Home Precious Metals
Options

Interesting!

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah dude, you beat me too it.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a huge investment for a company who is still not profitable. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

indicates they are sitting on a mountain of cash and don't like the alternatives to parking it.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

You know, BidAsk, whats most interesting about this is the non-interest by the gold bugs to this story. This may be the most influential news for gold.....ever!! Yet nothing. Almost no comments. If it aint conspiracy or manipulation based they dont care. Interesting indeed.

• Options

@cohodk said:

You know, BidAsk, whats most interesting about this is the non-interest by the gold bugs to this story. This may be the most influential news for gold.....ever!! Yet nothing. Almost no comments. If it aint conspiracy or manipulation based they dont care. Interesting indeed.

I repeat: indicates they are sitting on a mountain of cash and don't like the alternatives to parking it.

Spin, twist. LOL

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

Or it could be the two comments posted so far match the gold bug's opinion and they don't feel the need to beat a dead horse...

• Options
    edited August 20, 2021 7:47AM

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

Or it could be the two comments posted so far match the gold bug's opinion and they don't feel the need to beat a dead horse...

So they killed the fundamental horse and keep the conspiracy horse on life support?

They gold bugs had a lot to say when companies put bitcoin on their balance sheet, yet now when a company adds gold all we get are crickets. Very intersting indeed.

Silence is very loud.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

I am sure it is - I can't imagine what it's like being alone with your thoughts...

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2021 9:26AM

I can't imagine what it's like being alone with your thoughts...

lol

it could be the two comments posted so far match the gold bug's opinion and they don't feel the need to beat a dead horse...

If true, the market should respond in a positive way or else we may see some "anomalies" pop up in the market, perhaps a quickie flash crash in gold over the weekend to discourage any followup buying.

In the era of fake news, anything can happen and it doesn't have to make sense. CNBC isn't the first source I'd go to for any kind of news.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@taxmad said:
    I am sure it is - I can't imagine what it's like being alone with your thoughts...

You are constantly with me. <3

• Options

@jmski52 said:

In the era of fake news, anything can happen and it doesn't have to make sense. CNBC isn't the first source I'd go to for any kind of news.

You realize you can find the same story on 100 other news outlets, some of which also advertiae pillows.

Interesting that those who always see fake news never see fake news.

• Options
    edited August 20, 2021 2:20PM

You realize you can find the same story on 100 other news outlets, some of which also advertiae pillows.

You realize that all I said was that CNBC is not the first source I'd go to? Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote.

Why your fixation on Mike Lindell? What does Mypillow have to do with any of this? Please enlighten us.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

" You realize you can find the same story on 100 other news outlets, some of which also advertiae pillows. "

Not the first time you have mentioned pillow salesman. Your coy way of sneaking in a political jab?

----- kj
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

You realize that all I said was that CNBC is not the first source I'd go to? Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote.

Why your fixation on Mike Lindell? What does Mypillow have to do with any of this? Please enlighten us.

Because you value pillowmans opinion and im just calling you out for not recognizing fake news. Im vilipending you. Get it now?

But we're getting away from the OP. This is really big news, but draws yawns from the PM duds. A good solid fundamental for gold is ignored.

• Options

• Options

Because you value pillowmans opinion and im just calling you out for not recognizing fake news. Im vilipending you. Get it now?

What I recognize is that the banking system and the operatives who run it should be audited and most likely cited for racketeering.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

What I recognize is that the banking system and the operatives who run it should be audited and most likely cited for racketeering.

They are being regulated by their former employees and their peers. What could one expect?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, my bank loves for me to make deposits. Hell they even send me free personalized deposit slips. It's the withdrawals they like to make difficult.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

I took it as you don't trust CNBC.

if that's not the purpose of what you wrote, I'm lost as to the reason

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Investment in Gold
    During August 2021, the Company purchased $50.7 million in 100-ounce gold bars. Such purchase will initially be kept in a secure third-party facility located in the northeastern United States and the Company is able to take physical possession of the gold bars stored at the facility at any time with reasonable notice.

directly from their 10Q filing:

https://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001321655/55ab4b3e-dc8c-4c4a-bc0f-980d82d17d20.pdf

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

You aren't lost as to the reason. I got tired of their bias in several areas, including financial.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

You aren't lost as to the reason. I got tired of their bias in several areas, including financial.

Their "coverage" of the GME/AMC runup was awesome. All the shills CNBC brings on their shows were calling for retail investors to be banned from options trading because they caught the hedgies blatantly with their pants down.

If viewers actually knew the history of their regular "contributors" and "interviewees" like the Najarian brothers, Cramer and all the other pumpers and dumpers, you would be better off getting "advice" from a monkey. When Archegos was levered 5x and lost $100,000,000,000 no one batted an eye, LOL.

• Options

All the shills CNBC brings on their shows were calling for retail investors to be banned from options trading because they caught the hedgies blatantly with their pants down.

lol, that would've been fun to watch.

_If viewers actually knew the history of their regular "contributors" and "interviewees" like the Najarian brothers, Cramer and all the other pumpers and dumpers, you would be better off getting "advice" from a monkey. _

lol, ya think? :D

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmski52 said:

You missed the meaning of objectivity in reporting , maybe. The flip side, if you so choose.