Error News exclusively interviewed Dave Camire of NGC and NCS.

https://minterrornews.com/news-2-15-22-dave-camire-and-ngc-conserve-coins-from-the-ss-pulaski-shipwreck.html

mikebyers.com Dealer in Major Mint Errors, Die Trials & Patterns - Author of NLG Best World Coin Book World's Greatest Mint Errors - Publisher & Editor of minterrornews.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file