Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver is getting killed...

jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

The past few weeks have been rough for silver...to say the least...
Are we heading under 20 or back to around 30?
I think it looks like under 20 but that would be quite upsetting.

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it drops close/under 20 I might pull the trigger again.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in at 20

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is right about where it should be. Tarnished, naturally.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be rising again soon.... inflation is rampant. Hold on, going to be fun for a while... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 8:31AM

A fearful prediction: In the year 2025, somebody posts on this Forum "Silver is getting killed" as the price drops to $22. Then a few people post, "I'll be loading up at $22"

At some point doesn't Silver need to transform from a buying opportunity to actually going up in price?

Amazingly it was $50 an oz in 1980, and anybody that bought at that high is down over 50% in 40 years. It was $40 an oz in 2011, and anybody that bought at that high is down 40% in 10 years. Silver makes these very occasional very short lived spikes upwards, then basically drops for years after.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the sell off happened over a oustanding jobs report that included seasonal jobs, in reality we are still down 2 million jobs compared to this time last month. fake news only drops prices short term

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    the sell off happened over a oustanding jobs report that included seasonal jobs, in reality we are still down 2 million jobs compared to this time last month. fake news only drops prices short term

There are almost 10 MILLION job openings. If someone cant find work now they are most likely unhirable being either lazy, have a poor attitude or inflated sense of self worth.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is so many places looking for help in my area, as mentioned above, anybody who cant find a job, dos'nt want one.

all areas: hospitality, machining, construction, trades, resturant, etc.

lot of people that come in the shop to sell, tell me they have no intrest in working.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

But I thought the Reddit crowd was going to take over the COMEX? Silver to the moon and all.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Price drop fix is in to lower the price of silver to provide cheap market for solar panels. What a world we live in .. Subsidies to the solar buyer from the US Government. We will see a major increase in both silver and gold in January 2022...

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HiBucky said:
    Price drop fix is in to lower the price of silver to provide cheap market for solar panels. What a world we live in .. Subsidies to the solar buyer from the US Government. We will see a major increase in both silver and gold in January 2022...

True...

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep buying 90% hand over fist.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

@HiBucky said:

So you are saying subsidies (if there really are any) willl be ended in 6 months? And that will cause the price to go up?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy hi sell lo the life of a gutter stacker. I dumped about 20% of the stack this latest pump, shame I didn't dump it all.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

I read somewhere silver would go nuts in 2022 and then drop like crazy after that, like really drop back down to prices we haven't seen in 15 years. One persons prediction. Between these Reddit users and inflation who knows, it could happen. Who would of though palladium would be where it is today 5 years ago?

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once a physical ounce can be bought for under $20/ounce including the mark up, I will start acquiring again or better yet 10 ounce bars for under $200. Till then, let others play.

If it does go that low, buy some, stack some, have some fun , but don’t fall in love with it. When you can sell at $28-$30 take the money and run, because it always seems to go back down.

I sold everything I had except 1 10 ounce englehard bar ( for posterity) and I often wonder why I didn’t sell it a few months ago.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2021 3:31AM

In September 2020 silver dropped quickly (on "paper") from about $27 to about $23. That drop only took a couple days. These kinds of declines are not new. This time silver dropped from about $28 to $23 now. That decline took most of the summer. It seems like $23 may be a floor under the price. And $28 may be a current ceiling. We shall see if the floor or the ceiling cracks first.

Anyway, today I came across a favorable local price on some 100oz silver bars. The timing and the price seemed right. So I bought a few, to make smaller products (of 1.0 to 2.0 troy oz each).

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    In September 2021 silver dropped quickly (on "paper") from about $27 to about $23. That drop only took a couple days. These kinds of declines are not new. This time silver dropped from about $28 to $23 now. That decline took most of the summer. It seems like $23 may be a floor under the price. And $28 may be a current ceiling. We shall see if the floor or the ceiling cracks first.

Anyway, today I came across a favorable local price on some 100oz silver bars. The timing and the price seemed right. So I bought a few, to make smaller products (of 1.0 to 2.0 troy oz each).

So silver dropped next month??

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wingsrule said:

@dcarr said:
    In September 2021 silver dropped quickly (on "paper") from about $27 to about $23. That drop only took a couple days. These kinds of declines are not new. This time silver dropped from about $28 to $23 now. That decline took most of the summer. It seems like $23 may be a floor under the price. And $28 may be a current ceiling. We shall see if the floor or the ceiling cracks first.

So silver dropped next month??

Please excuse the typing error. September 2020 is what I meant.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a new lcs a few miles from me, might go check it out this weekend and scope some prices.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SimpleCollector said:
    Once a physical ounce can be bought for under $20/ounce including the mark up, I will start acquiring again or better yet 10 ounce bars for under $200. Till then, let others play.

If it does go that low, buy some, stack some, have some fun , but don’t fall in love with it. When you can sell at $28-$30 take the money and run, because it always seems to go back down.

