Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Some More Business Strike from Erasmus Hall Washington Quarters Set via Great Collections;

Comments

• Options
    CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

This is the last day for these beauties.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

your 1995-P made the weekly top ten list, which frequently adds 100-200% to comparables.

https://greatcollections.com/top10

• Options

Thanks so much for the info

• Options
    CopperWireCopperWire Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

I wish there was an easy way to see what these realized. it seems like high grade clad quarters are highly prized.

• Options

I am happy to assist if you provide me the top three about which you are interested.

Casabrown

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2021 4:19AM

Well I hope you have done well with the sales of your sets and this coin will now be in my set for hopefully as long as it was in yours. I also hope that you delete all these coins from your inventory so all of us buyers can add them to ours. Thanks.

Tom

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Of course. I will retire all the sets as soon as they are placed to be auctioned.

Enjoy

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Just saw the 93 D 67+ This coin still available?

Dan
  • Options

No. It was auctioned.

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

@Casabrown said:
    Of course. I will retire all the sets as soon as they are placed to be auctioned.

Enjoy

I must say that I disagree with even the notion or option of "Retired Sets"...

Simply because if You sell the coins they are no longer Yours...and should not be able to be used to reserve a spot in the Rankings

Even seen a NASCAR Champion entered into the Chase for the Cup after he retired???

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

• Options

I agree in some respects with you.
    You are correct that past champions or hall of fame athletes do not compete with current champions. However, they are still held in high esteem. Indeed, there are often heated debates of how the present champions would fare against yesterday's champions.

Bottomline, I believe it is possible to appreciate the former leaders while saluting the present leaders. With current technology, I believe there must be a way for PCGS to achieve both objectives.

Just my two cents.

Casabrown

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2021 9:38PM

@Casabrown said:
    I agree in some respects with you.
    You are correct that past champions or hall of fame athletes do not compete with current champions. However, they are still held in high esteem. Indeed, there are often heated debates of how the present champions would fare against yesterday's champions.

Bottomline, I believe it is possible to appreciate the former leaders while saluting the present leaders. With current technology, I believe there must be a way for PCGS to achieve both objectives.

Just my two cents.

Casabrown

The current system allows recognition of Young Numismatists - denoting them with the YN designator in the properly ranked order of their Set - same should be done for Retired Sets - while preserving the Rankings in a proper order

And NO SET that will not have any more coins required should allow Retired Sets - earn the spot by collecting ALL the coins required for the Set - or fall down to the proper ranking if You don't want to continue the Set to completion

Furthermore...You term "Former Leaders" should not have the prior recognition if the Set is sold to someone else - that recognition falls to the "Present Leaders" that You referenced

Ownership should be a prerequisite of Recognition - and required in order to remain a Present or Past Leader

@Goldminers @WAYNEAS @JamieKiskis

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold