Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Different solution to PSA suspending some services

Instead of suspending the lower tier/cost submissions PSA should catch up, then resume allowing submissions at maybe an increase to $30-40, but limit the submissions to two days a month, or maybe one day a week where they make their online submission form the only form (no printouts) available and a certain designated day or days a month you can submit.

This keeps people connected to PSA as I’m sure many are drifting away or just tucking their cards away. PSA will always be the best place to submit but with the lowest submission at $200 people aren’t thinking about PSA or submitting unless they are higher end cards.

Comments

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll run your ideas upstairs and let you know what they think.

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Clearly they have considered the outcomes of various solutions and this avenue was the one that made the most sense for their long-term strategy.

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Imagine the flood of sub 1k cards they will receive when they reopen those levels lol it will break usps

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

For lower service levels, It wouldn’t be a bad idea to start with a lottery system of some kind.

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 9:25PM

I was thinking that they could limit the number of cards you can submit per month. Obviously, there would have to be exceptions for dealers, but I think this could work.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@shagrotn77 said:
    I was thinking that they could limit the number of cards you can submit per month. Obviously, there would have to be exceptions for dealers, but I think this could work.

I too have thought a personal cap on submissions might be a viable option, I would play along with that

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep - membership level gives you access to different range of submissions instead of free submissions - silver = x per month, gold = y per month, platinum = z per month. the memberships would paint a picture of how many graders would be needed for the upcoming year.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also think the general belief of how 4SC used to work might be another option - pay $x per card for review and only encapsulate those that are 10's for an additional $y for modern to deal with the crunch.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think PSA should take care of their longest tenured customers best and rank their ‘value’ through a blend of business done and reputation/ethics displayed by the corporate entity’s.

Then apply this to ‘regular customers’, too as well.

This would completely screw me but it seems the right way to do things. Specific numbers for submissions commensurate with past use.

This is not how it now works nor how it will ever work, mind you. Just how it should, in my humble opinion.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest