Home Q & A Forum
Options

Question on an avatar

Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been seeing these lately - Does this avatar mean a person is banned? And if so are they banned permanently or just a vacation ? I used to get information about "W" quarters from a member but now he has this avatar and haven't heard from him for awhile.........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that is the new avatar for a banned member, and yes the ban is permanent.

• Options

Well thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to find a good internet website about the "W" mintmark quarter information. LOL!

• Options

What information are you looking for?

Sounds like you already have the most important information...... it has a W on it. :D:D:D

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    What information are you looking for?

Sounds like you already have the most important information...... it has a W on it. :D:D:D

I don't know much about quarters as I can't stand all the state quarter programs any more and lost interest, so just random questions about the W's - I've never found one in circulation so mostly he was giving me tips on how was the best ways to find them.

• Options

The W quarters are getting harder to find in circulation.
    The last 4 boxes I looked through only produced one. :/
    If you can get boxes of quarters from your bank that is the best bet.
    If you can't get them from your bank because of shortages you can try car washes & laundromats. ;)

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found 14 since 2-2021. Did not find any in 2019 and 2020. The pandemic shut bank lobbies and really hurt. I just go to the bank and get as many rolls as they give me. I've been finding 1 in about every 125 rolls. It's getting real tough now/

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Yes, that is the new avatar for a banned member, and yes the ban is permanent.

Thanks for the info.
    Is there a page that shows banned people or notice of the new avatar?
    Thanks again
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...