Home Sports Talk

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I have said before, I really thought he had all the tools. The caveats were the statue and the injuries. The statue is no longer in play. But he is hurt again.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

He can't even make it through practice without getting injured, he's going to get destroyed when the season begins. I mean, practice, we're talking about practice.

Practice, not a game, practice.

edited July 30, 2021 4:35PM

Practice!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got worse. Not only expected to miss the entire preseason but minor surgery is a possibility. Man that is one career destine for the s$$$hole.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Colts downplayed Peyton’s neck injury in 2011. He missed the season.

Colts downplayed Luck’s shoulder injury in ‘17. He missed the season.

Colts downplayed Luck’s ankle injury in ‘19. He retired.

Carson Wentz’s injury started off minor. The updates have only gotten worse.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a difference a few years makes. Wentz was considered in the upper eichelon of NFC qb's at one point.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

I wish Mr. Wentz all the best. It does seem his career has had some hiccups. I'm sure he was (is) hoping to make Indy a fresh start

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just here to say hello to @perkdog, carry on.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2021 9:45AM

A career that just wasn't meant to be.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

{The Colts do not consider this to be a season-ending injury,}

Uhhhh, OK!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    Just here to say hello to @perkdog, carry on.

My old friend Nick! Thanks for saying hello bud, hope your well 🍻

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

I wish Mr. Wentz all the best. It does seem his career has had some hiccups. I'm sure he was (is) hoping to make Indy a fresh start

Irsay is quite the character, I’m sure he is behind a lot of this stuff and is definitely a shady dude. My best friend has an “In” in the Patriots Organization and he was told 100% that the reason Josh McDaniels turned down the Colts job was because his wife absolutely would not allow him to work for the guy.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though the Eagles are losing a fortune on this guy with their share of his bloated salary, it looks like they dodged at least part of the bullet. Wentz is proving to the classic flash in the pan.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Surgery it is. 5-12 weeks it is. Look at the Colts games he might or will miss.
    Seattle
    Rams
    Titans
    Ravens
    49ers
    Titans

You want your unknown back up to start the season? They have to trade for a Marcus Mariota, Mitch Trubisky or gulp Nick Foles.

W.C.Fields
  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Surgery it is. 5-12 weeks it is. Look at the Colts games he might or will miss.
    Seattle
    Rams
    Titans
    Ravens
    49ers
    Titans

You want your unknown back up to start the season? They have to trade for a Marcus Mariota, Mitch Trubisky or gulp Nick Foles.

They may be out of it by November.