Shooting a gun is an Olympic Sport

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 28, 2021 9:47PM in Sports Talk

I like it.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the USA is tops in the sport yet the MSM will never report the gold medals won. I wonder why? 😉😉

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

i was absolutely shocked when the today show had two skeet shooters on the show the other morning. must have been a slow day at the olympics.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 9:21AM

Imagine doing it after cross country skiing on snow in the winter olympics too....guns are year round.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    had two skeet shooters on the show the other morning.

so it was a skeet skeet segment?

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it. I shoot match 2,000 meter moving target as a hobby. Anytime any one of you lads wants to come and fool around- holler. Prescott AZ, the center of the precision universe.

Have a nice day
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The archery events are much much more fun to watch

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:

m

Like watching grass grow. If you're into it I guess.

Have a nice day
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 11:57PM

@streeter said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Like watching grass grow. If you're into it I guess.

I like watching the trajectory of the arrows flying through the air and see it hitting the target. The alternating shot format on the clock also adds to the intrigue. As far as skeet goes if your into watching someone wave a rifle and look to see if a "poof" appears more power to you. Same with a bullet you can't see. I shoot. I just don't find it compelling tv. To each their own.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@streeter said:
    I love it. I shoot match 2,000 meter moving target as a hobby. Anytime any one of you lads wants to come and fool around- holler. Prescott AZ, the center of the precision universe.

Let’s see a Picture of your sporting rifle

@streeter said:

I will second Perk. would love to see a pic of your set up. are you using .338 Lapua at 2000 yards?

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:

That sounds amazing. I don't do much more than some plinking, but I love shooting none the less.

edited August 2, 2021 12:34PM

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2021 6:41AM

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

Nice fire arm. I had an AR-15, .380 and 2 9‘s. unfortunately they were lost in a tragic boating accident.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

Nice fire arm. I had an AR-15, .380 and 2 9‘s. unfortunately they were lost in a tragic boating accident.

My other 10 were lost in a suspiciously house fire 😂😂😂

At 1,000-1,500 meters I've been using 6.5 Creedmoor. Ruger precision at a thousand is fun. I'm getting dialed in at longer distances and it's not as easy as some people on YouTube make it look. If USG is paying for ammo that helps. Lol
    I'm not that lucky.🙄
    It's all about the scope as most here know.

Have a nice day

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

looks nice man! what upper and lower are you using? I also couldn't make out what brand your LPVO is?

I picked up a DDM4V7 a couple of months ago and am running a Vortex UH-! holographic on it. I love that optic!

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

looks nice man! what upper and lower are you using? I also couldn't make out what brand your LPVO is?

I picked up a DDM4V7 a couple of months ago and am running a Vortex UH-! holographic on it. I love that optic!

Nice Craig! My build is Aero Enhanced Lower with Aero lower parts kit,, 14.5 FN Barrel, BCM gas tube/Block, Midwest Industries Mlok rail, BCM Gunfighter comp. Daniel Defense BCG, Geiselle trigger. For now I just have a 1x8 Vortex on it. How’s the Huey? I got an Eotech and Romeo 8 on a couple other rifles and was going to look into the Vortex for possibly another Reflex sight.

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

Nice Craig! My build is Aero Enhanced Lower with Aero lower parts kit,, 14.5 FN Barrel, BCM gas tube/Block, Midwest Industries Mlok rail, BCM Gunfighter comp. Daniel Defense BCG, Geiselle trigger. For now I just have a 1x8 Vortex on it. How’s the Huey? I got an Eotech and Romeo 8 on a couple other rifles and was going to look into the Vortex for possibly another Reflex sight.

if you like the Eotech reticle, you will like the Huey. very very similar. I like the triangle at the bottom of the Huey for close quarters work. I only have a few hundred rounds through it, but so far it has run great. I believe battery life is about 50% better than eotech and you get a lifetime warranty with the huey. as far as holographic go, I think the Huey is really the only competition on the market for Eotech.

how do you like the Geiselle trigger? i have been considering getting one. they have so many to choose from, I just cant make up my mind. looking for something crisp in the 4-5 pound range that would be good the the range and for defensive work.

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

if you like the Eotech reticle, you will like the Huey. very very similar. I like the triangle at the bottom of the Huey for close quarters work. I only have a few hundred rounds through it, but so far it has run great. I believe battery life is about 50% better than eotech and you get a lifetime warranty with the huey. as far as holographic go, I think the Huey is really the only competition on the market for Eotech.

how do you like the Geiselle trigger? i have been considering getting one. they have so many to choose from, I just cant make up my mind. looking for something crisp in the 4-5 pound range that would be good the the range and for defensive work.

I got a Romeo 8 which is pretty much a Huey, I like it a lot. My new build which I’m in the process of putting together now might get a Huey or a Trijicon, not sure. I got 3 LPVO’s and 2 Red Dots. I like The Geiselle trigger, I only have it on 1 of my builds, I got a couple CMC drop in triggers with 2.5 pull which are my go to combat rifles. Both Geiselle and CMC are top shelf in my opinion and your winning regardless of which one you go with

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

I got a Romeo 8 which is pretty much a Huey, I like it a lot. My new build which I’m in the process of putting together now might get a Huey or a Trijicon, not sure. I got 3 LPVO’s and 2 Red Dots. I like The Geiselle trigger, I only have it on 1 of my builds, I got a couple CMC drop in triggers with 2.5 pull which are my go to combat rifles. Both Geiselle and CMC are top shelf in my opinion and your winning regardless of which one you go with

it sure sounds like you are using top of the line gear in your AR builds. I have only been into ar's for a short time, 5 years or so. I have spent most of my life a big bore handgun fan. got my first .44 when I was still a teenager. in fact, that is where my CU handle came from. .44 mag is my fav. caliber.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

We seem to have strayed pretty far away from Olympic shooting...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
    edited August 2, 2021 12:32PM

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:
    My newest creation

it sure sounds like you are using top of the line gear in your AR builds. I have only been into ar's for a short time, 5 years or so. I have spent most of my life a big bore handgun fan. got my first .44 when I was still a teenager. in fact, that is where my CU handle came from. .44 mag is my fav. caliber.

Gun talk scares people so lets take it to PM

This discussion has been closed.