My favorite so far:

Very cool:

Chrome:

Base:

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Robert

I like the design here better than the 72T.

Will be interesting to see which "1st Bowmans" will be RC favorites next year?

BTW, thanx so much for the Project70 cards buddy!

I posted them in the Aug pickups thread - very kind, generous and thoughtful of you.

Plus, the note was a "made my day" kind of thing.

Mike
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Mike. Agreed on the design vs. 72T for the Heritage brand. Seems to work better for some reason.

You are most welcome. Hope you enjoy them!

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks great. Hope they have plenty of action shots like ‘73 Topps did - but this time shot correctly.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

choice of photography and shots oughta be interesting!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to this! Especially since I’m not really a fan of the 72 design.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently my petition to skip this crapfest and move straight to the 1974 design fell on deaf ears at Topps.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

Wonder if it will have Card#1 with Bonds, Aaron and Ruth. Really hope they do.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    Wonder if it will have Card#1 with Bonds, Aaron and Ruth. Really hope they do.

With an asterisk on Bonds and all the other 'roids guys on the back all-time HR list of course.

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

That would mean Bonds would knock his Godfather off the card.

Travesty.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

The spring training posed photos are a bit monotonous.

If they're not using an action photo, they should go back to in-stadium posed photos. Despite the fact that 90+% of the in-stadium posed photos during that era were either Shea or Yankee Stadium, visually, they are immensely more entertaining.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 said:
    The spring training posed photos are a bit monotonous.

If they're not using an action photo, they should go back to in-stadium posed photos. Despite the fact that 90+% of the in-stadium posed photos during that era were either Shea or Yankee Stadium, visually, they are immensely more entertaining.

another thing i noticed about 73 topps that were alot of photos of players in oakland baseball stadium.

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Any info on ship dates and prices... is this the official thread, or is Heritage dead this year?

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I do like the design. I will buy a box or two. With Fanatics, I suspect prices will be higher and fewer cards.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoDodgersFan said:
    I do like the design. I will buy a box or two. With Fanatics, I suspect prices will be higher and fewer cards.

Agreed. The chromes look sweet.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Dave and Adams has them for just under $1,200 for a case. Is there a better price anywhere from a reliable source?

https://dacardworld.com/sports-cards/2022-topps-heritage-baseball-hobby-12-box-case

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

@ArchStanton said:
    Dave and Adams has them for just under $1,200 for a case. Is there a better price anywhere from a reliable source?

https://dacardworld.com/sports-cards/2022-topps-heritage-baseball-hobby-12-box-case

I bought a hobby case from Steel City 2/2 for about the same price. At that time Blowout had them for a little less.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went for 2 cases last year because it was 1972, but I don't know what I'm doing this year. Way back when I started with heritage (the 1957 design) I always said I would do it until the 1973 design since that is the "vintage" cutoff for me.

I do like the 1974 and 1975 designs though. :D

• Options
    edited February 25, 2022 9:32AM

Topps killed future heritage with the 35th anniversary inserts that have redone most of the 80s designs. Think it would have worked all the way through the 80s had they not done that.

The archives set also waters it down.

Before Fanatics bought them thought they might do something crazy for the last year and had a history set with every design that totaled 25,000 cars and they printed enough to sell boxes for a decade! Glad there will be no reason to do anything crazy for the last year of Topps.

Looking forward to opening a box of each series like I have done recently. Will probably do that at least through the ‘82 design.

• Options

@nam812 said:
    I went for 2 cases last year because it was 1972, but I don't know what I'm doing this year. Way back when I started with heritage (the 1957 design) I always said I would do it until the 1973 design since that is the "vintage" cutoff for me.

Nick, do you have many 2021 dupes? I'm still missing many SP's and inserts, have many to trade as well.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

@magellan said:

@nam812 said:

Nick, do you have many 2021 dupes? I'm still missing many SP's and inserts, have many to trade as well.

Not sure I have any SPs left, but if you need any base, let me know.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

I have all the base Dan. Thank you for offering.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@magellan said:

I must have at least some Dave. Let me dig them out and see how many I have. I'll get back to you, and in the meantime you can PM me your lists if you want.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

@Mick65 said:
    Any info on ship dates and prices... is this the official thread, or is Heritage dead this year?

Release date is March 11. Blowout has boxes at $99.95 and cases at $1175 today.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've stopped at the 72 version. But may pick up a box down the road from here on out to bust, once the dip takes place.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2022 1:59PM

Checklist is out. Card #1 is not the all-time home run leaders like I hoped but is Nelson Cruz/Albert Pujols/ Miguel Cabrera so we get an active Home Run Leaders card - guessing Topps cannot make a Bonds card so will take the homage.

They have All Time Leaders - all SP but looks like no HR and no Hits leaders (Again guessing cannot make Rose or Bonds).

Glad they kept these parts of the ‘73 set as intact as they could with the limitations. My 3 boxes shipped so should have fun opening soon.

• Options

Got shipping notification on my case today.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭

A ton of cards on ebay already including a Barry White cut auto.

• Options

Nothing at my local Walmart yet.

Yaz Master Set

• Options

My case is supposed to be delivered later today. I don't think retail is supposed to hit until 3/18 according to a post on Blowout by Jim Parker Dan.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 444 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 - Nothing at my local Walmart yet.

I thought target and walmart discontinued card sales at retail?
    Have you heard that things have changed?

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered 2 hobby boxes on topps website today. They are not sold out yet last I looked.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

@sjjs28 Seems like policies changed (at least in my neck of the woods) as I've bought cards off shelves at both Walmart and Target in last couple weeks.

• Options

I'm calling this one. 2:28 PM Sunday March 13, 2022

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a couple hobby boxes from my LCS. Only opened one so far. Nothing big. A Judge jersey relic and a horribly OC Franco. Like that they've added more action shots to the base set, and making #50 a 73 Clemente reprint was a nice nod.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to be honest, I haven't opened a lot of Heritage for a couple years now. I think my last full case purchase of hobby was at least two years ago. While it's still a cheap rip at under $100/box, there is very little value and virtually no excitement ripping these boxes.
    I picked up 3 hobby boxes and ripped them over the weekend. All 3 boxes contained relics and outside of maybe 8 high number sp's per box, there was maybe 2 other cards per box that were interesting.
    Out of 3 boxes I got 2 black, one image variation one mini /100 and one chrome refractor /673. One nicely centered Wander base card. I figure the value is about equal to a blaster box.
    I'd probably be in for more at $50/box but not at $90. Really need to have a guaranteed auto in these.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

If someone has a second could you please look at a hobby pack and let me know what the odds of pulling a mini are this year, a picture is not necessary. Thank you in advance.

• Options
    tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭

1in 900

• Options

Last year was approaching 700...so even more printed this year. Thank you!

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Just opened my 1st hobby box and this was staring me in the face...

...can't even get centering on a big card right yet. :|

But, on the bright side, he's been on my strat-o-matic team for 35+yrs now, so will be nice game time show piece. :)

See what happens with box #2...

• Options

They’re all centered that way. Meant to look like they did in 73.

Yaz Master Set

• Options

@magellan said:

Perhaps a bit premature, It's ALIVE

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

@magellan said:

@magellan said:

Perhaps a bit premature, It's ALIVE

I’m just waiting to get my hands on some, then I’ll be posting wants and trade bait!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

I was able to pick up three boxes from a LCS on Tuesday. I opened two to get my set started. One of my box toppers was the Ohtani oversized card. The other was a buyback. I have put what I have so far in a binder. I am really enjoying the set so far. I like how the card stock feels kind of vintage. No sign of retail yet. I don't think it will be tough to find retail or hobby due to the massive production numbers. I despise the clubhouse collection relics.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2022 6:59AM

I think it is funny that in 1989 Fleer had to block out the Marlboro ad on the Randy Johnson card, but this years Trout image variation has a big Jim Beam ad on the Fenway Park wall. By next year all advertising will probably be replaced by Fanatics ads.

• Options

This year in the postseason ads will be on the helmets of all players. The helmet ad is going to be negotiated MLB wide so all players will have the same ad.

Next year on the jerseys. 4 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch ads (which is huge) will appear on the left sleeve for RH batters and the right sleeve for RH batters meaning the team logo patches will need to move to the other sleeve and teams will only be able to practically fit one logo patch.

Welcome to the era where players are walking billboards.

The players did not get enough of a competitive balance tax increase in my opinion to make up for the extra revenue the owners pocket from these ads and expanded play-offs.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the criticisms of Heritage I've had over the years is the same old same old boring posed shots with their spring training backgrounds in the 8:00 a.m. morning sun. I never looked at them closely enough to realize that they were actually all green screen photos. The same background then gets dropped in based on which team it is. This is a gif that someone made. Notice the same trees, clouds, etc. Except for the cropping, it's exactly the same. Lazy.

• Options
    edited March 29, 2022 10:00AM

This does not make sense to me. If green screened, isn’t the purpose of a green screen shot to put interesting backgrounds? Why would Topps not make it look like they were in their big league park, or on the moon, or anywhere else but a nondescript spring training back field?

A few second internet search found this:

Why would Topps not get a background shot or two at each ballpark each year?

Also wonder why background variations are not an SP.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the stadium sponsors or others want a cut if the stadium is featured?

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

That green screen is just plain lazy and stupid. If they were going to use a green screen, why couldn't they use an image from 1973 spring training. Like the original 1973 cards with the old cars in the parking lot in the background.

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Primarily, it is visually uninteresting. Is that the goal of photographers and graphic artists?

While there are plenty of posed photos from the 60's and 70's, other than some of the spring training photos, they were far from visually uninteresting.

I am surprised they don't throw in a few 60's/70's style airbrushing.