Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Charmy's BIG 2021 Chicago ANA Show Report w/tons of Pics!

Comments

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    Charmed, Charmy thanks for the report! Which Conder's did you submit?

Best, SH

One was the cat/dog combo with a really neat buckled die/terminal die state!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePennyLady said:

@spacehayduke said:
    Charmed, Charmy thanks for the report! Which Conder's did you submit?

Best, SH

One was the cat/dog combo with a really neat buckled die/terminal die state!

Cool can't wait to see the images when you get them.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Charmy. I am glad and always enjoy your report. Looking forward to the next one and maybe see you at the Long Beach show.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love your show reports. Looks like a great show and super fun time. I agree, if someone doesn't like a show report they can always just close it and move on :). I enjoy the behind the scenes and after hours fun just as much as the beautiful coins. The entire experience and people are what make a coin show worthwhile to me

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent show report... love the food and wine too!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fun report, good to see large shows going again. And I'm so glad no one (yet) has used the quote function to reply to your original post!!! :):D

• Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Great report as always. I have really missed seeing your reports with all of the pictures.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

We were not let down! Fantastic report. Unfortunately I past by Rosemont on my way to Wisconsin to attend a fishing rod building workshop - but next year I hope to attend. Thanks for the effort to share what we missed.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for doing this. Sorry we didn't connect during the show.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    I'm so glad no one (yet) has used the quote function to reply to your original post!!! :):D

Don't give anyone any ideas. :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePennyLady said:

@cladking said:
    Thanks for the thread and all the effort.

It is simply wonderful to see all the new faces in numismatics and see that the baton is finally being passed to a new generation. There are just that many 40 and 50 year old faces. It's good to see more women. All we need now is more races and more diversity but this will take care of itself in time.

Did the feeling that it was a great show affect other dealers and the public as well?

I had considered coming to this one.

I asked a lot of dealers how their show was going and not one said they had a bad show; on the contrary, actually every dealer I spoke with said this was their best show ever! And the public was equally thrilled to be at a large show where they could finally see coins in hand and buy coins they'd been looking for!

That's GREAT NEWS!!

Thanks for the AWESOME report.

I really enjoy them.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

As always a great report and fun read, we'll have to try some of the wines you photoed. Thanks for taking the time to post!

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great report! Looks like fun. :)

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

THAT is a show report. Never been to a major show in 65 years of collecting. Going next year, God willing.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is great to see one of your reports again! Congratulations on your award. I stopped by on Thursday to offer congratulations but you were super busy.

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! ⭐️

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lovely post from a lovely Lady... :)

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great report! I love reading (and looking) through something thorough like this. My only criticism is there wasn't enough focus on the airplanes you took. In the past you've taken some shots of the wing and/or scenery, so I know you can do better :)

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another Great Report, Charmy. Thanks for sharing. Love seeing actual photos of the items, displays and, especially the dealers and forum members. Nothing wrong with the wine photos as well.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coin show report!

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    jkentttjkenttt Posts: 2
    edited August 20, 2021 6:26PM

Best.Show.Ever!

• Options

What a fun week! Also had a couple hours to wander around the APS-National Stamp convention upstairs!

• Options
    TopdollarpaidTopdollarpaid Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Great report thanks

Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m happy for you and thanks for sharing your experiences! It’s pleasing to see that my friends are doing well and able to find things that bring them joy. Thanks for the amazing show report Charmy, you set the bar high!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great report! Had fun looking at your table.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic report! You did a great job capturing all of the experiences through your detailed descriptions and photos.

• Options
    agcedaragcedar Posts: 15 ✭✭

Thanks for the awesome report! Loved the pictures!

• Options
    LuxorLuxor Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent show report! Thank you for taking the time and effort to put together a post like that!

Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Excellent pictures and show report. Thankful I upgraded my old computer to a faster one. Your reports only takes a few seconds now to upload, compared to minutes in years past....Thanks :)

• Options
    AllentramAllentram Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Enjoyed the pictures and the report. Glad you had a great time and great show.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to come back for a second viewing.... and enjoyed it just as much the second time through. Thanks again Charmy. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report, another enjoyable read. The exhibits looked really neat, that would be a big reason for me to attend a major show, even more than shopping for coins.

• Options
    HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greaf report Charmy as usual .
    I hope to see you at the Whitman show In Baltimore in November.
    I know you like good food and resturants,you should try "Tio Pepe's " in Baltimore.
    Quite a few dealer friends from out of state have been returning there for dinner at each Whitman show here. Thanks again for the report.

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 55/55 is really sweet.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great report. I felt like I was there.

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2021 9:38AM

xx> @SoCalBigMark said:

That 55/55 is really sweet.

Yes it is an awesome coin - and it just sold!

Thank you everyone for all the wonderfully kind comments! I am very much looking forward to bringing you all a report of the next show!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awaiting the report :)
    boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried to say "Hi" but every time I walked past you were busy. Not like that's a bad thing :-)

Ruby says Hi to Penny too.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been super busy this week so when I saw your report pop up a couple of days ago I decided to wait until I could really take my time and enjoy it. I'm glad I did. Thanks for sharing and putting this together for us!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    BestGermanBestGerman Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

Charmy, it was wonderful to see you in Rosemont and to share a dinner with you and friends. Forget the nattering nabobs of negativity...your show reports are awesome!

Ron Guth, Chief Investigator
    The Numismatic Detective Agency

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love smiling faces at coin shows! Thanks for sharing

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2021 11:05PM

So many fun photos and it is always great to see faces attached to names, some of which I have met, and many others known through dealings and reputation.

That menu from Gibsons was informative and the price of Alaska King Crab in Chicago caught my attention - after having ordered it at an upscale restaurant in Alaska last week where instead of getting one pound for $92 the damage was $79 for one and a half pounds. Like those pictured, the claws and legs were also enormous.

Again thanks for taking the time and effort to allow a vicarious sharing in the gathering and events by those of us unable to attend in person.

• Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU Charmy for the fantastic report! I'm always awed by the time and effort you devote to these. Really enjoy seeing the shows through your eyes and look forward to many, many more in the future ;)

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy seeing your coin show reports, and thumbed through this one yesterday... then later on watching a re-run of "pawn stars" I saw you on the show. Really cool coincidence (I had not see that episode before either)

Thanks again for the report
    -luke

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the wonderful report again. Here's my modern 55/55 from Grove Minting

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

The exhibits look great. I especially liked the Chicago Coin Club 100th anniversary medals. All were very well done, however. Next best thing from being there - thanks

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charmy, I met you way back in 2009, and you look exactly the same. Haven't aged one bit. I think you might be a vampire. Thanks for the report and photos. It looks like you had a great time!

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    So many fun photos and it is always great to see faces attached to names, some of which I have met, and many others known through dealings and reputation.

That menu from Gibsons was informative and the price of Alaska King Crab in Chicago caught my attention - after having ordered it at an upscale restaurant in Alaska last week where instead of getting one pound for $92 the damage was $79 for one and a half pounds. Like those pictured, the claws and legs were also enormous.

Again thanks for taking the time and effort to allow a vicarious sharing in the gathering and events by those of us unable to attend in person.

I guess, I should add, no sales tax added on top of the bill either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file