Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I'm trying to understand Why good rated ebay seller is doing this.

August 17 - I sold this, I still waiting payment
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313633276355
I still have the card because is not paid yet.
BUT, winner listed for sale in his ebay page same card, look cert nr, and stand using my own photos, ( with some photo shop make up) price slightly up.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165027329309?hash=item266c65351d:g:cZ8AAOSw9rphHumZ
so is he waiting sale the card before pay me?
then pay me and will require shipment to his buyer not to him? and later claim item not received because was shipped to non confirmed address?

Comments

• Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Dumb, he loses money after ebay fees. Not the best business model.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options

This is why they use to have phone numbers on ebay for sellers or buyers. But I guess it's not practical anymore 😃 I had to call a buyer one time.... Cringe talk at first, but we worked out the cringiness

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

then pay me and will require shipment to his buyer not to him? and later claim item not received because was shipped to non confirmed address?

No such thing as a "confirmed address" on ebay anymore. You just have to ship it to the address that EBAY tells you to, the address in the order (which will probably be to the buyer's buyer!) However looks like the buyer killed the second listing.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

.........However looks like the buyer killed the second listing.

I messaged him saying how can he sell me this card when he hasn't even pad the seller for it yet.

• Options
    winterwinter Posts: 73 ✭✭

Yes he killed the listing after I canceled, the order for non payment after 7 days. I guess he got email from eBay as advice. I wonder if the others listings of this guy, are under the same scheme.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

hey galaxy27
    "if your spidey-sense is tingling, then your best bet is to get on the phone and get in the ear of an ebay rep...........always"

I like the spidey-sense part; Pretty Cool

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 10:28PM

@winter said:
    Yes he killed the listing after I canceled, the order for non payment after 7 days. I guess he got email from eBay as advice. I wonder if the others listings of this guy, are under the same scheme.

I have my settings to auto-cancel unpaid sales after 4 days.....

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winter said:

You should have bought it!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@Historicalwood71 said:
    This is why they use to have phone numbers on ebay for sellers or buyers. But I guess it's not practical anymore 😃 I had to call a buyer one time.... Cringe talk at first, but we worked out the cringiness

buyers phone number is still available to eBay sellers

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:

@Historicalwood71 said:

buyers phone number is still available to eBay sellers

Heck really? I didn't know that. Maybe I never looked that hard for it. Well, that's great news if you ever need to work out something. It's always better to talk about a problem . Thank you;👍