Home Sports Talk
Options

If you had to get rid of one of the four major sports?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you were forced to choose one of the four major sports to get rid of forever, which one would you choose to do away with for good, baseball, hockey, football, or basketball?

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hockey.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

NBA

• Options

This is a difficult decision for me, one thing I do know, I would be devastated if football didn't exist, almost as devastated as when I found out my dog tried to buy beer with a fake ID.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2021 4:50PM

Interesting question.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Interesting question.

It wasn't interesting at the time, he's a very bad dog, nowadays he just sniffs glue.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get rid of the NBA and NFL

Keep MLB and the NHL

Steve

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

NBA gone forever.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soccer

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    edited July 31, 2021 5:59PM

@SDSportsFan said:

Keep MLB and the NHL

Steve

Steve I thought you were a football guy? I swear you used to post to my Vintage Football thread in Sports card talk back in the day..

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d make the baseball players battle it out with the hockey players and whoever doesn’t come out on top shall have their sport banished forever. >:)

• Options
    edited July 31, 2021 7:19PM

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:
    Interesting question.

It wasn't interesting at the time, he's a very bad dog, nowadays he just sniffs glue.

You are an *****.....and I thank you! 😵

P.S. I had to edit. Because I know you're fragile.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

NBA for me. No question about it.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2021 7:34PM

No contest. Baseball. If I never watched another game I'd be a ok

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@SDSportsFan said:

Keep MLB and the NHL

Steve

Steve I thought you were a football guy? I swear you used to post to my Vintage Football thread in Sports card talk back in the day..

Yes, I was always a huge football fan; but since the Chargers moved to Los Angeles, and all the other stuff going on with the players and their protests, I've basically had it with the entire league.

Steve

• Options

Can't stop laughing, TOO funny!

• Options

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2021 7:33PM

@SDSportsFan said:

@perkdog said:

@SDSportsFan said:

Keep MLB and the NHL

Steve

Yes, I was always a huge football fan; but since the Chargers moved to Los Angeles,

Steve

You can have them back. We aren't using them

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only Pro sports out of the four worth having is Hockey.

Since I can only choose one to be gone, it would be NBA.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hockey can go. Love it live, but of the four, it gets the door.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:
    Interesting question.

You are an *****.....and I thank you! 😵

P.S. I had to edit. Because I know you're fragile.

I'll have you know that I have many friends in the canine world, some of them sniff glue, and some are gentlemen!

• Options

Ok, I've thought about the OP's question and I've decided that instead of getting rid of them, I would just turn them all into football leagues and football would be year round and football would rule the world forever!

• Options

@SDSportsFan said:

@perkdog said:

@SDSportsFan said:

Keep MLB and the NHL

Steve

Yes, I was always a huge football fan; but since the Chargers moved to Los Angeles, and all the other stuff going on with the players and their protests, I've basically had it with the entire league.

Steve

Ok I respect that. I feel the same way but refuse to let them win and destroy what I like. I just got extra batteries for the remote, Pause and FF is in play a lot! 🍻🇺🇸

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2021 5:06AM

Haven't watched NBA since Dream Teams 1 & 2. How could you get better than that?
    Haven't watched MLB since Alomar spit in the umps face.
    Watched the 1980 USA Hockey Team but living in the deep south I don't watch much hockey.

But if I had to pick one of four it would be MLB.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The easier, much easIer, question is which one I'd keep. The NFL.

Get rid of? The easy answer would always have been hockey. But I almost lean towards basketball, which used to be my second favorite.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

guess ill go w nba since we typically get rid of each sport at least once a year!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

NBA Gone! - McDonald's is always hiring so they wouldn't be out of work for very long........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    NBA Gone! - McDonald's is always hiring so they wouldn't be out of work for very long........

YARN | Hey. Take it easy. | Nacho Libre (2006) | Video gifs by quotes |  d7332825 | 紗!

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭

Bye Bye NBA, I do not think too many people would be upset

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

NBA for me. At least Hockey is entertaining occasionally. Gone are the days of Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Isiah... now it's run-gun-run-gun and no artistry whatsoever. High end college ball isn't far behind.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

I'd get rid of the NBA if we can keep NCAA for hoops.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

NBA

• Options

NBA

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Hockey

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Hockey

I would have said the same 5 years ago but now that I watch hockey I love it. Truly exciting, fast moving and things can change fast in terms of who is winning or losing. Then sudden death overtime... especially in the playoffs can be gut wrenching like no other. Not sure if you have watched much hockey but, if you haven't, I encourage you to do so.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:

@JRR300 said:
    Hockey

I would have said the same 5 years ago but now that I watch hockey I love it. Truly exciting, fast moving and things can change fast in terms of who is winning or losing. Then sudden death overtime... especially in the playoffs can be gut wrenching like no other. Not sure if you have watched much hockey but, if you haven't, I encourage you to do so.

Not for me. Too difficult to follow the puck. the dump and chase is boring. JMO