I sold everything I had except 1 10 ounce englehard bar ( for posterity) and I often wonder why I didn’t sell it a few months ago.

That's exactly my number. Under $20 I'm back in...

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added some SLV and GDX. Just a hunch.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    But I thought the Reddit crowd was going to take over the COMEX? Silver to the moon and all.

No, they took ON the comex and the result of record high silver premiums shows they succeeded and so far, continue to do so. While their publicity and attack efforts have subsided the premiums have not. Good sign for the eventual correct price discovery method for physical silver. As long as physical prices are dependent on the futures market for their base price, the comex will indirectly control physical prices.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The price of silver has no relationship to reality. To pick any entry level for buying, or an exit price for silver - you might as well pick a number out of your hat.

The relationship to watch is the dollar vs. soybeans or corn. Or oil. They can't control the prices of all critical commodities with paper contracts, and the price of silver will eventually move in the same directions now as food commodities (and oil) until the dollar crashes & evaporates.

Government policies are turning out to be a witches brew for inflation right now and I expect that bigger spending will add more fuel to the fire. It's getting closer to being a Wild West situation. Everything is becoming negotiable, so buy & sell accordingly. Expect lots of volatility. Quite a challenge (and opportunity) if you are a trader or speculator.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    The price of silver has no relationship to reality.

20 years ago silver was $4. Today is $24. Up 6x. US national debt is up 6x and the stock market is up 6x over the same time.

At what price do you think silver should be?

• Options

@3stars said:

They ran outta stimulus money

:joy:

• Options
    edited August 18, 2021 1:58PM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@3stars said:

They ran outta stimulus money

:joy:

Maybe the Reddit crowd is forcing them to cover their shorts. Keep in mind that this occurred during the GameStop attack. A sudden turn in price will confirm short covering.

• Options

_20 years ago silver was $4. Today is $24. Up 6x. US national debt is up 6x and the stock market is up 6x over the same time.

At what price do you think silver should be?_

Like I stated above, you might as well pick a number out of your hat.

In other words, give a holler down to the trading desk at JPM to get your latest "silver price", but only after they've made their trades for the day.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    _20 years ago silver was $4. Today is $24. Up 6x. US national debt is up 6x and the stock market is up 6x over the same time.

Thanks for your great insight!!!

• Options

You might have better luck than most people. You should give a call over to JPM and see what the number is going to be today.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

@SimpleCollector said:

That's exactly my number. Under $20 I'm back in...

I’m with you. At this point I’m neither buying nor selling, just watching. IF silver gets down to 20 bucks an ounce I’ll be buying like a madman. For now I’m just a spectator.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

Less than $20 will not be a good nor a buy sign.

• Options

With a price and premium drop, I haven't found a better time to enrich my customers.

• Options

Manage your assets, don't let them manage you. Basing your buying & selling decisions on a paper contract-generated price for gold or silver is allowing the manipulators to manipulate you. Same goes for ETF "investments".

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

silver sellers are getting killed. Silver buyers are taking advantage of them.

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a silver buyer today. Look for a healthy price drop soon.

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

Total spam. Lets pick the market after a 50% correction, lol. This sounds like cohook and Baiey with there $35000 dollar house in Silicon Valley his DADdY brought fo $35000 that is now 1.5 mil.". Too bad gold would be worth 4.5 million without all the improvements and upkeep.

If I’m remember correctly it’s only 3 times which is generous. Day trades trade until they’re broke.. Stock brokers lie IMO.

• Options

@jmski52 said:

• Options

A blind monkey could have done as well from the 6500 level as today, I guess you need a day trader to really put you over the top lol

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ttown said:

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

Total spam. Lets pick the market after a 50% correction, lol. This sounds like cohook and Baiey with there $35000 dollar house in Silicon Valley his DADdY brought fo $35000 that is now 1.5 mil.". Too bad gold would be worth 4.5 million without all the improvements and upkeep.

If I’m remember correctly it’s only 3 times which is generous. Day trades trade until they’re broke.. Stock brokers lie IMO.

Wow, I'm very flattered that you remembered my little story told here so many years ago!

Meanwhile, looking forward to your gripping tale of how Your dad raised a family in a house made of gold bars with ASE roof shingles! 😉

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

Story time. I love happy endings.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2021 7:10AM

Remember when that plaque wiped out millions of people in 2020 ? You ( we) could buy silver at $13. In Nov'19.

Oooops, a dollar drop this month and a dollar drop last month...and it still costing $25. What changed in the last year ? Prices and attitudes.
    I tried to tell my kids to put that $1200 stimulus in silver. It's not like they needed money. They could not go anywhere, so they could have saved it. And sold it for a handsome profit today.
    Speaking of daddy. Whoever listened to their dad ?

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whee.....! Another roller coaster drop today....

----- kj