Home Sports Talk
Options

Social media in an uproar over this

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

A German judo star allows her coach to shake her violently and slap her around before a match at the Tokyo Olympics and when social media watched this, they hit the roof. Remember, this video is strictly for your entertainment, no need to thank me, I'm glad to help!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eME96XWpdIg

Comments

• Options

Her name is Martyna Trajdos.

• Options

This Olympics of full of tasty treats, ears being bit off, judo stars getting slapped around, I can't wait to see what's next!

• Options

Kung pow, hee ya!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 4:02PM

they are married. why its called marital arts.

thank you, thank you.

• Options
    edited July 28, 2021 11:57PM

in all seriousness, nothing really to see here. this is just called rex-kwon-do. its the ancient tradition of self-defense that took over 2 seasons in octagon to develop. the move you are seeing in the clip above is called “the buddy system”. no more flying solo. theres only one rule in rex-kwon-do. and that’s make it home to starla each night. if you dont, they will.

• Options
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

bow to your sensei

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 287 ✭✭✭✭

remember in the new America everyone is pampered now and very sensitive to everything and we still can't sing The Pledge of Alegiance in schools anymore.. Before say 1995 this is normal activity for getting ready for a huge sporting event/fight I see nothing wrong with this,

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@paulb71 said:
    remember in the new America everyone is pampered now and very sensitive to everything and we still can't sing The Pledge of Alegiance in schools anymore.. Before say 1995 this is normal activity for getting ready for a huge sporting event/fight I see nothing wrong with this,

I don't think all schools have done away with the Pledge.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

Depends on what part of the country we're talking about.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

In Sacramento Ca the Pledge has been gone for years !!! apparently it offended a lot of people ???? What country do these individuals think they live in ?? It is a disturbing trend.

• Options

@paulb71 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

In Sacramento Ca the Pledge has been gone for years !!! apparently it offended a lot of people ???? What country do these individuals think they live in ?? It is a disturbing trend.

I'm in Texas. Last time I was inside an elementary school for something in the morning, they did the Pledge of Allegiance and the Texas version. This was about two years ago. My wife is a HS teacher. I will ask her about it.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

ours still do it. they just have to arrive 10 mins early to participate. “deep south” though.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

ours still do it. they just have to arrive 10 mins early to participate. “deep south” though.

My daughter just finished elementary school. I think hers was the same. They did it in the gym, which is where all the kids would congregate before the start of school. So if you got to school right at the start, not late but not early, you don't do it. When I was in school we did it right at the beginning of the day, not before.

• Options

@paulb71 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

It is a very disturbing trend and it is spreading. An issue I would have never imagined happening here.

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@thisistheshow said:

@blurryface said:

@thisistheshow said:

@paulb71 said:

My daughter just finished elementary school. I think hers was the same. They did it in the gym, which is where all the kids would congregate before the start of school. So if you got to school right at the start, not late but not early, you don't do it. When I was in school we did it right at the beginning of the day, not before.

It's a shame concessions now have to be made for the Pledge today. Like you, when I was in grade school The Pledge was ALWAYS the first order of business.

When I was in school back in the mid 70;s The Pledge was always in the classroom and done everyday !!! Anyone who did not participate was taken care of at recess lol .

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys... The Pledge presents some very passionate feelings. Let's keep that stuff out of the discussion. Thanks!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:
    Hey Guys... The Pledge presents some very passionate feelings. Let's keep that stuff out of the discussion. Thanks!

Sorry Todd, got off topic there.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora - I get it. No harm done. It is just a hot button topic that can escalate quickly, so it is easier to address it now than after things have gotten heated.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2021 11:01AM

@AFLfan

definitely. another good call.

judo we didnt do it on purpose though! 😉

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

i would say that it is like football players on the same smashing their heads together before a game.