Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Joy's in Life! The Coin Life. Joyful Friday!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 30, 2021 9:29AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys, we all know that there are many trials and bumps in the roads of the coin hobby, Unfortunately.
However, I think there are far more "Joy's " in the coin world life, much more than pitfalls. Can you please post and share one of yours. Here is my most recent. Just spotting this brought joy to my whole day! Thanks guys! ;)

Here's an additional joy. The purchase will not cost me much at all! Only what I find. :)

The Joy of CRHunting.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options

@Mr_Spud said:
    Cool war nickel picture. I hope the box is full of them 🌞

Thanks, for the encouragement. :)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great luck, Joey. CR hunting is so much fun. I have did it since the mid 60's and have garnished so many 90 and 40 halves and other silver coins that I cannot even guess at how many nor how much. My biggest strike was when a man traveling from Ohio stopped in my store and paid with 10 rolls of dimes. Later that night I opened one and found it to be a complete roll of silver Canadian dimes, as where all rolls. To make it even more of a success story, was that it occurred in 1980. Great to see you do so well. Congrats
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

A war nickel is a good sign the nickels aren't coming from a source that has already searched them. Let us know what you find!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins Keep us posted. If you find any with rotated reverse 90 to 180 degrees let me know. Easy to spot if you flip over.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Opening soon.
    Right now, busy. Lol.

Tonight's the night...

Another Joy in the coin life, the Anticipation!

Thanks guys.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m very picky so any time I add a new coin to the collection I’m happy. It’s also great to have this community here to share the hobby with. 👍

• Options
    HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    And let it be the 3/2 overdate!

Not to rain on your parade, but its been like 2 months ago I cherry picked one . And offered it at a show of about 25 dealers....and no takers! Not ever an under price offer!
    It be a fantastic find...as long as you don't try to sell it.
    In fact I did post it on this forum when I found it.
    Jefferson varieties are flat............

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• Options
    edited July 29, 2021 4:42PM

...And offered it at a show of about 25 dealers....and no takers!

Although, what you say about the variety not too interesting by dealers. You may be right? I don't know if you're talking raw or graded? I'm pretty sure the slabbed ones should interest collectors more so, than only a raw example, no? Than of course, condition plays a huge equation in any deals. :*

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope ot is all war nickels and you find alot of varieties

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options

@joeykoins said:

...And offered it at a show of about 25 dealers....and no takers!

Although, what you say about the variety not too interesting by dealers. You may be right? I don't know if you're talking raw or graded? I'm pretty sure the slabbed ones should interest collectors more so, than only a raw example, no? Than of course, condition plays a huge equation in any deals. :*

True it was raw and from a unc roll....but again I was actually in shock that I had no takers...
    And sort of disappointed as i was hopeful to flip it.
    However
    I did take one that was slabed to a show, along with quite a few other Jefferson varieties. And only sold 3! And not at a price one would think they would bring.
    And believe me I had just as much issues selling registry quality slabed proof Jeffs!
    Im talking 68 to 70 's
    So I will pass on spending the cash to have the 43/2 graded.....and hopefully things may change.
    No matter fingers crossed for you...as an old roll and mint bag searcher. In fact I only kept 2 sweet Jefferson errors for my self. I sold off the rest.... I did send in some to be graded and some came ba k 68 fs errors.....oh those were the days!

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats on the find. Small pleasures are important!

• Options

@JoeyCoins
    I do have a buddy who texted me last week who got a brick of Half dollars that had 20 some 90% and 30 some 40% .
    So again fingers crossed my friend... roll searching and cherrypicking in my younger days was my jam!
    I was very good at it plus had some great lucky finds.
    I was good at that....but what I wasn't good at was returning the unwanted coins to the bank.
    When I did finish college and got married my folks told me all" my stuff" had to go!!!
    Including all the bags,rolls cans ,containers etc ....well it did....and I ended up paying off the note on my car! Even I was like wow! The new wife was like great pay off the car!
    I also recall many lectures on getting rid of all the change in my old bed room......I said "I do"....and my father said you will! lol. why the things we do? :)

• Options
    edited July 29, 2021 6:19PM

@HalfDimeDude said:
    @JoeyCoins
    I do have a buddy who texted me last week who got a brick of Half dollars that had 20 some 90% and 30 some 40%...

Cool story! Congrats on those half finds. I'm quite sure that day brought a "joy" that nobody would believe? Lol.
    I too love having those great results to please the better half. The joy on their faces ,huh? :D

• Options
    edited July 29, 2021 6:36PM

Ok, Here we GO...

The War nickel ender first!

I'll put a counter on my thread. Lol Hopefully, not jinxing it?

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 6:51PM

Well that's definitely a nice crimp on the roll! :)
    1.44 worth of silver - hope there's more!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited July 29, 2021 6:56PM

Yeah, nothing special about the 43p but the silver and maybe a reverse Lamination? No RPD. Still Cool. Hopefully, the first of many more Silvers? Yes, you're right about the roll crimp. :#

Still a Joy!

• Options

A second of Joy!

Look at this. Then I flipped it over. :'( lol.

• Options

8 rolls gone.
    No joyful nickels so far. :/

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

A second of Joy!

Look at this. Then I flipped it over. :'( lol.

1950 Philly is a heckuva tough coin to find.
    I have never found a 50-D. I don't ever expect to.

• Options
    edited July 30, 2021 5:49AM

@mannie gray said:
    1950 Philly is a heckuva tough coin to find.
    I have never found a 50-D. I don't ever expect to.

Thanks. Yeah, you're right. I can't recall if I even did come across a 50 Philly? ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Yeah, nothing special about the 43p but the silver and maybe a reverse Lamination? No RPD. Still Cool. Hopefully, the first of many more Silvers? Yes, you're right about the roll crimp. :#

Still a Joy!

Joey
    You probably can not longer tell do to the wear ,but the 43 P Jefferson has I believe if my memory serves me has like 70 plus varieties in rpms alone! Plus the other varieties known.
    Dr. wiles who is no longer doing attributions put his web book up for grabs to down load all the varieties. On my old phone I had down loaded it just to have a quick reference at shows.
    Keep digging....you ll find gold!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the nickels... There are not a lot of Jefferson nickel collectors... I do not know why, just a coin that seems to get ignored. War nickels are the ones that get attention. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Went through about half the box. Thus far, besides the silver ender, only one other find,1984s Proof. Still joy there, despite. Lol. :)

• Options
    edited July 30, 2021 10:27PM

Halt on my Nickel Box.

The Joy of hunting down

a small fortune at my bank!

Amongst all the winners, can you see the two stars of the show?

Unbelievable! Truly, a Christmas Present

from my Bank!

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this wasn't the OP I'd swear these are staged! For the longest time I thought PawnStars and Storage Wars were genuine! (Kidding Joey- I know you're the real deal.)

peacockcoins

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great find! B)

• Options
    edited July 30, 2021 10:38PM

An Additional 10 Quarter Rolls

from the same bank.
    Three Winners in These too! Here is the best find.

My #64 W

2020 W Samoa

I don't have to tell you guys that I'm having an EPIC DAY! :)
    Hoping you guys have one as well.

Wishing some Joy for you too.

Good Luck, guys. ;)

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations I have been casually searching since they first appeared and still have yet to find a W in the wild ever🤓eBay provided me with some first week of discovery from our host I do believe. Your an inspiration to us👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

no arguments about that

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Congratulations I have been casually searching since they first appeared and still have yet to find a W in the wild ever🤓eBay provided me with some first week of discovery from our host I do believe. Your an inspiration to us👍🏼

Yes guys, keep on hunting! The key;

Be Persistent.

I can almost guarantee you WILL find some "W's"! Good Luck.
    Guys ,these are HOT right now. So GO...
    :D

• Options

The Joy for this box has ended. Lol. Nothing else in the whole box but a 1984s Proof

And the opening picture of the lone silver ender. 1943p. Nothing special.
    Oh well, the joy is still there though. The Joy of collecting.
    On to my next sighting of Joy! Thanks guys. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file