Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Grading Questions - Topps Star Wars "Rookies" - Context for condition on Older Cards

This forum is sports-centric, but hoping there is interest in Star Wars Topps cards as well. I am eager to dig up something worthy of submitting to PSA so I can get some real experience. I have raw Star Wars cards & I pulled out the Skywalker "rookies." I whittled it down to the best 2 and was hoping someone can critique my guesses on how they would grade. FWIW, I have been reading this forum, PSAs site, & I also watched their video on Youtube. Still would appreciate my experienced opinions so I can learn. The PSA video mentioned context, which I understood as the grading being influenced by what the manufacturing standards of the card in question were. These appear to have been manufactured cheaply, so I'm not sure how (or if) that factors in the grading process.

I've attached photos of the two, along with my guesstimates. Interested in hearing what other's opinions are.

Card 1: The major issues I see are the print defect on his chest (discoloration), what seems to be slight bends on the top edge, & the bottom right corner is soft. It appears (to my eye) to have good centering.

Card 2: This one has a round imperfection to the right of his head, 2/4 corners look good, the edges look good, & the centering is off.

My guess is these are both 6s or 7s? Apologies if these questions are "boring"

Card 1

Card 2

Comments