Home Metal Detecting
Options

Metal Detecting Comic Cartoon Series - Ned & Ted Metal Detecting Adventures

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea... There certainly is a great deal of humor that can be found in the metal detecting hobby....I have seen it depicted in cartoons over the years... usually in some beach scene... Looking forward to seeing your work. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 12:00PM

Nice idea — reminds me of the TV series the detectorists. Anyone familiar with that series?

• Options

@Exbrit said:
    Nice idea — reminds me of the TV series the detectorists. Anyone familiar with that series?

never saw it but have heard of it here on the MD forum

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Exbrit said:

I watched it twice. I'm not sure it was meant to be a comedy, but it certainly was.

• Options

I never saw the TV program (I watch very little TV)...Though it has been mentioned here before. I don't know if it is still on... but seems it would risk turning into something like that farce about the treasure of Oak Island. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    I never saw the TV program (I watch very little TV)...Though it has been mentioned here before. I don't know if it is still on... but seems it would risk turning into something like that farce about the treasure of Oak Island. Cheers, RickO

It’s not like Oak Island and is not a reality TV show. It’s on either Acorn or Britbox, but you should be able to get it on Amazon. It’s slow to start, but funny. They haven’t ruled out another season, but also do not have plans for one at this time.

• Options

@Exbrit ... Thanks for the clarification. I will look for it and check it out if I can find it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited August 30, 2021 4:13AM

• Options

@1630Boston...Thanks for the link...watched a couple of minutes... will come back to it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Exbrit said:

time for youtube. we shall see

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Often considered but always resisted using a graveyard gag. Gives some people the impression that detectorists are grave robbers.

• Options

So when is the next one???

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat idea. :D

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Some chuckles there.... We have all had some interesting experiences... so plenty of material out there. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited November 26, 2021 4:38PM

I’m starting my 18th year with mine.

• Options

Good one's.... Where are these found? An MD magazine?? Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Good one's.... Where are these found? An MD magazine?? Cheers, RickO

Every issue of American Digger Magazine. I also have a Facebook page , “ Beepin’ “.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually ran across this metal detecting meme the other day web surfing.............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

:D Actually had a friend out West (AZ) that actually had the problem.... He did not dig a hole that deep, but thought the target was moving.... spent several minutes before he realized it was his own boots setting off the MD. Cheers, RickO

• Options

• Options

Why do I think this will soon be reality.... I can easily imagine people pressing a button and filming their finds. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Why do I think this will soon be reality.... I can easily imagine people pressing a button and filming their finds. Cheers, RickO

Lol. I drew this one back in 2013.

• Options

@Dockwalliper ... Prophetic indeed. I have seen apps and equipment that tie the phone to home... even turn on the coffee pot... So, this will likely soon be reality. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are just hilarious, keep them coming, I love them. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members